T Nation

Week Off From the Gym?

I’ve been doing the intermediate program from Ian King’s Book of Muscle for awhile now and I love it, I’ve made some significant gains in size and strength and I’m about 3 weeks away from heading into heavy lifting stage.

He suggests to take a week off now before heading into the next 3 week workout.

I’m wondering for a person who’s already in good shape, eats right, and gets plenty of rest do I really need to take that week off? If I just skip it and keep lifting is it really going to make much a difference in the long run.

I’ve read his reasons on why It’s important to take a week off to rest and I agree with everything his says…

I just love working out and If I even miss one day at the gym I feel like I’m going to rot away haha.

if you don’t feel like you need to take time off then don’t.

i’ve only taken time off when injured or a few days before a powerlifting meet. or vacation.

You can always take the week off after the heavy and final phase. You might need it then.

Like that one thread in T-Cell, you might be surprised how much you needed that week off after you are done with it.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
Like that one thread in T-Cell, you might be surprised how much you needed that week off after you are done with it.

[/quote]

Yep I read into it a bit more and decided to take it off.
After ta;king to the guy that I lift with. His shoulder been bugging him for the past couple of weeks, so he’s all for a break.

I’ll just make sure I go out mountain biking a bit more to avoid sitting around at home with my sick family.

If there’s one thing I don’t need right now it’s a goddamn cold.

I guess I just enjoy my week of biking and rest then hit the weights hard next Monday!

It’s killing me already I really wanna lift D:

Better to take a week off now, than be FORCED to take a week off due to being burned out.

Don’t take the week off and sit on your butt eating chips and drinking beer. Take the week off from your training but stay active. Play tennis, ride a bike, swim, beach volleyball, hike. Get the idea???

Don’t be surprised if you come back stronger than where you left off. Your body needs time to grow, adapt and get stronger.

TNT