Week 4 Huge in a Hurry

i’ve always been active with general fitness. eg. wrestling, cycling, swimming, weights, did a 3:15 marathon in '89 and some (very) amateur powerlifting that my local club put together around the same time.

but i did get pretty lazy a few years ago. walking seemed good enough. it was mental so i broke that and have been thru some rippetoe and then rosstraining. got injured with both so that was a set back.

i’ve seen a great PT and i am cleared to go. muscle balance has been my thing leading up “Huge in a Hurry” catching my eye. bought the book for a friend but found it addicting =)

coming up on 46yo and just finished week4 of Huge in a Hurry. And following the protein advice plus supps for max recovery as i was recently inspired by the statement that you can’t over-train but you can under-recover. ross would say, your brain will quit before your body does!

so CWs program seems really balanced and i won’t get stuck just wandering around in the gym looking for hard things to do. not sure about my body.

function>form of course so i want to achieve intermediate strength on the ExRx charts:
@ 175-180lb presently (i ordered calipers so will do BF% this week)

1. POWER CLEAN 194LB - never done these but tossing the 135LB for a fun warm up was easy - maybe i can get to advanced 264LB?

2. i’ve already got the DEADLIFT so going for advanced: 438LB

3. SQUAT 269LB will be easy (did 285 for work after a couple months of Ripp) but 367 seems out of reach

4. BENCH advanced 275LB

5. i can see advanced on the the PRESS too 164LB

i would like to look better so thinking about the next state rather than strictly going left to right in CW’s HIH: Huge, Strong, Lean.

not horrible. not great. looking forward to how i can advance with this HIH program and a near perfect diet.

you look pretty damm good for 46, not many are in your shape wtih visible nonskinny man abs, keep it up interested in your results

fuck yeah man!

Looking very solid. Nice work!

How’s the muscle gain going? I’m about to hit 40 myself, it’s not easy for me.

[quote]Stiltz wrote:
Looking very solid. Nice work!

How’s the muscle gain going? I’m about to hit 40 myself, it’s not easy for me.[/quote]

my coworker today asked me, so why you working out. i don’t know. i used to be crazy for it (mostly fitness and sport) but then grew up and for a while thought that 10K’s and gym where for kids.

now it is like being a scientist. i am so much smarter. thanks to places like these forums and trainers like CW and Poliquin who put out books and articles. And pubmed too. i have NEVER had such a perfect diet.

diet and following a solid program like CW’s has me very excited. like sculpting clay, as an experiment :smiley:

i did my bodyfat and 7-8% so i have abandoned all hope for returning to college freshman weight of 165. what the hell, i am never going to be MMA killer or anything. for now i will just sculp and follow CW so i don’t get injured while achieving max possible.

this is a tough forum so i will wait for improvement before i dare another pic. i think by may or so i will be much better?? doing the volume and HIIT currently and it’s great.

now it is like being a scientist. i am so much smarter. thanks to places like these forums and trainers like CW and Poliquin who put out books and articles. And pubmed too. i have NEVER had such a perfect diet.

This is an awesome attitude to have. So many here neglect the mental aspect of bodybuilding. I have no doubt this hunger to learn more about the subject has enabled you to attain such a great physique at 46 years old.

[quote]thruxton45 wrote:
now it is like being a scientist. i am so much smarter. thanks to places like these forums and trainers like CW and Poliquin who put out books and articles. [/quote]

Great observation. I have also started framing goals in years rather than months. “How micro changes effect the macro system.”

You look like you are in a good place. If you like HIH check out Muscle Revolution. I like the writing and it goes back to CW’s older philosophy of adding weight. I think HIH has too much focus on speed.

Looking Strong - keep moving up the stack.

Looking solid. I have a very similar build to you at 33, maybe about 10 lbs heavier.

Never would have guessed the age from the physiue pics. Very impressive bro. It’s not a race but a marathon.

S