Weight and Cardio Combination

My question is pretty simple, i am curious when it is better to do cardio. Either after my weight routine in the evening, maybe a 20 minute cardio session after weights. Or morning cardio and evening weight lifting? Any advice please. Ultimatley trying to lower body fat.

Your best bet is after weight training your glycogen stores will be depleted so you will be burining fat as your main source of fuel! However some people sware by fasted moring cardio! This means doing it as soon as you wake up on an epty stomach both will work! But you will preserve more muscle I would immagine if you do it right after wheight training! Hope that helps!

Good point, thanx man. It’s hard to wrap my head around because i know you have to gain weight to gain muscle, so 3600 calories, but at the same time to lose fat is to lose weight. So not so sure that this will be the right approach. I just had a body composition test and im in at 20% body fat which is discouraging for the amount of weight lifting and nutrition that i am commited to.

[quote]thrash wrote:
Good point, thanx man. It’s hard to wrap my head around because i know you have to gain weight to gain muscle, so 3600 calories, but at the same time to lose fat is to lose weight. So not so sure that this will be the right approach. I just had a body composition test and im in at 20% body fat which is discouraging for the amount of weight lifting and nutrition that i am commited to.[/quote]

Impossible to measure somebody’s bodyfat on the net but if it means anythign you don’t look 20%.

Thats ok tho man! With every day of clean eating and hard training thats 1 day closer to your ideal physique!

If your doing cardio after weights do it right after training. I’d recommend getting some bcaa’s inbetween weights/cardio to try and save some muscle.

If you wake get a protein shake and/or bcaa and hit the cardio. Lift weights 8-12 hrs later in the day if you do this.

The only thing I advise against is to lift immediately after cardio. You will have a horrid workout.

Gerdy

Whoa what’s bcaa again ?

wrong turn? lol

Branched Chain Amino Acids. They are 3 amino acids that are seen to be the most important in protein synthesis and energy production too.

Leucine, Iso-Leucine and Valine.

Joe