Weight Loss with Twinkie Diet

I hate when science argues “calories in = calories out.” I don’t even know what to say to this expiriment… I have always been under the impression that even if you ate a moderate amount of crap that you’d be in horrible shape.

I’m not condoning this behavior, but wtf?!?

Not the first time someone has done this.
Here is the movie “Fat Head” on Hulu dot com.

The guy ate fast food for 30 days and lost weight.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head
^Actually a pretty good movie and I know at least one teacher that plays this for her students every year.

Crappy food for 30 days does not stress a healthy body as much as crappy food for a life stresses Jabba the Hutt. Consider insulin sensitivity is built up over long periods. Atherosclerosis doesn’t happen in a month. Glycosylation of hemoglobin is a 3 month test and its the best measure of the Die-or-beat-us

Losing weight is one thing, losing fat and maintaining an aesthetic body composition is another.

Fat Head is a good movie. I enjoyed it so much, ended up buying the DVD.

The movies director had a write up about the Twinkie Diet on his blog. Once you see everything eaten, it’s not surprising that the Professor lost weight.

“The ?Twinkie Diet?”

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2010/11/16/the-twinkie-diet/

[quote]Smartass99 wrote:
I have always been under the impression that even if you ate a moderate amount of crap that you’d be in horrible shape. [/quote]

Yes, this is crap. There are tons of athletes, especially football players, who don’t have the best diets but look better than most here.

Your belief that a “moderate amount of crap” = “horrible shape” seems to ignore genetics, energy output and even age.

I mean, we just discussed this is the frozen pizza thread.

[quote]JLone wrote:

^Actually a pretty good movie and I know at least one teacher that plays this for her students every year.[/quote]

There was another bodybuilder years back who got into contest shape eating only Mc Donald’s.

Calories in vs. out simply works. Manipulating macros may help with a stubborn percentage at the tail end of a cutting phase but for Joe Blo to lose ten lbs a simple cut in calories, from any source, will do. Not smart to eat shit and deprive the body of nutrients though.

[quote]overstand wrote:
Losing weight is one thing, losing fat and maintaining an aesthetic body composition is another.[/quote]

x2

If you can’t contest prep on twinkies and fast food, maybe you’re not cut out for this.

Dave Tate. granted…he’s a freak

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

^Actually a pretty good movie and I know at least one teacher that plays this for her students every year.[/quote]

There was another bodybuilder years back who got into contest shape eating only Mc Donald’s.[/quote]

As a medical professional, though, do you consider this good for long-term health?

I’m no health nazi, and fast food is delicious. I wouldn’t cut it out of my diet for sure. But eating ONLY fast food? That doesn’t sound too clever.

[quote]NotaQuitta wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

There was another bodybuilder years back who got into contest shape eating only Mc Donald’s.[/quote]

As a medical professional, though, do you consider this good for long-term health?

I’m no health nazi, and fast food is delicious. I wouldn’t cut it out of my diet for sure. But eating ONLY fast food? That doesn’t sound too clever.[/quote]

Have you seen a Mc Donald’s menu? They have quite a number of items that could be eaten even by someone in the middle of contest prep.

What bothers me is that some of you seem to not acknowledge this.

Chicken breasts, salads, apples and fruits, milk…hell, leave the bun off the sandwich and it isn’t even high carb.

What is “unhealthy” about that?

Further, what exactly is “unhealthy” about a hamburger?

That is why I hate these labels of “clean” vs “unclean” food. They don’t mean anything.

If you are lumping all food into “junk” categories because of some strange bias towards where you buy it, do you really think you are better off?

Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger!
[/quote]

Man, you are on a ROLL!

Have you seen a Mc Donald’s menu? They have quite a number of items that could be eaten even by someone in the middle of contest prep.

What bothers me is that some of you seem to not acknowledge this.

Chicken breasts, salads, apples and fruits, milk…hell, leave the bun off the sandwich and it isn’t even high carb.

What is “unhealthy” about that?

Further, what exactly is “unhealthy” about a hamburger?

That is why I hate these labels of “clean” vs “unclean” food. They don’t mean anything.

If you are lumping all food into “junk” categories because of some strange bias towards where you buy it, do you really think you are better off?
[/quote]

No, I haven’t seen a McDonalds menu I guess. Had no idea that they had any of those things. I haven’t eaten at McDonalds in probably 6 years.

A lot of times people on this site just apply their own goals to their logic for diet recs. If they avoid a food then it is “bad”

^agreed, but frankly, that is why I write like I do. I already know there are few fast food places where you simply can not eat better. Even KFC, the mother of all fatness inducers, has grilled chicken on their main menu. People just don’t want that.

That is why a bodybuilder can diet into contest shape at Mc Donald’s and why Supersize Me was a pile of crap.

I already know there are few fast food places where you simply can not eat better. Even KFC, the mother of all fatness inducers, has grilled chicken on their main menu. People just don’t want that.[/quote]

I travel a lot for work and if I’m short on time or rushing to catch a plane, then Wendy’s has salads like the Cobb salad or chicken caesar salads that are great (use the dressing according to goals), or like you mentioned, the KFC grilled breasts are great (and I really don’t like chicken breast all that much).

Bulking? Get a wendys chicken caesar salad and a double hamburger (made to order) and chop it up into your salad-- There, veges, protein, some fat, and carbs if you want/need them.

Pretty simple (and common sense) stuff, IMO.

Yeah, probably skip the McShakes, Candy Fries, Cinnamon sticks, and Frosty’s… or not!

^agreed, but frankly, that is why I write like I do. I already know there are few fast food places where you simply can not eat better. Even KFC, the mother of all fatness inducers, has grilled chicken on their main menu. People just don’t want that.

That is why a bodybuilder can diet into contest shape at Mc Donald’s and why Supersize Me was a pile of crap.[/quote]

The fact that I didn’t know McD’s healthy menu existed is the main reason that i started hitting Jimmy Johns. Today was a good workout though, and I am gonna have some beers, so I stopped at wendy’s and got my first cheezburger in 4 months.

That is why a bodybuilder can diet into contest shape at Mc Donald’s and why Supersize Me was a pile of crap.[/quote]

^concur. My duty requires a lot of my body; being athletic… quick, strong, enduring… overall being tough is truly a necessity in the environments I operate in. I eat like shit while in the field but I do my best whenever I can… no junk foods, processed food, sodas, etc. When back home in Thailand I eat super healthy and follow a well-balanced diet (within reason as I am still lacking in the veggie department as I detest them… thank you Biotest for Superfood!). My body is a machine and has adapted to many of the fuel sources I have provided it; some being pretty pathetic… with that said I am still in top condition and my body reflects that.

Genetics and a perfect diet are important but not the holy grails as so many think it to be… hard training, attitude, perseverance, persistence, and determination are definitely hallmarks of the elite in our world… be they warriors, bodybuilders, professional athletes, or Olympians.

I know many of you find X to be a “know-it-all”, highly argumentative, and even high-handed… however has anyone realized that he is simply tickling our brains, opening up our eyes to possibly different perspectives, daring one to think outside of their fortified box for just one brief moment?

It appears that over-sensitivity has run rampant in young minds these days. Why must we all have to agree to agree instead of just agreeing to politely disagree on certain occasions? Just saying…

The following is probably one of the funniest things I have ever read from Prof X… in lays the truth about our world of miscommunication, misunderstanding, and the general ignorance of faulty thought processes. Wake up, or be eaten!

Are some of you experiencing some strange reading comprehension phenomenon? Like I have written before, no matter what I write, all some of you see is “hamburger”.[/quote]

• From the infamous 2010 Prof X, What Do You Eat? Veggie Thread

Yes, this is crap. There are tons of athletes, especially football players, who don’t have the best diets but look better than most here.
[/quote]

you mean like this guy? lol he says he eats Mc Donalds every day.

…and why Supersize Me was a pile of crap.[/quote]

Supersize Me was never going to work cause he was drinking super sized sodas ever day lol