T Nation

Weight Purchase

Can anyone recommend a relatively “cheap” online place to buy plates and a barbell? I troll Craigslist quite a bit and picked up a nice bench but I need the plates and barbell quickly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

DL

If you buy online your going to have to pay for S&H which makes it no longer cheap.

Check and see if there is a “Play it Again Sports” in your area. They sell their used weights for $0.35 a pound! I just bought to 45 plates with handles for $30 bucks.

If no Play it again, look for another used sporting goods store.

Suppose you are right about the S&H. Didn’t think about that. I’ll definitely check out Play It Again. Thx.

Go to Dicks, sport authority, sears etc. You should be able to get any oly bar and 300lbs of weight bar included for $99.

If you can, wait till the morning after T-Giving at Dick’s, Sports Authority, etc.
all stores have early bird specials usually until 11:00 and they typically have deals on 300 lb weight sets.

what man in there right mind goes shopping the morning after t-giving in that madness. It aint worht the 5-10 dollars off a $99 set. IMO

Try www.craigslist.org It will work if you are near Indy.

Going to a store and buying is your best bet. Call some pawn shops also.

Shipping and handling is expensive when any signifcant weight is involved.

[quote]Phill wrote:
what man in there right mind goes shopping the morning after t-giving in that madness. It aint worht the 5-10 dollars off a $99 set. IMO[/quote]

LOL seriously… shopping on friday MORNING after thanksgiving? Thats the worst day of the year, and its morning!

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
Phill wrote:
what man in there right mind goes shopping the morning after t-giving in that madness. It aint worht the 5-10 dollars off a $99 set. IMO

LOL seriously… shopping on friday MORNING after thanksgiving? Thats the worst day of the year, and its morning![/quote]

You can at least get in some decent GPP during the experience. You know, walking a few miles to the store from your parking space, lugging the weights to the register, tossing people out of the way to get checked out quicker, etc.