I thought I might lay out my diet/fitness plan and see if anyone had some helpful comments. I've read most of the articles on this site and I think I have a decent idea of what I should do. Of course, that doesn't mean I look that great.
- Six Pack - I realize this is somewhat un-pc on this site, but to be honest this is my primary goal.
- Compete in an amateur/white collar boxing bout.
- My job - junior corporate lawyer. Long hours, high stress.
- Social Life - I like to drink. I'm also single which requires going out to avoid abstinence. This doesn't help my training.
- My back - I have a jacked up back. Hurt it several times doing bjj and deadlifting. Really incapacitating injury. I've been to PT and I'm ready to start training hard again.
- I've replace BJJ with boxing due to my back. Trying to go to a boxing gym 2-3 times a week. My gym also has a heavy bag/speed bag, so on my lifting days I warm up with shadow boxing/bag work.
- I try and go to yoga 1-2 times week to help my back.
- I've replaced weightlifting with body weight exercises. I have an A and a B workout, which I alternate three times a week. Focused on lunges, dips, pull ups, pushups, handstand push ups. My plan is build back a strong base of bodyweight exercises before returning to weights.
- Diet: I'm following the V-diet lite. 1 HSM a day. Try to stick to whiskey when I drink.
- I was 185 in December, 173 right now. 5'10". Goal is 165, which is the weight I'd like to box at. But I'd also like to lose my remaining gut.
- Still suck at boxing, but improving.
Any thoughts, ideas or encouragement would be welcome.