T Nation

Weekly Food Critique

I stole this from another member from this site and no one critiqued it or put their opinions in on it but I like it alot and am going to start following it. Here ya go
(Monday to Friday )

Meal 1
5 eggs plus 40 almonds
Calories: 785
Protein:43g
Fat:60g
Carbs:16g

Meal 2
Chicken breast/broccoli/2 table spoon of olive oil
Calories:405
Protein:26
Fat:28g

Meal 3
Pork Chop/half a cup of walnuts
Calories: 504
Protein: 32g
Fat:40g

Meal 4 (1 scoop of whey isolate)
Calories: 130
Protein: 30g

Meal 5
6 ounces top sirloin/asparagus/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Calories :704
Protein 45g
Fat: 54g

Meal 6
Salmon with broccoli 1 table spoon of olive oil
Calories: 378
Protein 36g
Fat 25.5
Total:
Calories: 2675
Protein: 205g Calories from protein (848)
Fat: 203.50g Calories from fat (1827)
Less than 50 grams of carbohydrates

Saturday Fat Load
Meal 1
10 eggs plus 80 almonds
Calories: 1570
Protein:86g
Fat:120g
Carbs:32g

Meal 2
Chicken breast 2/broccoli/2 table spoon of olive oil/40 almonds
Calories:824
Protein:56
Fat:52g
Carbs: 16g

Meal 3
Pork Chop/ a cup of walnuts
Calories: 831
Protein: 40g
Fat:72g

Meal 4 (1 scoop of whey isolate)
Calories: 130

Meal 5
6 ounces top sirloin/asparagus/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Calories :704
Protein 45g
Fat: 54g

Meal 6
2 Salmon with broccoli 2 table spoon of olive oil
Calories: 756
Protein 72g
Fat 47
Total:
Calories: 4421
Protein: 329g Calories from protein (1316)
Fat: 345 Calories from fat (3105)
Less than 50 grams of carbohydrates

Sunday (Carb load day)
Meal 1
1/2 egg white with 1 full egg plus 2 cup of oatmeal
Calories: 769
Protein:30g
Fat:5.3g
Carbs:128g

Meal 2
Chicken breast/broccoli/2 cups of brown rice
Calories:579
Protein:26
carbs: 91g

Meal 3
Pork Chop with 2 cups of quinoa
Calories: 621
Protein: 41g
Carbs:78.8
Fat: 7

Meal 4 (1 scoop of whey isolate) 1 cup of oatmeal
Calories: 425
Carbs:64g

Meal 5
6 ounces top sirloin/asparagus/2 cups of brown rice
Calories :874
Protein 45g
Carbs: 91g
Fat: 26

Meal 6
Salmon with broccoli
Calories: 258
Protein 36g
Fat 11.5

Total:
Calories: 3090
Protein: 208g Calories from protein (832)
Fat: 50g Calories from fat (450)
Carbs: 452g (1808)

cool story bro?

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
cool story bro?[/quote]
Just asking for respected opinions, but I’m sorry. I’ll be sure to check with you next time before I post.

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
cool story bro?[/quote]
Just asking for respected opinions, but I’m sorry. I’ll be sure to check with you next time before I post.[/quote]

Lol, your OP didn’t ask anything though! I was just pointing that out. What kind of feedback are you looking for?

Looks like a cyclical ketogenic diet. What is the question?

What do you both think of this particular diet for someone who has never “cut” before and if any, what changes would you potentially make? Appreciate it

Are you making progress? That’s the most important question and only you know that.

The diet itself looks fine. Maybe a bit high on calories unless you are huge motherfucker and putting up huge weights., or just very active. Remember, just because your cycling carbs and what not does not mean you can magically consume a lot more calories.

Looks too complicated if you’re just starting to cut. Post up some pics.

I think carb cycling would be much simpler. If you really like keto-ish diets i would add more cheat food on your carb day for sanity.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
I think carb cycling would be much simpler. If you really like keto-ish diets i would add more cheat food on your carb day for sanity.[/quote]

Not really. You know guys, you can eat the same macros everyday and lose fat! Why everyone wants to go overly complicated to start things off is beyond me. In the words of Bane, “THAT COMES LATER!..(when you stall).” I’ve worked with Shelby for awhile now and words like “carb cycling,” “cheat meals,” etc. didn’t even enter the conversation until I was around 10% bodyfat.

PIcs coming

Don’t flame my pics, I had no one to take them for me

How do you insert pics off of a phone

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
I think carb cycling would be much simpler. If you really like keto-ish diets i would add more cheat food on your carb day for sanity.[/quote]

Not really. You know guys, you can eat the same macros everyday and lose fat! Why everyone wants to go overly complicated to start things off is beyond me. In the words of Bane, “THAT COMES LATER!..(when you stall).” I’ve worked with Shelby for awhile now and words like “carb cycling,” “cheat meals,” etc. didn’t even enter the conversation until I was around 10% bodyfat. [/quote]

What kind of macro breakdown did you use if you don’t mind me asking.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]jtownlax wrote:

Not really. You know guys, you can eat the same macros everyday and lose fat! Why everyone wants to go overly complicated to start things off is beyond me. In the words of Bane, “THAT COMES LATER!..(when you stall).” I’ve worked with Shelby for awhile now and words like “carb cycling,” “cheat meals,” etc. didn’t even enter the conversation until I was around 10% bodyfat. [/quote]

What kind of macro breakdown did you use if you don’t mind me asking. [/quote]

Pretty sure I started at 250/150/75, but it’s gonna vary person to person. My metabolism is slower than average.

Work out your rough BMR (bodyweight in lbs x 15 i.e. 200 x 15 = 3000). Eat 300 calories less than this. Make sure your’e getting a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Fill in the rest with what ever sources of carbs and fats you want to eat. Try and keep these as clean as possible with foods such as potatoes, rice, coconut oil, EVOO etc but dont worry if they occasionally come from less clean sources. If you haven’t lost weight after a month drop your calories again. No need to complicate things any further than this to start with.

That is a good diet. But if this is your first cutting experience, you should use set macros to see how your body responds and keep track of your results. You don’t want to have to go back to this kind of diet everytime you need to lose fat. Start by figuring your bmr, eat that amount of calories with 40/30/30 ratio, see how your body responds, adjust accordingly.

If you need help adjusting when you get to that point, I would be happy to help.

[quote]d-rog wrote:
If you need help adjusting when you get to that point, I would be happy to help. [/quote]
Appreciate it

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]jtownlax wrote:

What weight/bodyfat level did you start at?