Weight Gainers

I’ve scrolled through the forum, but can’t really find this anywhere.
I just want to add a sup to help up the cals with some good stuff. I was looking at ON’s Pro Complex Gainer. I like ON’s stuff, but looking at ‘Serious Mass’ it’s goot too many cals and sugars for me, but Pro Complex looks more what I’m looking for.

Does anyone have experiance of this product or can advise a tried and tested one (rather than home made whey, oats and milk)

Thanks guys!

Get a good quality protein powder and add your own calorically dense ingredients like peanut butter, olive oil, oatmeal, etc…

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Get a good quality protein powder and add your own calorically dense ingredients like peanut butter, olive oil, oatmeal, etc…[/quote]

Second that. Energy dense liquid is the wrong to get calories IMHO unless your handle is Friedrice683

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
Get a good quality protein powder and add your own calorically dense ingredients like peanut butter, olive oil, oatmeal, etc…

Second that. Energy dense liquid is the wrong to get calories IMHO unless your handle is Friedrice683[/quote]

Recently I have decided to start trying to gain weight as I am not making the progress that I want for muscle gains. Because I have been trying to cut back what I eat,and how much i eat over the past 6 months I have a really hard time chowing down alot of food. So i get some extra kcal’s from protein drinks.

My typical protein drink I bring to school is this.

Approx 1 1/2 Cups 1% Milk
2 Tbsp 100% Natural Peanut Butter
1 Banana
2 Scoops ON Whey Protein Powder

While I at school I dont drink it all at once as it is to much protein for the body to absorb all at once. So, I drink it in thirds throughout the day.

That drink is approx 550 kcal’s.

Dont worry about the sugar that is in the fruit. Its fructose, and its not going to make you fat. (Opinion based)
Cyah

I’ve used pro-complex before and I like it a lot. But like others have said, it’s not the most cost effective.

Right now my big calorie/PWO shake looks like this.

1.5 cup of FF choc. milk
1 banana
5 ice cubes
2 tbsp nat. pb
shot of honey
1 cup FF cottage cheese
5g creatine
1 serving protein pow. (4 scoops, 600 cals)

Turns out to be an approximate 1200 calories Lol

I’m guessing I’ll get flamed for this one but I like cytogain to add those extra kals.

That being said I drink it 2x per day and then Metabolic Drive at night and a Metabolic Drive bar during the day for the slower release proteins.

Cytogain is pretty cheap, good tasting, and doesn’t have the killer stuff found in muscle milk.

I’ve given it much praise before but MHP’s UP YOUR MASS is some of the best both nutritionally and financially.

Why don’t you use Metabolic Drive Complete mixed with milk? I don’t think you’ll find an MRP or weight gainer with higher quality ingredients.

If you want additional calories, you can always add natural peanut butter, olive oil, or just about anything else.