Wearing Belts for These Exercises?

should i wear a belt when i squat, front squat,hang clean, and deadlift?

[quote]lil guy wrote:
should i wear a belt when i squat, front squat,hang clean, and deadlift?[/quote]

how much are you lifts.

if they are not alot then I think you will only keep your back weak by wearing a belt.
the idea is to strengthen your back not have something else support it

[quote]Nich wrote:
lil guy wrote:
should i wear a belt when i squat, front squat,hang clean, and deadlift?

how much are you lifts.

if they are not alot then I think you will only keep your back weak by wearing a belt.
the idea is to strengthen your back not have something else support it
[/quote]

with reps of 3x10: 225 on squats, 155 on front squats, 155 on hang clean, and 225 on deadlift. or something close to that

dont worry about belts

the deadlift is to stregthen your lower back and if you are lifting that light of a weight and need a belt for your back then I suggent lowering the weight.

if you wear a belt now and not lifting huge weights then IMO your back is going to start depending on the belt and not get strong

when I work warehouses I never wear a belt and never had a back injury where I know some guys tha tdo wear belts and they were laid up from back problems.

but in the end its all up to you and what you are comfortable with

I wouldnt though
profile says your 145 ,how old are you

[quote]Nich wrote:
dont worry about belts

the deadlift is to stregthen your lower back and if you are lifting that light of a weight and need a belt for your back then I suggent lowering the weight.

if you wear a belt now and not lifting huge weights then IMO your back is going to start depending on the belt and not get strong

when I work warehouses I never wear a belt and never had a back injury where I know some guys tha tdo wear belts and they were laid up from back problems.

but in the end its all up to you and what you are comfortable with

I wouldnt though
profile says your 145 ,how old are you[/quote]

im 16

plenty of time then plenty of time.

make sure you have perfect form on your squats and deadlifts and if your back is sore then lighten the weight and move up slow.

stregthen that back its better than having to wear a belt

[quote]Nich wrote:
plenty of time then plenty of time.

make sure you have perfect form on your squats and deadlifts and if your back is sore then lighten the weight and move up slow.

stregthen that back its better than having to wear a belt
[/quote]

okay. thank you