T Nation

Weight Gainers

It’s 10pm, I have to get up at 6 tomorrow, and I’m trying to down a few thousand calories in the shortest amount of time instead of getting more sleep.

I’ve recently started caddying, meaning that I’m spending about 6 hours a day running around in the sun with a heavy bag - more calories burned and no time to eat.
I get home, down a meal and shake as fast as possible, and get to the gym.

Long story short, I’m burning more calories and having trouble getting in as much food. I’m considering a weight gainer. What do you guys think of these? What else could I do? I’m going to carry Almonds and eat those while I caddy, but that’s not enough.
Thanks

I know a lot of people hate on weight gainers around here but they are ideal in your type of situations. Just look for a gainer that has the highest quality protein and carbs (nothing too high in sugar). I used to do it all the time when I had to work construction.

Do they sell any weight gainers that are low-carb? Does Biotest sell any? At what time of the day should I take it?

[quote]Artem wrote:
Do they sell any weight gainers that are low-carb? [/quote]
I don’t think so. Most weight gainers are loaded with carbs to get in the calories

[quote]
Does Biotest sell any?[/quote]
No. Closest thing to a weight gainer would be Metabolic Drive Complete.

[quote]
At what time of the day should I take it?[/quote]
At night…

Can you take a drink onto the course? If so, pack a shake or two with you and drink them while you caddy.

EDIT- I’ve heard good things about cytogainer.

[quote]Bloobird wrote:
Can you take a drink onto the course? If so, pack a shake or two with you and drink them while you caddy.[/quote]

Good point. That’s what I’d do…

im currently useing a mass gainer cnp professional and i cant actuly see past it at the moment for putting on size.
still need to do cv tho

394kcal
35g protien
53g carbs
4.7g fat
1.7g sat
1.3 mct
4g fibre
0.03 sodium

These products have been discussed many times on this forum. Just do a search.

For what it’s worth, I say go with Metabolic Drive Complete for quality calories.

You can always add more calories by using milk and adding oil, cream, peanut butter, and/or fruit.