T Nation

Weight Training Causing Baldness?

Umm…uh oh?
Maybe we can get a collective group discount at Bosley.

Everybody! Stop lifting weights, it’s evil!

Lol @ this though. Sometimes I really do think the govt wants us fat, slow and stupid so they can mind control us. (I’m the last person to be a conspirist but I saw it in the political forum)

I’ve seen it in the Toronto sun too. Every reason to lift weights and be strong. Whatever.

That is approximately the dumbest article I have ever read.

Well, it is true that male pattern baldness is a testosterone issue. But I’d rather be strong, well built and balding than be fat or skinny and weak while having a thick head of hair. And that’s funny to me… considering I have long hair.

Can’t be accurate. Otherwise most NFL players would be bald, but in fact you see just the opposite. I can only think of a few NFL guys who are bald.

“We have seen an increase in men in their twenties and thirties who regularly circuit train. There’s no doubt it is often a factor in hair loss.”

Ah, thank God, I don’t “circuit train”. Whew! That was a close one.

A few months ago I had a know-it-all tell me that lifting weights makes you go bald, that lifting weights makes you develop breast tissue, and that he has a friend whose 190lbs and does dips with 7 plates on the Dip Belt and benches well over 400 but doesn’t squat, deadlift, or compete in Bench Press meets.

He’s fat, weak, and benches half-reps with his shoulders thrown forward and scapula pulled apart.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
“We have seen an increase in men in their twenties and thirties who regularly circuit train. There’s no doubt it is often a factor in hair loss.”

Ah, thank God, I don’t “circuit train”. Whew! That was a close one.[/quote]

Was this even a study conducted? They just chose to look at male pattern baldness and assume it was the “circuit training”? What if they all drive cars? Cars cause baldness?

I bet they all used the internet! And brushed their teeth!

Clearly it is all related.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
“We have seen an increase in men in their twenties and thirties who regularly circuit train. There’s no doubt it is often a factor in hair loss.”

Ah, thank God, I don’t “circuit train”. Whew! That was a close one.

Was this even a study conducted? They just chose to look at male pattern baldness and assume it was the “circuit training”? What if they all drive cars? Cars cause baldness?

I bet they all used the internet! And brushed their teeth!

Clearly it is all related.[/quote]

So says the biggest dude here who happens to be a baldie.

[quote]Shire wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
“We have seen an increase in men in their twenties and thirties who regularly circuit train. There’s no doubt it is often a factor in hair loss.”

Ah, thank God, I don’t “circuit train”. Whew! That was a close one.

Was this even a study conducted? They just chose to look at male pattern baldness and assume it was the “circuit training”? What if they all drive cars? Cars cause baldness?

I bet they all used the internet! And brushed their teeth!

Clearly it is all related.

So says the biggest dude here who happens to be a baldie.
[/quote]

Yes, it all fell out that first day in the gym.

Oh, but what a day that was!!

I’ll be one of the few who will be glad when he does go bald so I don’t have to shave my head everyday to make it shine.

I’d take a hot, strong baldie over a skinny dude with good hair anyday.

This is “The Sun” newspaper. It is famous for the wonderful boobs it displays on the third page every morning, hence making it the best newspaper in the UK.

The sport pages are pretty entertaining, as is their “photo casebook” but the rest of the thing is utter shite. So please ignore any and all articles posted from said paper for “factual content”.

This is a great example of the hilarious nonsense they print. I love it. However, I wouldn’t base my world outlook on it.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Shire wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
“We have seen an increase in men in their twenties and thirties who regularly circuit train. There’s no doubt it is often a factor in hair loss.”

Ah, thank God, I don’t “circuit train”. Whew! That was a close one.

Was this even a study conducted? They just chose to look at male pattern baldness and assume it was the “circuit training”? What if they all drive cars? Cars cause baldness?

I bet they all used the internet! And brushed their teeth!

Clearly it is all related.

So says the biggest dude here who happens to be a baldie.

Yes, it all fell out that first day in the gym.

Oh, but what a day that was!!

I’ll be one of the few who will be glad when he does go bald so I don’t have to shave my head everyday to make it shine.[/quote]

I’ll tell ya what, you could donate your hair to me! Would that even work? Who cares, let’s try it anyways!

The title of the article is a little extreme, but the correlation is likely.

We already know intense resistance training leads to a boost in T-levels, and it has long been known that Testosterone is a contributing factor to baldness.

Ultimately though, lifting or even high test levels is not going to cause baldness. What is more likely is that weight training may cause people that are going to go bald anyways go bald a little earlier.

I’m the only one of my brothers with a receding hairline. I am also the only one who works out. I never paid very much attention to my hair until this past year when I noticed that it has receded more than I can remember.

I’ll worry about it when it appears in the Weekly World News next to the bat boy.

I’d rather be bald and buff than hairy and fat.

So…who needs hair, anyway?