Weekend Project: Log Press, Farmer's Handles

im training for a strongman comp in october so this past weekend i went out and built a metal log press and some farmers walks.

makes you feel really good.

didnt take any picture how they were built but i just took 4ft 2" pipe and welded 1 inch handles on there.

didnt take many pictures but these were easy to build jst 2 in pipe with 1in handles

Is that log 8" or 10" diameter?

Nice work on fabricating the equipment.

Nice man that log is damn long.

[quote]Kalle wrote:
Nice man that log is damn long. [/quote]

x2

top fabricating effort there! how much does it weigh on it’s own?

its 8" and i just glanced over some online plans and thought i read 7 feet long but after finishing i went back and saw that it said 5 ft. but it weighs 150lbs. the comp and weight class im entering is 240lb log. which i cant even do yet, but i got over 4 months to get ready.

nice work, where is the comp your doing and what all events are you going to be doing?

[quote]Genetics21 wrote:
nice work, where is the comp your doing and what all events are you going to be doing?[/quote]

its in Temple Texas, Theres stones for reps, farmers walks, log press for reps, deadlift for reps and a medley that consists of 1 arm dumbell, sled drag and axel press

[quote]rompmaster wrote:

[quote]Genetics21 wrote:
nice work, where is the comp your doing and what all events are you going to be doing?[/quote]

its in Temple Texas, Theres stones for reps, farmers walks, log press for reps, deadlift for reps and a medley that consists of 1 arm dumbell, sled drag and axel press[/quote]

I live around the temple area. you said you have 4 month till the event, what are your work outs like?

I live up by ftw…would be interested in a contest that far out…where is some info for it…thx

http://www.centraltexasshowdown.com/

these arent on the website but its the specifics of the strongman stuff

EVENTS
LOG PRESS: Timed event for reps (1 minute)
Women 145 lbs
Teen/Master 180 lbs
LW 225 lbs
MW 240 lbs
HW 260 lbs
SHW 280 lbs

STONE OVER BAR: Timed event for reps (1 minute)
Women 96 lbs
Teen/Masters 205 lbs
LW 232 lbs
MW 265 lbs
HW 280 lbs
SHW 300 lbs

FARMER�¢�?�?S WALK: 50 ft with a turn (fastest time with 3 drop minimum)
Women 140 lbs
Teen/Masters 185 lbs
LW 225 lbs
MW 250 lbs
HW 260 lbs
SHW 300 lbs

DEADLIFT: Timed event for reps (1 minute)
Women 225 lbs
Teen/Masters 365 lbs
LW 385 lbs
MW 405 lbs
HW 500 lbs
SHW 600 lbs

MEDLEY
sled 50ft 1arm db press axel press
Women 200 lbs 50 lbs 145 lbs
Tn/Mstrs 315 lbs 80 lbs 200 lbs
LW 350 lbs 100 lbs 225 lbs
MW 405 lbs 110 lbs 240 lbs
HW 500 lbs 130 lbs 250 lbs
SHW 600 lbs 150 lbs 300 lbs

[quote]Genetics21 wrote:

[quote]rompmaster wrote:

[quote]Genetics21 wrote:

its in Temple Texas, Theres stones for reps, farmers walks, log press for reps, deadlift for reps and a medley that consists of 1 arm dumbell, sled drag and axel press[/quote]

I live around the temple area. you said you have 4 month till the event, what are your work outs like?[/quote]

basically still powerlifting substituting over head press for bench press and lots grip work. a couple days a week i do a second workout with my equipment try work on specific strongman events. im still trying to get my lift numbers up . in a couple months ill concentrate alot more on learning event specific technique.