Weight Held Back by Military

No offense brah, but you’re kind of fat. I’ve never been a sick abz guy, but you are not carrying enough muscle mass to warrant your body fat %. I would trim down and then reevaluate your plan of attack next time you bulk up.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I failed the weighin every single year. They taped me at the neck and kept moving. [/quote]
This is bullshit…
What neck?

[quote]overstand wrote:
No offense brah, but you’re kind of fat. I’ve never been a sick abz guy, but you are not carrying enough muscle mass to warrant your body fat %. I would trim down and then reevaluate your plan of attack next time you bulk up.[/quote]

I’m like 10-12 pounds lighter right now than that pic

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Well, @ 5’6" rinse and repeat until you’re a lean and strong 170lb SEAL.[/quote]
I am curious to know if you can even be a SEAL at 5’6"?

I remember reading an article about this guy awhile back. I even think the Air Force used him in a marketing campaign. So the moral is, just don’t be a fatty.

Name: Kenyatta Wilson
Occupation: United States Air Force 10 yrs. Network Administrator

David Henry is Air Force also.

On my base, there weren’t many guys bigger than maybe 220-230 but I trained with two that were Staff Sergeants who were hitting 250-260lbs+ shorter than me.

This is interesting… I would assume they tape a lot of necks using this chart.

Maximum Allowable Weight Chart, Navy

Height (inches) Maximum Allowable Weight

57 127
58 131
59 136
60 141
61 145
62 150
63 155
64 160
65 165
66 170
67 175
68 181
69 186
70 191
71 196
72 201
73 206
74 211
75 216
76 221
77 226
78 231
79 236
80 241

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Well, @ 5’6" rinse and repeat until you’re a lean and strong 170lb SEAL.[/quote]
I am curious to know if you can even be a SEAL at 5’6"?[/quote]

I’m gonna be an electrician not a seal

I have’nt made weight in almost 10 years…and I am not even that damn big.

My uncle was in the Air Force for 26 years and made it to Colonel. He got up to around 260 lbs at about 6’1", so he was a big dude. Mind you, this was back in the 70s and 80s. He told me that they would measure his bicep and put it into some formula like the other guys were talking about. He’s the guy who pretty much revolutionized PT for the Air Force. He’s the reason why there are gyms on Air Force bases. Professor X, you’re welcome haha.

CS

[quote]pete26 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

I’m gonna be an electrician not a seal [/quote]

Lol I think he was joking about you being a SEAL.

And like others have mentioned man, you shouldn’t be concerned with breaking your allowable weight max right now…you should drop the chubs, then try to stay a bit leaner than before while working up to (and over, if you decide to) that 170 lbs.

[quote]pete26 wrote:

Dare to dream buddy. You should apply to became a seal.

Infact dont bother applying for it, you WILL be a seal. Think positive.

tweet

[quote]pete26 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Great job if you dont plan on making th eNavy a career. Electricians never make promotion, but they get all the same schooling civilian electricians get, so pros and cons. What type of electrician? Gas Turbine Systems or General Electrician? Big difference.

Tha Navy’s BF% for males max is 22%, but in some cases you can get a waiver for 23%(rare). If you are over your weight limit(everyone is just about) then they take your waist circumference and subtract it from your neck and use that number to determine your BF%. Failing weigh-ins is no problem, failing the tape measurment is a problem.

[quote]SailorJerry wrote:

[quote]pete26 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Great job if you dont plan on making th eNavy a career. Electricians never make promotion, but they get all the same schooling civilian electricians get, so pros and cons. What type of electrician? Gas Turbine Systems or General Electrician? Big difference.

Tha Navy’s BF% for males max is 22%, but in some cases you can get a waiver for 23%(rare). If you are over your weight limit(everyone is just about) then they take your waist circumference and subtract it from your neck and use that number to determine your BF%. Failing weigh-ins is no problem, failing the tape measurment is a problem.[/quote]

I’m going to be a general electrician and don’t plan on makIng it a career and then work in a nuclear plant after

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]pete26 wrote:

Dare to dream buddy. You should apply to became a seal.

Infact dont bother applying for it, you WILL be a seal. Think positive.

tweet[/quote]

I have zero desire to be a seal