Weight Loss Supplements

Hey there, my names Matt I’m from Australia. I’m 19 year old, to date I’ve lost around 35kilos. But for the last 7 months or so I’ve been slack with no exercise or much weights or anything because i got a fulltime job.

But I’m sick of this last layer of fat, (I’m sure uve all heard this before) anyway now I’m back into weights and got some new running shoes but I want something to keep my metabalism going all the time, I often work 13 hour shifts, minimum 9 hours 5 days a week.

I do have nuts throughout the day to keep my metabolism going but I really want to try some pills. we cant get HOT-ROX, that I know of because of illegal content, I was thinking about lipo 6x maybe?

I just want to get defined, get a sick pack (I CAN ALMOST SEE IT) etc. You get the idea, I’m the right age to get my body into a good shape I just need some professional advice, I’m eating properly, but minimum, because my priority (for now) is to lose weight. (even though I know its easier to bulk up if I have fat on my body but I want to feel comfortable with my top off)

So what would you recommend I take? I’ll upload a picture of my body I took today, its embarrassing but hopefully it will give you an idea

well first thing are you sure your diet is good? you say you eat nuts, but what other sorts of things do you eat throughout the day? i belive you can get HOT-ROX from the Biotest australia website, but not HOT-ROX extreme. fat burners in my opinion aren’t worth the money, they are roughly $100 a bottle, when you can just buy no-doz or coffee to stimulate your metabolism, but then again i have never tried HOT-ROX…

i also eat fruit and vegies, lots of water, and meat if i can find some (work in a plaza) generally i dont try to eat too much

Obv, make sure you have your diet in order.

Last spring I dropped weight without losing any muscle (I actually got stronger, best shape of my life IMO) I changed my weight training to higher weight lower reps and the only supplement I was really using was CLA. If you can get that, I would try adding 4 caps a day for a 60 days. I def plan on going back to it in January when I start to cut down again.

My buddy swears by forskholin (sp) for the same thing. (getting ripped)

Creatine can help too I believe. Aids in keeping your workouts strong, muscles full, and can burn an extra 150 calories a day…

Some mushrooms were recently mentioned in this forum in preventing fat storage in the midsection… but idk about LOSS.

I dont have personal experience or really much knowledge on other supplements for weight loss. I’m a naturally lean guy, I look for the opposite! haha

what’s your workout program like? good job on the fat loss so far too mate

thanks for the replies guys :slight_smile:

Umm its not too “structured” but i try to do weights one day, then run the next, weights, then run etc. I do it when I get home from work. I do bench press, dumbell curls, shrugs, sit ups, and military press. its just a lot harder to run after I’ve been on my feet for 9-13 hours a day (I’m a salesperson) I’m more into sweating, and getting my heart rate up via the weights.

do you do any squats, deadlifts or rows? high-rep squats would help you a lot more than benching and curling for fat loss and muscle gain. also make sure you do get some rest days. as for pills I’d second CLA, and if you need the energy then some sort of stimulant like the ones described above should do the trick.

ok thanks :slight_smile: no i dont do any of the exercises you said, mainly because it kills my legs too much (lol) and i dont have a bar at home and never have time for the gym. what is the best way to get cla? or which product? or do i just need a 1000mg pill of cla? if so when would i take them? thanks! and i did some looking at Forskolin and it looks interesting, as if it almost destroys fat and tightens skin?

hmm I don’t know much about forskolin, but you should be able to find CLA at a supplement store, if not look for fish oil with CLA, as for dosage someone more experienced might like to speak up, I think CT reccomends 1 fish oil capsule for every 2% bodyfat? you should really be doing squats and rows though, skip your next benchpress session and do squats, even if they’re bodyweight or single-leg with dumbbells, your legs will get stronger.

ok thanks, i only really do benchpress ignorantly to get rid of my man boobs. but i will start doing squats thanks. anyone know anything about all this acai berry stuff? or more specifically acaiburn? any success stories?

[quote]matt5566 wrote:
ok thanks :slight_smile: no i dont do any of the exercises you said, mainly because it kills my legs too much (lol) and i dont have a bar at home and never have time for the gym. [/quote]

There’s your problem. That and diet… but still you should lift intelligently.

yes i know thats why i posted asking for solutions and help

[quote]matt5566 wrote:
yes i know thats why i posted asking for solutions and help[/quote]

My advice is, track your calories, eat below your maintenance, find a solid program, then worry about supps. If you need help with those aspects, feel free to ask a specific one.

Are you doing the same lifts every day? You may want to start going higher intensity and focusing on hitting each major muscle group once a week with heavy weights… You should have a good base if you’ve been doing some weight work for awhile.
Cardio IMO, is somewhat overrated in weight loss. I’d only do that like twice a week, and the higher the intensity once again the better (e.g. sprints or jumps vs elicptical or jog). Hit the weights 3-4 times a week. Rest at least 1 day a week.

Split workouts into something like:

1 Chest/Shoulder (Pushups, bench, incline, decline, military press, lateral raises etc)
2 Cardio / Abs (GOOD ab work, not crunches)
3 Legs (squats, deads, lunges, calf raises/jumps, dont ignore the hips and glutes :wink: )
4 Back (rows - bent over, upright, incline, seated etc - chin-ups, a lot of people ignore the back of their body; dont be them)
5 Cardio / Abs
6 Arms (curls, dips, forearm/grip work, this day is usually easy so throw in some more ab work or work on a weakness)
7 Rest!!!

Go heavy on the weights if you arent already. Work up to sets of 3-5. Log your training.

More muscle mass = more calories burned in a resting state!

Diet? Check the information CT has. IMO there are a lot of diet plans that can work, it’s all about your body type, ability to stick with it, and at the end of the day calorie deficit is gonna get you results. You cant go wrong eating tons of vegetables and lean fish/meat. One method you may try is to carb cycle. High carbs on the 4 days you lift. Lower carb on days you dont. CT recommends high protein 6 days a week and 1 day of low protein. This gets you in a low amino state so that when you go high protein again your body responds more anabolically.

Supplement wise, CLA worked for me. It’s very hard to lose fat and gain muscle (rapidly) simultaneously but this product will help.
Get your omega 3’s too! Eat a lot of fish and check out fish oil supps. Among the many benefits it helps the body recover and kill inflammation so your not as sore the next day. CLA has anti-oxidant effects that help too.

There is no magic one size fits all formula, learn to self-regulate :slight_smile:
Read Christians forum. I’ve learned a ton from him in just the last 2 weeks. It’s mind bending haha

G/L

[quote]matt5566 wrote:
I just want to get defined, get a sick pack (I CAN ALMOST SEE IT) etc. You get the idea, I’m the right age to get my body into a good shape I just need some professional advice, I’m eating properly, but minimum, because my priority (for now) is to lose weight. (even though I know its easier to bulk up if I have fat on my body but I want to feel comfortable with my top off)[/quote]

How much fat are you losing per week?

If you’re not losing a couple of pounds per week, you are probably not eating “properly.”

Adding supplements is ill advised until you have your diet and exercise optimized for losing fat.

[quote]matt5566 wrote:
I’ve been slack with no exercise or much weights or anything because i got a fulltime job.
[/quote]

Excuses or results… your choice.

unless it’s much different than america, full time work is 8 hours a day. make it 9 with travel. you should be sleeping about 8 hours a day. what are you doing the other 7 hours?

IMHO, you need to put some muscle mass on your frame before you worry any more about dropping weight (fat)! Your body can only take so much dieting before your metabolism becomes very efficient–that is, it slows down. Spend some time REALLY working out and increasing your LBM and your metabolism will increase dramatically. This will make your next round of dieting that much more effective.

Eat clean and healthy, watch your macro-nutrient ratios (e.g., make sure to get enough quality protein, etc.), and get plently of sleep. You’re at an age where your testosterone levels should be sky high–take advantage of that! If you don’t know where to start, look at the nutrition articles by Dr.'s Lowery and Berardi.

Finally, look for a good training program here. My advice: DON’T get caught up in the full body (TBT) vs. split routine debate–it’s a huge waste of time. In my opinion, given your present state of development and training experience you’ll benefit most from a good full body routine 3 X week. Look at the articles by Chad Waterbury.

Try this out for 3 months and let us know how it’s going.

Hope that helps in some way,

Crowbar