Wei Rui PowerMax

Anyone have or seen these new shoes? I’m trying to buy my first pair and looking to be economical. Anyone have any opinion on this manufacturer or alternate recommendations?

I only weigh about 170 squat near 400, deadlift high 400’s. I intend to use them exclusively for squats and Olympic lifts (I’m a total newbie with oly lifts).

Really appreciate anyone’s thoughts.

I do not know about those specifically. But OLY shoes will last a REALLLLLY long time. they are a worthwhile investment. I have Adidas, but haven’t seen many brands that are really bad. EBay isn’t a bad place to look either.

[quote]slonestrength wrote:
I do not know about those specifically. But OLY shoes will last a REALLLLLY long time. they are a worthwhile investment. I have Adidas, but haven’t seen many brands that are really bad. EBay isn’t a bad place to look either.[/quote]

I just want to expand on this, GOOD quality shoes will last a long time. There are some shoes out there that are not of good quality.

As to the Wei Rui, I don’t know much about them. I’ve never tried them. I like the Do-wins (Pendlay), Adidas and Nike’s!! However, the lowest priced of these are the Adidas Power Perfect II’s (not to be confused with the Powerlift Trainers) and the Pendlay Dowins. Both of those go for about $120 or so. But, they are very good shoes and should last you a few years.

I have a pair of Wei Rui Challengers. They’re a good shoe but not produced anymore. They’ve been replaced by a similar model but I don’t recall the name.

All of my training until just recently was done outside in all kinds of weather, and I think that might have degraded the material slightly because there is a small separation of the sole at the toe of the right shoe only. I would also try catching small plates with my foot as I dropped them (like you would catch a soccer ball) so they didn’t chip the cement patio, so a few bad bounces might have contributed to the separation.

Also, there is a small crack in the leather, several millimeters long, on the inside of both shoes where they bend when I’m on my toes. Again, I attribute that primarily to training outside in all elements, and to common everyday usage. All in all a good shoe though. Size was right on.

I have a pair of wei-rui’s, not the powermaxes, they’ve lasted me almost two years with no problems save a small tear near the big toe on one shoe, I patched it with glue and ducktap tho. I’ll probably end up splurging down the road and getting the adipowers when they release the white/black model this summer…but the wei rui’s have been really good for what I paid for them. If I don’t go for the adipowers and decide to stay on the cheaper side again it’ll be between the Wei Rui Powermax’s & VX3 Fury’s.