T Nation

Weekly Progress on 5/3/1?

I just want to make sure I have this right. Lets say my max is 385 for squat. Do I add 10 lbs to the max each week and calculate from my cycle from there? Or do I add 10 lbs to each of the sets that week?

[quote]bosoxschillfan38 wrote:
I just want to make sure I have this right. Lets say my max is 385 for squat. Do I add 10 lbs to the max each week and calculate from my cycle from there? Or do I add 10 lbs to each of the sets that week?[/quote]

You buy the book and then read it.

You might be a troll, but I going to give you the benefit of the doubt, so here goes:

week1:
on main lifts:
warmups:
40% x 5
50% x 5
60% x 3

work sets:
65% x 5
75% x 5
85% x 5+

week2:
warmups: same as week1.

work sets:
70% x 3
80% x 3
90% x 3+

week3:
warmups: same as week 1 and 2.

work sets:
75% x 5
85% x 3
95% x 1+

week4: deload.
40% x 5
50% x 5
60% x 5

" the training weights are calculated off of 90% of your 1rm or estimated 1rm. This is wery important.

Good luck with 5,3,1, btw I am also starting it next week and are using this week to establish my trainingmax.

crap guys i wrote this wrong. let me make more sense this time. This is what I meant to say:

Lets say my max for squat is 385. After I finish the first cycle, do I add 10 pounds to the max for the next cycle and calculate the weights from there?

crap guys i wrote this wrong. let me make more sense this time. This is what I meant to say:

Lets say my max for squat is 385. After I finish the first cycle, do I add 10 pounds to the max for the next cycle and calculate the weights from there?[/quote]

Yes thats correct, Add 5-10pounds on the squat and dead max each cycle and 5pounds on the
mp and bp max each cycle.

ps. Getting the book would not hurt either.

is the book the same as the manual? i found a downloadable manual of it and read the whole thing, not a boring read either!

why not just give the whole book away florellius?

The info I provided the OP is to be found in articles at this site.

is the book the same as the manual? i found a downloadable manual of it and read the whole thing, not a boring read either![/quote]

That should be the ebook, which yes is the same thing. Unless it was a bootleg version or something

is the book the same as the manual? i found a downloadable manual of it and read the whole thing, not a boring read either![/quote]

If it is, you stole it.

Brah forget the 5/3 -crazy complicated. Do this workout instead, you won’t even have to learn how to read…

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Brah forget the 5/3 -crazy complicated. Do this workout instead, you won’t even have to learn how to read…

My eyes…I am blind forever after watching that LMAO