Weight Loss on TRT

How exactly are you gonna do that?

Normal 500-750 cal deficit while also on test I’d say there is zero worry, but at 2500 cal per day? You’re gonna lose everything, assuming you can stick to that.

The good news is muscle memory is real, so gaining it back should be easier than before

1 Like

real TRT makes you just slightly above normal, so how would a “normal” person fair on a strict cal deficit diet?

How many days of FCP you think he could handle at 3.5 hours per day and eating below recovery? I’d say 3-4 days before he says “fuck this”. Even then, his stamina will go down each day so his calorie burn per session will go down, i’m sure there’s a way to chart that. By the end he may need 5 hours of BBall a day just to keep it even

1 Like

Like 1-2 days really.

I was being facetious when I said this to make a point that I didn’t think OP was picking up lol

1 Like

Have you tried intermittent fasting and taking Yohimbine?

To lose 5lbs per week…? I mean, FASTING for like 2-3 weeks would work pretty well, but time restriction isn’t going to help with anything if OP doesn’t/didn’t generate a 17,500cal deficit per week.

IF is fine as a lifestyle to accomodate a diet, or just as a whole. But there’s nothing magical about it… you eat yourself into a surplus in your 4 hour eating window and you’ll still get fat.

1 Like

Ehhh, idk. Look, I can only speak for myself. But I would run in the morning and wait until my 4pm window to eat and then I legit would eat a half gallon of ice cream sometimes at like 9pm and I lost a ton of weight. I was the skinniest guy I knew during covid. But that’s me. If OP is on exogenous testosterone he’s doing it significantly different than I did.

Because you were still in a deficit… Try it again but eat 4 gallons of ice cream during your eating window. You and I can both guess what would happen there.

There is nothing magical about IF, it just helps diet adherence through lifestyle.

3 Likes

IF raises IGF, and insulin sensitivity, and yes I was absolutely in a deficit. But it’s a deficit you can handle because you are almost constantly in ketosis and therefore you have very little hunger

2 Likes

I would love for you to show me any actual data that supports this claim.

If it worked for you - great! But it isn’t magical. Data supports that IF dieters have better long-term results due to the lifestyle change they adopt during the diet. That is the ONLY thing that makes IF superior, is that it is a lifestyle change that can be upkept long-term with relatively little effort (compared to Keto, Paleo, Vegan, IIFYM, etc.).

3 Likes

I will have to look. I definitely read this in the past. I also definitely adopted a much healthier lifestyle. Indisputable is that my cholesterol and my triglycerides went from almost catatonic levels to some of the best my doctor had seen. This was in 2019 I believe. I’ll have to go find the bloodwork and will post if I can.

That is like having lots of workers with no building materials.

Only if you are eating very few carbs during your eating period. It takes most people a few days to get into ketosis if they eat very little carbs (~20 g/day). If you eat a good amount of carbs during your feeding, a period of 16-20 hours I wouldn’t think would get most people into ketosis. Maybe if they were doing a lot of cardio.

That’s what, 1000 calories? I’d lose weight too if that’s what I ate

1 Like

This has been seen by more than just you - Layne Norton speaks on it as well. This is a benefit relatively unique to IF, but is mostly unrelated to fatloss.

1 Like

Obviously. That was just dessert. I used to stuff my face in my eating window.