Weight Gain on TRT Getting a Little Concerning

I do have some anastrozole, .125mg capsules. I can’t count a single time I’ve felt better taking it though.

I read this article and it really made me wonder if some of the weight gain would go away if I dropped my dose some - and if an AI wouldn’t touch the issue.

Guess there’s only one way to find out…and then hopefully I’ll be able to stick to a dose for a little longer.

Isn’t this a kitchen issue and not a T issue?

Find your TDEE and don’t exceed it.

1 Like

Unless my BMR suddenly tanked within the same month I started TRT, I doubt it’s a kitchen issue (I like that term though, lol).

Here’s a basic breakdown of what I eat most days:

Breakfast - smoothie with cup of Cheerios, kale, broccoli, peanut butter, 2 scoops protein, 1 egg, creatine, oat milk, banana

Lunch - leftovers from last night’s dinner

Gym days - shake with 2 scoops protein and oat milk

Dinner - carb (either instant rice mixes, tortilla, thin crust pizza dough, or whole grain pasta), protein (beef or chicken, roughly 1lb total), frozen veggies mixed in, couple tbsp of olive oil in the pan/pot

Sometimes if I’m not home, I’ll grab a slice of pizza or some rice/veggie/meat from a hot bar.

I used to try to cram 5 meals a day in like this, and it was working. I never reached 160lbs even when I was average 5k calories a day though. Until I started TRT.

What you eat does not matter near as much as how much you eat…You can easily be going over your daily calories with “Healthy” foods…

Do you know your Total Daily Energy Expenditure?

If so, eat 80% of that total with at least 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight to lose fat.

1 Like

I know what you’re saying…I used to weigh and track all my foods, but I haven’t in a long time, so didn’t want to estimate serving sizes. And yea, I know you can still overeat healthy foods too. Trust me when I say I know more about nutrition than the average person (and average people by now surely know if they eat 5 McDonald’s salads every day, it can make them fat).

I’m willing to bet money that I’m not eating some crazy amount of calories, I just don’t really have the time to start logging it all again. I’m not going to buy another food scale just to try to prove a point - only if I decide to start logging meals again.

Another thing that’s changes since I started TRT - my weight used to be so hard to keep up, that if I stayed at a girl’s place on a weekend and didn’t continue my massive feeding habits, my weight would drop a couple of pounds. That’s even with drinking water. Literally, it took me forcing myself to keep ordering high calorie delivery food to my ex’s apartment on the weekends for me to break 145lbs. 1-2 days at 1k-2k calories a day each would knock my weight down that fast. If anyone doesn’t believe this is possible, I’ll dig the logs up (synched with my scale) and prove it.

Its simply natures intent to bulk you up. You dont look like someone who should be worried.

Quick update, Im outgrowing pants too, at the thighs. Test is making me thicker, and Im cool with that. Ive always had weak legs. Filling out a pair of jeans is muscle gainz for me

Possibly… and only saying, possibly, testosterone is suppressing the hypothalamus, negatively impacting the thyroid. Dr. Romeo Mariano posted a long list of reasons on definitivemind.com why TRT , in some men, causes significant weight gain, and his top reasons relate to TRT interring with thyroid function. That’s me. Even scrotal topical is causing my weight to increase. Or, for me, there could be cellular thyroid resistance. Maybe none of this applies to you but if it’s around your waist, something to consider and address.