Weighted Chins

here’s a vid.

are these any good?

i think i ve got weaker on them? i did a high volume phase and now i feel a lil weaker :frowning:

look like chins

only thing id suggest is going to dead hang on each rep if you want to get a bit more out of them. much harder going to full dead extension.

Phill

oh you feel weaker did less?? did you gain BW on your high rep routine??

i actually did a routine with high workload (progressive workload) like 6x4, 7x4, 8x3, 6x3 like that … maybe supercompensation hasn’t occured just yet dont know, i expected 2 more reps.

To call a horse a horse those aren’t full range chins to be sure. The fact that you had to jump up to get the first one and then only drop down 3/4 of the way suggests to me you probably could not do a single one at that weight if you started the first rep from a three second dead hang.
Nevertheless, partial rep training has its place

[quote]acidhell wrote:
here’s a vid.

are these any good?

i think i ve got weaker on them? i did a high volume phase and now i feel a lil weaker :([/quote]

Not bad. However, i would drop the weight until i could do them all the way down to full extension and without bringing my legs into it. Much harder that way

[quote]sapasion wrote:
To call a horse a horse those aren’t full range chins to be sure. The fact that you had to jump up to get the first one and then only drop down 3/4 of the way suggests to me you probably could not do a single one at that weight if you started the first rep from a three second dead hang.
Nevertheless, partial rep training has its place[/quote]

I think that is kind of harsh. His concentric phase was strong; he didn’t have to struggle to get up. He could definitely do at least two full range chin-ups.

I suspect he isn’t going down all the way because of his set-up; the bag he has hanging from his belt will probably hit the floor if he goes too low, since the pull-up bar is in a doorway.

But I still don’t get the point of the post. To impress us?

Oh boy another T-Nation fight brewing over nothing.

Go a little bit wider on the grip, I know close grip has its place, but if you are wanting to put on mass go wider, drop the weight, and don’t move your legs the whole time. Bend your knees and lock your feet behind you to remind yourself this is an upper body exercise.

i think i fixed my form (now the reps are strict i think)

+45kg 3 reps plus some isometric holds
and sorry for the extremely gay song (not my choice)