T Nation

Weight Vest Recommendations

I’m looking at getting a weight vest for some easy conditioning but I’m unsure what weight to get. Obviously I’ll not be using it all straight away but is it worth having extra weight to add in future or can I get enough out of it with say 20kg?

I am in the UK so if anyone has any recommendations of brands too that would be great.

I went through this dilema recently (also in the UK, there aren’t many)

I ended up only getting 10kg or so, but its very top heavy and feels surprisingly heavy!

I went with the Xn8 Sports Vest (from a well known online marketplace) . Its not adjustable for weight, but very comfortable compared to some of the ‘wearable bags of weights’ you get, which does help with using ir more often. Can easily wear it under a jacket or around the house.

For the price that weighted vests are going these days I’ma buy a full set of tactical webbing with all the pouch attachments I can fit on it and fill it with gold. Shit would still be cheaper than a weight vest probably

Depends on your weight, but for easy conditioning I’d stay in the range of 10-15% of your bodyweight. I’m around 80kg and I used to go walking with 10kg in a backpack (not ideal, but decent for a poor man’s solution lol), worked good for conditioning and recovery

I’m about 85kg. I’m a university student so basically everyday I’m carrying a bag with a big laptop and books in probably weighing at least 5kg and it does make a difference. I may try just loading up my bag some more before forking out the money for a vest.