T Nation

Weekly Progress on 5/3/1?


#1

I just want to make sure I have this right. Lets say my max is 385 for squat. Do I add 10 lbs to the max each week and calculate from my cycle from there? Or do I add 10 lbs to each of the sets that week?


#2

[quote]bosoxschillfan38 wrote:
I just want to make sure I have this right. Lets say my max is 385 for squat. Do I add 10 lbs to the max each week and calculate from my cycle from there? Or do I add 10 lbs to each of the sets that week?[/quote]

You buy the book and then read it.


#4

You might be a troll, but I going to give you the benefit of the doubt, so here goes:

week1:
on main lifts:
warmups:
40% x 5
50% x 5
60% x 3

work sets:
65% x 5
75% x 5
85% x 5+

week2:
warmups: same as week1.

work sets:
70% x 3
80% x 3
90% x 3+

week3:
warmups: same as week 1 and 2.

work sets:
75% x 5
85% x 3
95% x 1+

week4: deload.
40% x 5
50% x 5
60% x 5

" the training weights are calculated off of 90% of your 1rm or estimated 1rm. This is wery important.

Good luck with 5,3,1, btw I am also starting it next week and are using this week to establish my trainingmax.


#5

crap guys i wrote this wrong. let me make more sense this time. This is what I meant to say:

Lets say my max for squat is 385. After I finish the first cycle, do I add 10 pounds to the max for the next cycle and calculate the weights from there?


#6

[quote]bosoxschillfan38 wrote:
crap guys i wrote this wrong. let me make more sense this time. This is what I meant to say:

Lets say my max for squat is 385. After I finish the first cycle, do I add 10 pounds to the max for the next cycle and calculate the weights from there?[/quote]

Yes thats correct, Add 5-10pounds on the squat and dead max each cycle and 5pounds on the
mp and bp max each cycle.

ps. Getting the book would not hurt either.


#7

is the book the same as the manual? i found a downloadable manual of it and read the whole thing, not a boring read either!


#8

why not just give the whole book away florellius?


#9

The info I provided the OP is to be found in articles at this site.


#10

[quote]bosoxschillfan38 wrote:
is the book the same as the manual? i found a downloadable manual of it and read the whole thing, not a boring read either![/quote]

That should be the ebook, which yes is the same thing. Unless it was a bootleg version or something


#11

[quote]bosoxschillfan38 wrote:
is the book the same as the manual? i found a downloadable manual of it and read the whole thing, not a boring read either![/quote]

If it is, you stole it.


#12

Brah forget the 5/3 -crazy complicated. Do this workout instead, you won’t even have to learn how to read…


#13

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Brah forget the 5/3 -crazy complicated. Do this workout instead, you won’t even have to learn how to read…

My eyes…I am blind forever after watching that LMAO