Wednesday - A Short Prime Time

That same workout changed my career. I exploded doing it. Good to hear people are actually learning.

No BS here, but I want the readers to know that I honestly try to make the world a better place every day. That might sound like crap or a joke to some, but I really believe in this. So, when I see that you took something that I wrote years ago and learn from it, it makes me very, very happy.

I honestly get more from this than many would believe. When I say “Thank you” on posts like this, I really mean it…from the heart.

Thank you!!!

[quote]bluey wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that your Bulgarian twist is working great for me. Basically squat first then do Olympic lifts.

I basically have two different workouts:

Front squat
Power clean and power jerk
Other stuff (press, rows, curls etc)

Overhead squat
Power snatch
Other stuff

I am over 220 in the power clean + power jerk now. As soon as my front squat for doubles or triples goes up my power clean goes up also. So why not work the squat first a la Bulgarian twist![/quote]

Cool new article Dan!

I have a few things at home but not as much as the YMCA that I go to does. I’d like to start working out more at home in the yard though because I really enjoy working out at home and hate fighting the crowds at the YMCA.

What about this:

Day 1-dumbbell snatches, swings, presses

Day 2-40 yard hill sprints (couple of 400 yard runs too)

Day 3-pullups to death

Day 4-sledgehammer strikes to tire to death

DJ,

Thanks for your reply to my quandary. I have already read everything on your website. I guess I was hoping that perhaps there was another little nugget of ingenuity that I may have missed. I am working the Clean Grip Snatches 3x a week, alternated with DB snatches for WOB. These are worked into a bastardized hybrid of the 5x5x5 and the Ultimate Sprinter’s workout from DragonDoor. It ended up looking a lot like your most recent workout in GetUp!
I also rotate the intensity through the week.

Monday=Deadlift Hard
Tuesday=Push Press till my eyes bleed
Wednesday=Chins with enough weight to make me two inches taller.
Thursday=CG Snatch, with pathetic weight.
Friday=Incline Press more than the pantywaists around here bench, with a friend doing the upright row.
Saturday=Just CGSnatch and Farmer’s Walks… and throwing stuff.

My pulls are getting wicked strong…

Incidentally, you should send any kickbacks on your DVD to BFG as he hooked me up with the appropriate crossfit site to purchase your DVD. Which I did… immediately.

Oh, there is more gems out there…trust me. I just have to remember them!!!

The profits of everything I do go to a little cause that I support. It’s legit…and it makes a difference without being showy.

I’m actually trying to raise…with a lot of help…5 million…

It’s worth it.

[quote]quan2m wrote:
DJ,

Thanks for your reply to my quandary. I have already read everything on your website. I guess I was hoping that perhaps there was another little nugget of ingenuity that I may have missed. I am working the Clean Grip Snatches 3x a week, alternated with DB snatches for WOB. These are worked into a bastardized hybrid of the 5x5x5 and the Ultimate Sprinter’s workout from DragonDoor. It ended up looking a lot like your most recent workout in GetUp!
I also rotate the intensity through the week.

Monday=Deadlift Hard
Tuesday=Push Press till my eyes bleed
Wednesday=Chins with enough weight to make me two inches taller.
Thursday=CG Snatch, with pathetic weight.
Friday=Incline Press more than the pantywaists around here bench, with a friend doing the upright row.
Saturday=Just CGSnatch and Farmer’s Walks… and throwing stuff.

My pulls are getting wicked strong…

Incidentally, you should send any kickbacks on your DVD to BFG as he hooked me up with the appropriate crossfit site to purchase your DVD. Which I did… immediately.[/quote]

[quote]Danny John wrote:
Oh, there is more gems out there…trust me. I just have to remember them!!!

The profits of everything I do go to a little cause that I support. It’s legit…and it makes a difference without being showy.

I’m actually trying to raise…with a lot of help…5 million…

It’s worth it.
[/quote]

Geez, you don’t do anything small, do you? Well, that tears it. Time to order “Carried Away.”

[quote]Danny John wrote:
jamej, I have a little newsletter called “Get Up” where we encourage people to share their stories. Would you mind adding some photos (before and after) and maybe some of your diet ups and downs and writing a short (three or four page) essay? I am sure…seriously…that you will get a lot of it and I am positive the readers will.

This is just good stuff.

jamej wrote:
Danny John wrote:
I swear by all that is Holy to me that this post made my week. Thank you. You:

1. Took it upon yourself
  2. Tried the stuff
  3. Followed through
  4. And, I appreciate this, thanked me (and all the others I thank daily…many of whom have gone before us)

Congrats. Can you give us specific numbers (age, weight, fitness test results). If you want to be anonymous…that is fine, but…hey!..brag yourself up!!!

jamej wrote:
Dan,
My job requires me to be fit and prove it twice a year. All my fitness scores had been on the decline for years. Since I started following your advice in December 2004 my fitness scores have made a huge jump. I can’t thank you enough.

Today, I add the front squats with sprint as you described in the “Carried Away” DVD. Also I lost 25 lbs, since December, eating the MLB way. Yesterday, found an accomplished olympic lifting champion to work with me on my technique too. Everything is looking up. Thanks again.

As requested: 48 years almost 49. December 2004, 215lbs, today 190. Dec’04, 3 pull ups. Recently got on the bar, palms away, did a frog, followed by a pull up, followed by a frog. Switched so palms faced me (never dropping off the bar), did another frog, followed by a pull up, follwed by a frog. Reversed grips (without dropping off the bar) and repeated until I had 10 pull ups and 20 frogs. December over head squat oly bar only was a struggle. Recently, over head squat 100 lbs for 100 reps in 35 minutes. Yesterday 10 power cleans with 155, mil press 125, front squat 155. Finally, I haven’t run since I started reading your Web Site last December. My only cardio was hard Oly lifting - just ran 5K in 22:50. Dan’s edict: “work hard simply” is the golden rule of athletic progress.

[/quote]

Dan,
I’ll try to write the story of my progress. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share it. jim

dunno if you’ll see this but that progress is phenomonal. Well done.