Week 3 on TRT and Already Time to Tweak the Protocol

Update:

The past 8 days have been much better. And it has only been 8 days (3 times administering meds) since I modified my dose from 210mg to 105mg and split my dose of anastrazole. I feel tired, foggy, and unmotivated today, but maybe that’s just because I didn’t sleep that well last night.

Lab work from 12/22 finally came in. I got this lab work done 3 days after my 210mg dose of T and 1mg anastrazole the preceding Monday and .25mg anastrazole Wed evening. I felt like shit and suspected that my E2 might be off the charts. It WAS off the charts, but at the other end of the spectrum…

Results:

Notes from the results:

• Total and Free T were off the charts high
  • E2, at 8.4 was almost out of range on the low end
  • Hematocrit well within ref. range
  • Have to read about interpreting my thyroid tests. i.e. TSH, fT4 and fT3

I am really glad I listened to you guys regarding the 210mg per week dose. Obviously that was just “off-the-charts” stupid. So thank you @KSman and others.

Surprised that my E2 was so low after 210mg of T, and 1.25mg of anastrazole.

Questions

1. I ordered this lab work on Wed evening because I was feeling bad. I suspected it was due to high E2, so on Wed evening I took .25mg of anastrazole. Blood drawn Thursday morning. How much that would have knocked down my E2?
  2. Do I need 1mg/week of anastrazole or is this too much?
  3. Should I get more labs done this week?
  4. Should I stay the course and let things settle down or modify anastrazole dosage?
  5. Any feedback on thyroid labs is appreciated

I really don’t mind getting more labs and I’m wary of altering anything else - want to make sure I give things a solid chance and not change too much.

In other news, have been supplementing with 50mg of iodoral for the past 4 days. Waking temps about the same.