Weight Class

Hi
I am planning on entering this: Home and am wondering if I should keep my weight down for 82.5kg or forget it as it’s my first meet and enter 90kg - I am currently 82kg in the morning at 15 and 6ft (so obviously plenty of room for weight gain). Lifts: S 185kg(belt+wraps) B 115kg D 170kg.

Any advice?

Don’t worry about weight classes for your first meet. Just show up and lift. It’s going to be a massive learning experience as it is, you don’t want to worry about weight cuttting on top of that. Have fun!

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Don’t worry about weight classes for your first meet. Just show up and lift. It’s going to be a massive learning experience as it is, you don’t want to worry about weight cuttting on top of that. Have fun![/quote]
Thanks.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Don’t worry about weight classes for your first meet. Just show up and lift. It’s going to be a massive learning experience as it is, you don’t want to worry about weight cuttting on top of that. Have fun![/quote]

+1. What you should focus on is the calls you will be needing to adhere to on the platform. I had 3 first time lifters with me this past Saturday doing a bench press meet, and all three missed at least one lift due to them lifting as if they were in the gym. Beating the down, press, or rack command will negate a good lift all day. Have fun and get pics or vids for us. Crush it!