T Nation

Weekend Sleep Problems-Advice Needed

Here's the deal, during the week I find that I am able to get a full 8 hours of sleep with very little trouble. This usually entails going to sleep at around 11:30 and waking at 7:30 or so. I'm currently in college and during the weekends I like to go out and check out the social scene.

During the past few months, I have almost cut drinking out completely, I'll have maybe a beer at most one night a week, usually just a couple of sips to starve off thirst at a party. However, every weekend, I run into the same problem-I get in late, 3:30 or 4:00ish and am usually unable to go to sleep for several hours and find it impossible to wake up later than 10:30 or so.

I have tried ZMA and melatonin and none seem to make any difference. I feel that it is simply from breaking my routine that effects the sleep in this way. Normally at night, the last few hours I am awake, I unwind by watching TV or the like, wheareas on weekends its in late and then off to bed. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get a full nights rest when I break my standard routine?

its hard i'll be really honest, i just woke up here at 11:20 and i went to bed at like 6. not healthy for our goals, thats for sure. i suggest a nap saturday afternoon and then bed early on sunday to make up for it