Weighted Clothes?

I was just watching DBZ (not kidding) and in one of the sagas where Goku is training with King Kai he reveals he wears weighted clothing. Is this kind of thing benificial to strength/hypertrophy training? Ankle weights under pants, and elbow weights/belts etc.

Look up an Xvest.

I would imagine carrying around extra weights like you mentioned all day wouldn’t be too good for you.

Yeah you might blow out your O ring

what is an O ring? I just thought it might be good because, like medieval knights, they just grew up with armour on since they were 13-14 years old and by the time they were adults they apparently would be so used to it they just wear their 40-50kg armour like we wear normal clothes (super strong). I thought that was pretty cool. Ummm yeah. Comments? :stuck_out_tongue:

Works in theory. In practice the localized weight additions will probably end up effing your joints. Those who carry a LOT of extra fat but uniformly often see a lot of hypertrophy due to BW training though.

I base most of my training methods around what I learn from cartoons. Remember to weigh down your Pokemon as well so they can benefit from your method as well.

The limited benefit you would recieve from this would be outweighed by the possible detrimental effects that instantly carrying around extra weight all day would have on the knees and ankles and feet. And the fact that it would be suck a whole lot doing everyday things.

I guess I can compare your question to soldiers wearing body armour. With gear, we wear 50lbs or more. Every day for a year. In the Iraq sun. Oh, let the good times roll.
Really, it is not training. It is sucking it up. Obviously it is cumbersome. You work harder for most any movement. You get a lot hotter. I found that most people try to conserve movement, just be slower and less active in the vest. You don’t move unless you have to.
On another note, most every guy I looked after saw me at one time or another about back pain.
In short, from my experience, which may or may not be like the scenerio you describe, bad idea.

[quote]forevernade wrote:
what is an O ring? I just thought it might be good because, like medieval knights, they just grew up with armour on since they were 13-14 years old and by the time they were adults they apparently would be so used to it they just wear their 40-50kg armour like we wear normal clothes (super strong). I thought that was pretty cool. Ummm yeah. Comments? :P[/quote]

The O Ring is the muscle that holds the lungs from dropping through the asshole (duh). I’m surprised ye olde medieval knights didn’t drop lungs more often in the annals of the Round Table.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeh I might lay off that idea then lol. I already had back problems once before, and I know how much they suck, I would rather not have another incident :S

There’s nothing wrong with carrying a weighted backpack on a hike or, as rsg suggested using an Xvest from time to time but the overload should be occational, not all the time.

[quote]forevernade wrote:
what is an O ring? I just thought it might be good because, like medieval knights, they just grew up with armour on since they were 13-14 years old and by the time they were adults they apparently would be so used to it they just wear their 40-50kg armour like we wear normal clothes (super strong). I thought that was pretty cool. Ummm yeah. Comments? :P[/quote]

Armour wasnt worn only worn on the ankles and wrists, it was worn all over. So if you are going to make that comparison be sure to remember that the 40kg will be distibuted all over so that you dont blow anything out. If ou plan on wearing weights to build strength the best idea would be to wear heavy clothes that way you dont look as stupid as you would with wieghts on your hands and feet.