T Nation

Weight-in on this Split

Monday- Back/Traps (18 sets back then 9 sets traps)

Tuesday- Abs/Calves/Neck/Forearms (9 sets of abs then 9 of calves followed by 6 sets of neck then 3 sets of forearms)

Wednesday- Chest/Triceps (18 sets of Chest then 9 of triceps)

Thursday- Repeat Tuesday

Friday- Shoulders/ Biceps (18 sets of shoulders then 9 of biceps)

Saturday-Rest

Sunday- Legs (Don’t count sets here)

Pretty good except for the two days for abs/calves/forearms. Heavy lifting on back/traps day will fry your forearms (try the snatch deadlift…not only does it kill ur forearms, you will not be able to get on/off the shitter the day after), as will reverse curls on bicep day.
work calves with legs, put in abs on another two days and take one more day off or just do sprints, sleds, etc. sprints help calves as well

good luck!

Its a good idea except for the fact that then I would really be working legs on back-to-back days…and I’m considering working abs into bewteen sets two or three days a week cause I’m too tired at the end of workouts to effectively work abs. And no offense…I’m a bodybuilder I DON’T sprint LOL

Don’t do calves with legs - i use pretty heavy weights when training calves and my legs are just wasted from their training, so i have problems holding the weight.

I also am a ‘‘bodybuilder’’ but i do sprint. I do intervals pushing my two ton van :slight_smile:

In my opinion its a strange split, i would put more focus on the big muscles group insted of the forearms,calves workout you drive twice a week.

And your worksets is quit high, 18 sets chest etc followd by 9 sets tri in on workout, think you would be better of lowering it. You want to recover from the workouts to.

A link i like when it comes to training program is this, http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/how_to_design_a_damn_good_program_part_1
Read it once, read it twice its good :slight_smile:

And according to that article and how you train know why not try a split like this:
Day 1: Chest/Back
Day 2: Recovery
Day 3: Biceps/Triceps
Day 4: Quads/Hamstrings
Day 5: Recovery
Day 6: Anterior and lateral delts/Rear delts
Day 7: Recovery

Or like I, each muchle group twice a week, throu a 2 split twice a week.
Good luck man :slight_smile:

[quote]Jbrew wrote:
Monday- Back/Traps (18 sets back then 9 sets traps)

Tuesday- Abs/Calves/Neck/Forearms (9 sets of abs then 9 of calves followed by 6 sets of neck then 3 sets of forearms)

Wednesday- Chest/Triceps (18 sets of Chest then 9 of triceps)

Thursday- Repeat Tuesday

Friday- Shoulders/ Biceps (18 sets of shoulders then 9 of biceps)

Saturday-Rest

Sunday- Legs (Don’t count sets here)[/quote]

So you train Sunday-Friday with Saturday off mate, or am I reading wrong?
If yes then do Deadlift on your Back/Traps day?

You seem to be stuck on 27 sets for each workout(except legs), why? Roughly how long do these workouts take?

I like the neglected muscle group days man, at least you’re giving them some decent time in the gym unlike alot of people I see train.
But you can just take a muscle group like neck and put it in on your back day, calves of your chest day, forearms with shoulders/bis and abs with legs.
You don’t have to do it exactly like that man but you get the gist, and now you’ve got a bit of room to toy with your split as you’ve freed up two training days.

What about taking the abs/neck/calves/forearms and doing three sets of each on days other than leg days? Or do you guys think that would be too much volume?

And to answer your question bams there usually bewteen 45 minutes to an hour and its hardly ever an hour.

[quote]Jbrew wrote:
What about taking the abs/neck/calves/forearms and doing three sets of each on days other than leg days? Or do you guys think that would be too much volume?
[/quote]

3 sets at the same (working) weight?
3 sets ramping up?
3 sets of how many reps?
3 sets with or without forced reps and other intensity stuff?
3 sets starting heavy and reducing weight on sub-sequent sets in order to stay in the rep-range?

Abs I don’t do anything weighted I like to keep my waist pretty streamline and that works for me. Calves I usually work them both uni and bilaterally ramping up each set. Neck I use ramping as well. Sorry about that I assumed you know what they say about that…thanx for your help thus far friend