Weed and Training

Hi,
I often smoke weed after work and gym to help me eat a lot, sleep and relax and I am interested about your opinions on smoking weed and strength training. Is it harmful?

Thanks

From a general health and fitness stand point, smoking all the time isn’t good. That being said is it going to ruin your strength routine? No. Just don’t go to the gym high, have had friends do this and although quite comical at times its also possibly dangerous.

I myself have not, but I knew about 7-10 guys on two different college football teams that did AFTER practice to help them “relax”. It did not hamper their strength gains from what I saw.

Not weed, but I still remember smoking a cigarette with Kyle Long after practice, now THAT was stupid lol.

I smoke pretty much every day, generally after everything is done for the day. That being said when I say ‘smoke’ I mean I rarely every smoke and tend to either use a concentrate or vapor.

I tend to notice if I smoke regularly that my cardio perf drops quite a bit, when I vape etc it doesn’t hurt at all. TBH the best runs I’ve had are when I take a few puffs a few minutes before starting.

Strength wise I haven’t noticed it effect me at all. There is enough evidence piling up to say that its probably good for you when used in moderation.

It also depends how you react to it. Personally I could get a little high and probably lift as if I had a line of speed, it really amps me up. Its a vasodilator as well and at least for me is way stronger in that effect than anything else I’ve had. Whether that matters or not I don’t know but certainly nicer than NO products :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answers!!

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:
I smoke pretty much every day, generally after everything is done for the day. That being said when I say ‘smoke’ I mean I rarely every smoke and tend to either use a concentrate or vapor.

I tend to notice if I smoke regularly that my cardio perf drops quite a bit, when I vape etc it doesn’t hurt at all. TBH the best runs I’ve had are when I take a few puffs a few minutes before starting.

Strength wise I haven’t noticed it effect me at all. There is enough evidence piling up to say that its probably good for you when used in moderation.

It also depends how you react to it. Personally I could get a little high and probably lift as if I had a line of speed, it really amps me up. Its a vasodilator as well and at least for me is way stronger in that effect than anything else I’ve had. Whether that matters or not I don’t know but certainly nicer than NO products :)[/quote]

I think i will buy a vaporizer since i hate using tobacco, that is a great alternative!
By the way i only smoke it before dinner after i finished to work and finished to train, i would never smoke before training because i would feel sleepy
although i never tried.
I noticed that the day after i smoked i feel more energetic, maybe because it helped me to have a good deep sleep

[quote]ParkwayDrive wrote:
I think i will buy a vaporizer since i hate using tobacco, that is a great alternative!
By the way i only smoke it before dinner after i finished to work and finished to train, i would never smoke before training because i would feel sleepy
although i never tried.
I noticed that the day after i smoked i feel more energetic, maybe because it helped me to have a good deep sleep
[/quote]

You sound a lot like me. I always look at it as my alternative to drinking a sixer or some wine every night. It is however far, far better for you than alcohol if you aren’t smoking it (and perhaps if you are to low amounts of smoking). I tend to have some and it helps me sleep.

I know guys that smoke and work afterwards, and they do great work! I know people that would want to find a couch and sleep :slight_smile: Only way to know is to try it.

What I would say about vapes is to find a good one as they vary in quality and what they do A LOT. I have a Davinci Ascent and whilst they’re a bit pricey, its rock solid. Another option is a desktop vape which you’ll probably get better quality for less money. It will also be FAR more efficient than smoking too. I find vaping my flower probably goes 2x as far, maybe more.

I’m sure it has different effects on different people and different strains do different things. It has helped me to be more in tune with my body. I can tell the exact location of tension and various minor aches and pains and get it fixed. It also helps me “feel” various muscles work as well as improving technique. My running/sprinting/jumping technique has improved dramatically through the use of cannabis. My general movement and mobility have increased as well. It didn’t happen over night, it is a gradual progression. I am not a heavy user. I cycle the use of it so the effects can still be beneficial. Once I notice the positive effect diminishing I will stop use for several months and apply what I’ve learned while using it.

I actually quite like smoking before a workout although I haven’t done it in years.

Best MMC you’ll ever have

Wow, i guess i will try to get high before deadlift days maybe.

Im pretty sure weed lowers test. I know a few people who are high while they lift and they get dopey when the workouts get challenging. I don’t think there is any added value.

if you want to enhance you training/physique results theres much better things to spend your money on