Belly 80cm-82cm
Chest 101cm - 104cm

Lifts-
Bench press: 60kg-72kg 5x5
OHP: 40kg-45kg 5x5
Deadlift 105kg-125kg
Squads 80kg - 105kg
Pull Ups +2.5kg to 10kg 5x5

So i still see my six pack definition so i keep bulk for another 2 months then i gonna cut im ± 15% body fat. i dont see any fat income since this 3 kg.
So what do u guys think im douing everything ok ? its quick progress or maybe to slow ?
PS: i have issues with my grip last days my forearm its getting pump as fuck and hurts sometimes when i start from deadlift i cant resp of my trening propelly cuz the pump in the forearm is so huge that its fucking my whole effectiveness of other exercises.

You need to stop this unhealthy obsession. Progress in this game is NOT measured days.

7 Likes

Keep logging your strength progress workout to workout. I would graph the results to see the slope of the curve change.

Also keep logging your body weight.

If you must tape circumferences of various body parts do it monthly.

Use the mirror to determine if you are satisfied with your body composition (and add skin fold tests in you want further validation).

Keep plugging away. This is a “marathon”, not a sprint.

2 Likes

If these are 1 rep max numbers, I would advise that they also be at least 5 rep numbers.

they are 5x5 ofc

1 Like

I recommend you doing no 1 rep maxxes on any lift. If you feel you “must” know your 1RM, (use percentages) divide your 5 rep max by (90%) 0.90. Example: 5 reps with 72kg is approximately (72kg/0.9) 80kg for a 1RM.

i never do 1 rep max i only do 5x5 and i use calc to know my rep max

Calculator works only for people who do max. Maxing is also a skill and if its not practiced and the heaviest you go is 5 reps, your posture, tightness, bracing, all turns into a jelly when you suddenly unrack 20% more.

As far as your main questions go…
I wouldnt look at anything in a term of a few months. Try maybe 2 years.
At your weight and your stats, nothing can be done in 2 months.
Unless you get unhealthy fat, you should bulk till you are like 90% done of your main goal. The way people lose the most time(many many years) is this bulking and cutting a bit.
Id say… bulk till you are 100kg, cut down to 90. Then we will see what has to be done.

1 Like

That would be no surprise. Even if you perfect your 1RM, you have about a zero percent chance of doing 20% more weight than your 5 rep max.

In competition, most people shoot for a 103%.
A good clean 5repper could go up to an ugly +20%… Anyways, even if its 15% if we wanna do a correct math - it is overwhelming. At least for me. If i havent done singles, as soon as i load up one, after doing months of 5s, it feels like double that weight.
Anyways, he did say 5x5… A 5x5 is definetly less than 85%… a true 5 rep max cant be done for 5 sets by most people. So my +20% is correct anyways.

1 Like

To feel more weight you could do your 5 reps with accommodating resistance where your 1RM weight is at the top of the lift.

I never said that. He should find his single set 5 rep max. That will be about 90% of his 1RM.

Though in my example I used his 5x5 weight. But I stand by knowing your 5 rep max as your strength indicator.

Yes but i was talking to him about how heavy would 20% feel.
You said that it wouldnt be 20%… Since he said he does 5x5 i do feel his 1 rep max would be +20%.

Please note that your 5x5 training strategy will eventually (or sooner) fail to be the optimal stimulation for muscle (strength) growth.

Change to 3x8’s for a while, then 5-3-1 for a while, etc.

1 Like

I’ll disagree, unless he is really sand bagging his 5x5’s. And we can agree to disagree.

Let’s use 500lbs as a person’s 1RM (makes math a snap)

That person should be able to do 400lbs (80%) for 10 reps and 450lbs (90%) for 5 reps. (These are single set maxes.) I assure you I could do 5x5’s with 440lbs with 3 minutes rests between sets.

20% of 440lbs is 88lbs, which would make my 1RM attempt 528lbs. Not one chance in the world.
Now if the person “sandbags” with 425lbs, he would still need a miracle to get a 510lb.

Bro i was 104 kg i lost to 70 kg now u want me to get fat again ?

well in my plan i have days where i bench 8-12 etc and im progressing with lower weight for example now im at 65lkg 8x3 at other day

Stay with your program until you plateau. Then change things up. That is why I wanted you to log your progress. When you graph the numbers it is obvious when you have plateaued.

You think one can only either be fat or skinny? How about muscle? 100kg of muscle is not even that big. Cut that to 90 and you will look good.

I dont think so i can build 20kg muscles in 2 years (naturally) xD tbh i just want 10kg muscles Like 77 kg 10% body fat i dont wanna be huge i wanna be strong but lean like my goal is 80 kg and 160kg bench press one rep max renemner im 175 cm of high