Wearing Ghettoware After Adolescence?

my usual attire is band shirt combat shorts boots.
but thats because i don’t give a fuck about what people think of me. They can take the piss about how i look emo or goth, but atleast i’m not another A&F fag.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
One of the stupidest looking pieces of fashion the hip-hop culture has brought back from the past and repackaged is denim suit. Add a pair of Timberland boots to the mix and you have complete fashion retardation.[/quote]

OH SNAP!! The denim suit was the shit back in the day. I’m assuming your referring to the denim jeans and matching jacket, with a stylish T-shirt under. That look was pimp style back in the day. Ah memories…

I could comment on some of the suburban wear that ive seen. Can someone explain the allure of wearing fucked up Pro Keds, and raggedy Jeans?

GTFO!

All the young kids in my area are rocking the tight clothes now. Tight, skinny jeans that are worn low and tight shirts that don’t even come all the way down to the top of the pants. With their boxers covering the little section inbetween. I’m assuming it’s because that’s what Lil Wayne wears or something.

Little do they know that these wanna-be thugs are mostly jocking Hollister’s/Abercrombie’s style. Makes me laugh. I live in a rich black area where all the kids want to be hood, but try so hard they end up looking and acting stupid instead.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
adarqui wrote:
here’s me in berut:

looks like a shit hole.

here’s me in France

so don’t feel bad[/quote]

There’s a kid in my school who looks and dresses exactly the same as you, it’s kinda scary.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
One of the stupidest looking pieces of fashion the hip-hop culture has brought back from the past and repackaged is denim suit. Add a pair of Timberland boots to the mix and you have complete fashion retardation.

OH SNAP!! The denim suit was the shit back in the day. I’m assuming your referring to the denim jeans and matching jacket, with a stylish T-shirt under. That look was pimp style back in the day. Ah memories…[/quote]

Not quite, PT.

I was referring to an actual men’s LEISURE suit… made of denim!

lol

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
One of the stupidest looking pieces of fashion the hip-hop culture has brought back from the past and repackaged is denim suit. Add a pair of Timberland boots to the mix and you have complete fashion retardation.

OH SNAP!! The denim suit was the shit back in the day. I’m assuming your referring to the denim jeans and matching jacket, with a stylish T-shirt under. That look was pimp style back in the day. Ah memories…

I could comment on some of the suburban wear that ive seen. Can someone explain the allure of wearing fucked up Pro Keds, and raggedy Jeans?[/quote]

Oh Snap LOL

[quote]TDub301 wrote:
All the young kids in my area are rocking the tight clothes now. Tight, skinny jeans that are worn low and tight shirts that don’t even come all the way down to the top of the pants. With their boxers covering the little section inbetween. I’m assuming it’s because that’s what Lil Wayne wears or something.

Little do they know that these wanna-be thugs are mostly jocking Hollister’s/Abercrombie’s style. Makes me laugh. I live in a rich black area where all the kids want to be hood, but try so hard they end up looking and acting stupid instead.[/quote]

Having a “rich black area” -doesn’t that say something about our country.

[quote]SpartanX wrote:
I dress like the dude in this video.
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=129031799808&h=V4S7v&u=dUN4j&ref=mf

[/quote]

I don’t even know what “ghettoware” is. Is that supposed to describe how the people in the video dress? Other than the hat cocked sideways, it looked like normal clothes to me. And it looks like shit I wear every day.

[quote]Bloobird wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
adarqui wrote:
here’s me in berut:

looks like a shit hole.

here’s me in France

so don’t feel bad

There’s a kid in my school who looks and dresses exactly the same as you, it’s kinda scary.
[/quote]

is he the coolest kid in school?

adarqui wrote:
here’s me in berut:

looks like a shit hole.

here’s me in France

so don’t feel bad[/quote]

lol@ how my jeans taper down from quads.

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

Little do they know that these wanna-be thugs are mostly jocking Hollister’s/Abercrombie’s style. Makes me laugh. I live in a rich black area where all the kids want to be hood, but try so hard they end up looking and acting stupid instead.[/quote]

no shit. i dont know why all these black kids who want to be so gangsta dress like white people. i had a group of like 16 of these kids come into my resturaunt yesterday, didnt even leave a tip on a $150 bill. in fact they didnt even leave enough money, so i went up to them, so pissed off that i was shaking like, you owe me 10 bucks. tell me why it took them a good 10 minutes to come up with it, fuckin cheap ass punks.

we exchanged a few words also, they said i was a crybaby b/c i wanted all the money they owed and i told them to get jobs and not go out if they cant pay the bill and if they cant leave a tip.

@ people wearing oversized clothes, you look a fucking idiot. unless you’re at your house in sweats watching football on a sunday. but working at a restaurant you judge every person that walks in the door. theres so much ghetto and white trash people that come into my resturaunt its sickening.
“uh hi, can we just drink water and eat bread/popcorn?”
“um, no, this isn’t a homeless shelter.”

i get so excited when i see people who look decent, basically who look like normal people who arent under 20 and arent over 60.

i dont like taking tables with really fat people, i feel like most of them are really bossy and crabby.

and when someone says “good looks yo” when i drop their food off, i get kind of nervous. i know it’s not the classiest of places but when you go out to eat at a place where you don’ wait behind a counter for your food, try losing the ghetto vernacular.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
SpartanX wrote:

I don’t even know what “ghettoware” is. Is that supposed to describe how the people in the video dress? Other than the hat cocked sideways, it looked like normal clothes to me. And it looks like shit I wear every day. [/quote]

do you play the bongos too?

[quote]stockzy wrote:
22 is not old!![/quote]

oldy mcolderton

[quote]SrJoker wrote:
but thats because i don’t give a fuck about what people think of me… but atleast i’m not another A&F fag.[/quote]

Well, then that kind of is caring about what other people think of you then, isn’t it?

EVERYBODY (except maybe autistics or other people with disorders) cares what people think about them and it is reflected in their dress. The, “I don’t give a fuck” style is still a style and there is still something you are trying to convey in your appearance. You wish to separate yourself from the “A&F fags” and I don’t blame you… most people on this site probably do.

But every time you present your appearance to the world, you’re communicating a message. Whether you’re rocking a nice suit, a beater, or whatever, there’s always a message your sending and being aware of that can help give you an advantage in business, social, personal, etc.; any sort of interaction.

malonetd wrote:
SpartanX wrote:

I don’t even know what “ghettoware” is. Is that supposed to describe how the people in the video dress? Other than the hat cocked sideways, it looked like normal clothes to me. And it looks like shit I wear every day.

do you play the bongos too?[/quote]

Shit, I wish. I would rock the bongos all day long.

TDub301 wrote:

Little do they know that these wanna-be thugs are mostly jocking Hollister’s/Abercrombie’s style. Makes me laugh. I live in a rich black area where all the kids want to be hood, but try so hard they end up looking and acting stupid instead.

no shit. i dont know why all these black kids who want to be so gangsta dress like white people. i had a group of like 16 of these kids come into my resturaunt yesterday, didnt even leave a tip on a $150 bill. in fact they didnt even leave enough money, so i went up to them, so pissed off that i was shaking like, you owe me 10 bucks. tell me why it took them a good 10 minutes to come up with it, fuckin cheap ass punks.

we exchanged a few words also, they said i was a crybaby b/c i wanted all the money they owed and i told them to get jobs and not go out if they cant pay the bill and if they cant leave a tip.

@ people wearing oversized clothes, you look a fucking idiot. unless you’re at your house in sweats watching football on a sunday. but working at a restaurant you judge every person that walks in the door. theres so much ghetto and white trash people that come into my resturaunt its sickening.
“uh hi, can we just drink water and eat bread/popcorn?”
“um, no, this isn’t a homeless shelter.”

i get so excited when i see people who look decent, basically who look like normal people who arent under 20 and arent over 60.

i dont like taking tables with really fat people, i feel like most of them are really bossy and crabby.

and when someone says “good looks yo” when i drop their food off, i get kind of nervous. i know it’s not the classiest of places but when you go out to eat at a place where you don’ wait behind a counter for your food, try losing the ghetto vernacular. [/quote]

When you work with people on a regular basis you often see stereotypes as being true. If a person looks stupid, is white , has crappy tattoos, and is dressing all gangsta, high chance they are a dumbass. At least where I live.

When I go out I wear jeans and a t shirt or polo shirt that fits, maybe khakis, sometimes a suit coat, depending on the venue. We tip 15% if you suck and probably won’t be back. We tip 20% 30% if you’re decent and will be back.

Decent is getting the order right and not being stupid. I’ve always followed the rule, if you can’t tip for decent to great service, you can’t afford to go out/

[quote]tom63 wrote:

Decent is getting the order right and not being stupid. I’ve always followed the rule, if you can’t tip for decent to great service, you can’t afford to go out/[/quote]

Yeah, that sounds great when you can afford it. I tip now because I have no justification not to. However, it wasn’t like I had the funds to take a girl out in college on the weekends AND tip 15% or more in all situations. Your perspective implies I should have simply not gone on dates until I had a career.

We are in the middle of a recession and there were tons of poor people before then. Most people seem to want to pretend they have money…which is why people buy cars they can’t afford when they can barely afford rent…or wear clothes from Dolce & Gabanna when the lights might get cut off this week.

Simply put, the people who usually don’t tip, act that way because they either don’t have the money…or they weren’t raised with that etiquette. If you never see mom and dad tip, chances are you won’t either unless someone informs you of who does it and when.

[quote]winkroar3 wrote:
TDub301 wrote:

Having a “rich black area” -doesn’t that say something about our country. [/quote]

wait, I’m confused, what are you saying?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

Not quite, PT.

I was referring to an actual men’s LEISURE suit… made of denim!

lol

[/quote]

Ewwwww, yes that look had to die, quickly and painfully.