T Nation

Weight Won't Go Up Anymore

18 year old 6’4’’ male stuck at 181 lbs.

I’ve been eating at 21 times my bodyweight and gained about 1.5 lbs per week so far, but I’ve been stuck at this weight for two weeks now, it actually went down a little.
How do I deal with this? Just keep bulking and hope I will eventually overcome that hurdle naturally?

Also, any idea why this happens? I weigh myself at the same time every time, right after taking a pee in the morning, did I just choose two unfortunate days to weigh myself?

[quote]bmn wrote:
18 year old 6’4’’ male stuck at 181 lbs.

I’ve been eating at 21 times my bodyweight and gained about 1.5 lbs per week so far, but I’ve been stuck at this weight for two weeks now, it actually went down a little.
How do I deal with this? Just keep bulking and hope I will eventually overcome that hurdle naturally?

Also, any idea why this happens? I weigh myself at the same time every time, right after taking a pee in the morning, did I just choose two unfortunate days to weigh myself?[/quote]

at 6’4’’ and 181, you are nowhere near your limit. So, you are eating 3800 calories and not gaining anymore. Make them 4300. See if you gain then. If not, have a couple of days per week that you eat stupid amounts of food, up to 7000 calories. See if you gain then. But, FYI, you will get fat too.

Weight is a vary variable thing, things like water retention, glycogen stores, carbs in your diet, the amount of food you eat, how much stool/urine you have in your, etc… can all affect it

If you’re performance in the gym is going up, and your waist is not getting out of control, I wouldnt worry too much about it if its only been 2 weeks.

How are you measuring your weight? Same day of the week, same time and after going to the bathroom?

Give it another week and if it isnt moving north than its time to up the calories a bit. Add 300 a day or so and see what that does. You tall guys really have to eat quite a bit some times, especially at your age.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Weight is a vary variable thing, things like water retention, glycogen stores, carbs in your diet, the amount of food you eat, how much stool/urine you have in your, etc… can all affect it

If you’re performance in the gym is going up, and your waist is not getting out of control, I wouldnt worry too much about it if its only been 2 weeks.

How are you measuring your weight? Same day of the week, same time and after going to the bathroom?

Give it another week and if it isnt moving north than its time to up the calories a bit. Add 300 a day or so and see what that does. You tall guys really have to eat quite a bit some times, especially at your age.

[/quote]
Yes, I’m measuring myself every sunday, directly after going to the bathroom (so before breakfast)

21 times your bodyweight? I know this is a HUGE exaggeration but it seems like theres a HUGE disconnection between what your doing and what’s actually happening.

Could you briefly outline what a typical day would be like as well as the supplements you take?

Very good, you may well have to add some calories in the near future then.

Don’t sweat it, a 2 week stalemate is nothing to be concerned about, a lot could be going on where hormones are concerned that are beyond your control. A few tip though, take a shot glass and fill it full of extra virgin olive oil and down it before bed and chase with water, this will tack on about 400 calories of good fats.

Also you way consider switching your training program or altering the intensity (assuming you haven’t tired this already) - best of luck

[quote]-MF- wrote:
21 times your bodyweight? I know this is a HUGE exaggeration but it seems like theres a HUGE disconnection between what your doing and what’s actually happening.

Could you briefly outline what a typical day would be like as well as the supplements you take?
[/quote]

I think he means he takes in that many calories. 21 x 181 = 3801 calories.

I don’t think he means he’s eating 3801 pounds of food.

[quote]-MF- wrote:

[/quote]
Well, other than lifting 3 times a week, I’m pretty much sedentary, except for bicycling to and from work in the morning/afternoon which takes me 5 minutes each. I’m currently taking Magnesium Citrate, Zinc, 5g fish oil, 5000 I.U. Vit D and 5 g Creatine each day

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]-MF- wrote:

[/quote]

I think he means he takes in that many calories. 21 x 181 = 3801 calories.

I don’t think he means he’s eating 3801 pounds of food.[/quote]
Yeah, I thought that’d be obvious^^

I tend to avoid math unless I’m forced too and that is really an odd way of expressing your caloric intake. Are you not doing any form of liquid nutrtion? Kind of hard to get bigger without liquids. Besides that the only additon I would think about is Leucine. All the rest supplementation wise, is just fluff. One could argue what are the staples, but I think you pretty much got them.

At 6"4 just to look like you even lift you will probably need to get to 220. Learn to stuff your face…