Wearing Belt All the Time?

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
I know at my gym a few of the bigger guys wear a belt all the time because they claim it keeps their waist tapered. I think Ronnie said he did that at one point. Sounds bro-sciency to me, but whatever. [/quote]

Not Ronnie, but one of the more recent IFBB Pros did (I forget who at the moment). I remember seeing it discussed somewhere, and anyone with any education realized it was complete bunk. Usually the guys worried about keeping their waists trim are a good 50+ lbs from really needing to worry about their taper.

S[/quote]

When I started training in the mid-eighties it was common for ‘bodybuiders’ to wear their belt throughout the workout. [/quote]
Along with spandex and over-sized Gold’s Gym sweatshirts…Ah yes, I remember

[quote]AzCats wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
I know at my gym a few of the bigger guys wear a belt all the time because they claim it keeps their waist tapered. I think Ronnie said he did that at one point. Sounds bro-sciency to me, but whatever. [/quote]

Not Ronnie, but one of the more recent IFBB Pros did (I forget who at the moment). I remember seeing it discussed somewhere, and anyone with any education realized it was complete bunk. Usually the guys worried about keeping their waists trim are a good 50+ lbs from really needing to worry about their taper.

S[/quote]

When I started training in the mid-eighties it was common for ‘bodybuiders’ to wear their belt throughout the workout. [/quote]
Along with spandex and over-sized Gold’s Gym sweatshirts…Ah yes, I remember[/quote]
What? Boatneck shirts are coming back and no one told me?!?

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:

[quote]AzCats wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

S[/quote]

Along with spandex and over-sized Gold’s Gym sweatshirts…Ah yes, I remember[/quote]
What? Boatneck shirts are coming back and no one told me?!?[/quote]

Looks like you got the message anyway. :slight_smile: