Weight Loss Shakes

My first post after reading tons on this site. WOW…what a great discovery. You guys are the best at what you do. I’m really glad this site exists. =)Looking for any info…even good critisism

My current goals are weight loss and general health improvement for now. Not after muscles gains yet just muscle retention (of what little I have) until I get to a lower weight. I’m 6’0 237lbs (BMI-obese). Two months ago I was 254lbs, so I’m slowly winning my battle of the bulge.

My current diet is just cutting calories. No special program yet, just eliminating the garbage and having shakes (fast food, pop, restaurants that sort of stuff are gone) and daily bouts on my home bike. I do daily cardo for 1hour on my stationary bike at mid level resistance which makes me work like a pig.

My question is this. I haven’t seen (found yet) any recipes for good weightloss shakes. This is what I have been taking twice everyday as meal replacements. (I eat tons of veggies in between the shakes)

1 liter skim milk
1 scoop whey powder
1 scoop slim fast
1/2 tsp flax oil
1 large bananna
12 frozen strawberries
1 cup blueberries
2 tbs cod liver oil

I blend it all up

now it tastes great…I’m just not sure if it’s good enough for a meal replacement. I try and eat 4-5 times day as such.

Meal 1
1 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups special K
2-3 peices of fruit (whatever is around)

Meal 2
Shake

Meal 3
More fruit and veggies. Again 2-3 pieces or if veggies cups

Meal 4
Shake w/ no flax oil

Meal 5
Dinner- Usually skinless chicken breast, 2 serving of veggies (corn etc) and a small salad

Meal 6 (sometimes)
Same as meal 1…bowl of cereal before bed.

You think I am on the right road? or am I off in the bushes going in circles in the long run.

Hi there. If u are interested in some diet tips take a look at a thread in the Physique and Performance Photos forum called GRATEFUL. I posted some basic tips for getting lean and the T-mag articles that everybody should know by heart. Hope it helps.

[quote]Caveman wrote:
Hi there. If u are interested in some diet tips take a look at a thread in the Physique and Performance Photos forum called GRATEFUL. I posted some basic tips for getting lean and the T-mag articles that everybody should know by heart. Hope it helps.[/quote]

Read the post in the Pictures area…WOW!!! Holy crap…good work! Thanks for the info your provided the post.

I’m wondering at which stage should I go on the T-Dawg 2.0 diet. Seems like a good one from what I’ve read. Should I just forget my current diet and start it instead? I’m now sure if it was meant for really fat people like me or for just plain “fat” people… =)

Check out the next thread down from yours (right now anyway) in the Beginners forum called “Weight Loss”. The last two posts from John DeVito and Phill are especially good.

From what I understand, Slim Fast is a terrible product (loaded with sugar).

Read Dr. Berardi’s articles in the archives.

You’ve done some great work so far, now you can pick it up a notch! Good luck! -Jill