Weather Channel to Sue Al Gore

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080303175301.aspx

Weather Channel Founder Blasts Network; Claims It Is ‘Telling Us What to Think’
TWC founder and global warming skeptic advocates suing Al Gore to expose ‘the fraud of global warming.’

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
3/3/2008 6:11:04 PM

The Weather Channel has lost its way, according to John Coleman, who founded the channel in 1982.

Coleman told an audience at the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change on March 3 in New York that he is highly critical of global warming alarmism.

�??The Weather Channel had great promise, and that�??s all gone now because they�??ve made every mistake in the book on what they�??ve done and how they�??ve done it and it�??s very sad,�?? Coleman said. �??It�??s now for sale and there�??s a new owner of The Weather Channel will be announced �?? several billion dollars having changed hands in the near future. Let�??s hope the new owners can recapture the vision and stop reporting the traffic, telling us what to think and start giving us useful weather information.�??

The Weather Channel has been an outlet for global warming alarmism. In December 2006, The Weather Channel�??s Heidi Cullen argued on her blog that weathercasters who had doubts about human influence on global warming should be punished with decertification by the American Meteorological Society.

Coleman also told the audience his strategy for exposing what he called �??the fraud of global warming.�?? He advocated suing those who sell carbon credits, which would force global warming alarmists to give a more honest account of the policies they propose.

�??[I] have a feeling this is the opening,�?? Coleman said. �??If the lawyers will take the case �?? sue the people who sell carbon credits. That includes Al Gore. That lawsuit would get so much publicity, so much media attention. And as the experts went to the media stand to testify, I feel like that could become the vehicle to finally put some light on the fraud of global warming.�??

Earlier at the conference Lord Christopher Monckton, a policy adviser to former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, told an audience that the science will eventually prevail and the �??scare�?? of global warming will go away. He also said the courts were a good avenue to show the science.

Stuart James and Paul Detrick also contributed to this report.

Related Links:

A New Special Report from BMI: Global Warming Censored

BMI’s Special Report “Fire & Ice: Journalists have warned of climate change for 100 years, but can’t decide weather we face an ice or warming”

Climate of Bias: BMI’s page devoted entirely to global warming and climate change in the media.

Yeah, he’s right. The Weather Channel sucks now. I used to watch it because I wanted the weather. Now they have gone M-TV on us and given us a bunch of shows we don’t want to watch an insights we don’t care about. Next thing you know they are going to give us a “Real World” weather channel style and not report the weather save for one hour at 3 AM.

[quote]pat wrote:
Yeah, he’s right. The Weather Channel sucks now. I used to watch it because I wanted the weather. Now they have gone M-TV on us and given us a bunch of shows we don’t want to watch an insights we don’t care about. Next thing you know they are going to give us a “Real World” weather channel style and not report the weather save for one hour at 3 AM. [/quote]

It is unwatcheable. We used to have a second weather channel that just showed local weather, no broadcasters but they dropped it. Fucking cable system.

[quote]pat wrote:
Yeah, he’s right. The Weather Channel sucks now. I used to watch it because I wanted the weather. Now they have gone M-TV on us and given us a bunch of shows we don’t want to watch an insights we don’t care about. Next thing you know they are going to give us a “Real World” weather channel style and not report the weather save for one hour at 3 AM. [/quote]

I used to watch for the Musak with radar videos on endless loops. Now they have this bullshit other programing with people talking and stuff… I want my 24hr musak station back!

[quote]etaco wrote:
pat wrote:
Yeah, he’s right. The Weather Channel sucks now. I used to watch it because I wanted the weather. Now they have gone M-TV on us and given us a bunch of shows we don’t want to watch an insights we don’t care about. Next thing you know they are going to give us a “Real World” weather channel style and not report the weather save for one hour at 3 AM.

I used to watch for the Musak with radar videos on endless loops. Now they have this bullshit other programing with people talking and stuff… I want my 24hr musak station back![/quote]

Yeah, that was back when Christina Abernathy was hot…boy she took a right turn down ugly street.

I recommend getting a CB Radio with the weather channels. Mine gets eight or nine channels that are constantly looped with fresh info on the current weather. Kicks butt.

I’ve never bothered watching the channel so as far as I know you are all correct about the current content, but I still don’t see how suing Al Gore is going to fix anything. He’s got the whole damn UN on his side, didn’t you know? The faithful aren’t going to change their minds about human-induced global climate change ever, period. Humans and their industrial activity are the root of all evil, and destroying the entire world is just one more chapter in the believer’s bible.

[quote]deadleg wrote:
…constantly looped with fresh info on the current weather. Kicks butt.[/quote]

The current weather? Wouldn’t a window do the job?

[quote]pookie wrote:
deadleg wrote:
…constantly looped with fresh info on the current weather. Kicks butt.

[/quote]
I prefer the weather rock. This rock is the perfect weather indicator, it never fails. It is more accurate that your local weather person. This rock is the living word and is 100% correct. This is how it works:

A dry rock means fair weather.
A wet rock means it’s raining.
A dusty rock means a dust storm.
A swinging rock means it’s windy.
A missing rock means a hurricane
A shadow under the rock means it’s sunny.
A white rock means it’s snowing.
if the rock is jumping up and down, an earthquake is upon us.
if the bottom of the rock is under water, it’s a flood.

most beautiful of all, though the rock is not attached to its’ existence, it doesn’t mind which of the above is happening.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
A missing rock means a hurricane[/quote]

Or a local rock thief.

But my real question is: How can you tell what the rock is cooking?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
pookie wrote:
deadleg wrote:

I prefer the weather rock. This rock is the perfect weather indicator, it never fails. It is more accurate that your local weather person. This rock is the living word and is 100% correct. This is how it works:

most beautiful of all, though the rock is not attached to its’ existence, it doesn’t mind which of the above is happening.

[/quote]

Can this be picked up at Home Depot? And does it come assembled?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
pookie wrote:
deadleg wrote:

Can this be picked up at Home Depot? And does it come assembled?[/quote]

It comes as a kit, you have to assemble it yourself ;-]

[quote]pookie wrote:

But my real question is: How can you tell what the rock is cooking?
[/quote]

By smell, obviously.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Sloth wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
pookie wrote:
deadleg wrote:

[/quote]

Don’t you need a degree in meteorology or something to put it together? What if this gets into the wrong hands?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Sloth wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
pookie wrote:
deadleg wrote:

[/quote]

Damn. I’m not good with the Hi-tech stuff.

[quote]pat wrote:
it together? What if this gets into the wrong hands?[/quote]

With all the energy obviously needed to run one of those things? Nothing short of extinction of our entire species. I hope they keep these things in well guarded silos.

All I have to say about global warming is that fossil fuels didnt cause the great flood, or the climate shift that killed the dinosuars.

[quote]pat wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Sloth wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
pookie wrote:
deadleg wrote:

Don’t you need a degree in meteorology or something to put it together? What if this gets into the wrong hands?[/quote]

All it takes is a couple stupid high school kids to start abusing these things and pretty soon they’ll be banned by the FDA.

Enjoy it while it lasts fellas.

[quote]jawara wrote:
All I have to say about global warming is that fossil fuels didnt cause the great flood, or the climate shift that killed the dinosuars.[/quote]

That is why they are called fossil fuels. They killed the dinosaurs. And stole my lunch money.