Wednesday, Mr. Pragmatic!!!

If we are talking about the 40 day workout, “light” is really light. It could be half your one rep max. That’s light! But, the next day, you might add a little, stay there a day or so, move up. Around the 20th workout, you will discover that you are machine like in your reps.

For the Overhead Press…from racks, this would be a great addition. From the floor, you would need to be sure to have a fairly good base. And I would say that two sets of two (a clean and press and a clean and press) would make a great 40 day workout plan.

I started my deadlifts with 255 pounds and shot up to 555 over a few weeks. I think I noted that I wasn’t too interested in getting a big deadlift, so then I switched to more Romanian Deadlifts and Thick Bar Deadlifts for my personal needs…

Hi Dan, thanks for that! much appreciated. I had to think a bit about the SSSSSSSS-----PUUUUUUU, but I think I get it! Regarding swings, I reckon Ill trust you on this one :slight_smile:

You wrote in an earlier post “I think cleans are better than deadlifts” If you dont mind, could you please explain this a little further (I hope I’m not reading this out of context).

Thanks again,
Julian