Wealth Inequality in America

I’m not sure I follow. By that logic, couldn’t you simply count salary as ‘paid out of company profit’?

And the democrat party has come to represent the freeloaders. I always wonder why anyone who does not work for the government, is not on some sort of government subsidy would ever vote for a democrat.

More people on food stamps. Home ownership down. More people left the job market. More people are under employed. And unrelated to wealth inequality…the world is a mess!

What happened during Obama’s term?

Income inequality became greater…Ha…You mean handing people free stuff doesn’t encourage them to work? WOW…who would have thought that?

2 Likes

How is that different from your claim that ‘it’s not fair that wealthy individuals pay the lion’s share of Fed income taxes’?

1 Like

Sure. Which would mean the owners pay all the taxes. That’s my point though. What’s the reason for drawing the line where you did, other than it makes the stats look like you want them to.

He’s talking about the many FEES that an employer must pay for each and every employee that is hired.

Federal and State unemployment insurance

Disability insurance

Workmans compensation

FICA (Social Security program and Medicare).

If the average person actually understood how much small business pays into both state and the federal government their chins would hit the floor.

Not to mention a forced minimum wage on each employer.

One of the many problems that Obama had was the fact that he really did not understand business. He only understood being a community organizer and left wing rabble rouser…he was really good at those things. Not much else.

HUH? WHAT?

1. People who work hard and succeed in a big way are entitled to live in any sort of home that they want.

2. Those who have failed in life DO NOT have a claim on the wealth of those who have succeeded.

In addition to that as I posted above the top 20% already pay about 85% of all taxes.

Therefore, it would not seem fair to anyone but a left wing loon that the government further punish those who have succeeded.

CLEAR?

Couldn’t much of this be related to:

The Great Recession

The excessive amount of people with 30K+ in student loans and degrees in fields they can’t find work in.

The average first marriage age is now 27 for women and 29 for men - (not getting married and buying home).

The Working Poor (i.e they work but can’t afford to live without government assistance)

“The “working poor” are people who spend 27 weeks or more in a year in the labor force either working or looking for work but whose incomes fall below the poverty level. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, about 9.5 million of people who spent at least 27 weeks in the labor force were poor. That year, the working poor comprised 6.3 percent of all individuals in the labor force.”

“Among the poor between ages 18 and 64 who are not disabled or in school in 2014, 51.8 percent worked for part of the previous year.”

2 Likes

Dont bother with a thread like this in these forums. There are a lot of brain washed people who dont believe wealth inequality in America is a problem or exists, for that matter. Ironically, these people are most likely in the 80% who own negligible assets and will never have the earning power to make it into the top 5%, which is about $350,000/yr or roughly $1000/day.

3 Likes

The “Great Recession” was 1929.

In related news, 75% of Americans get no exercise and of the 25% who do, it’s like 2-3% who do a mix of weight training and cardio beyond taking a walk now and again.

Interestingly, of the 2-3%, 54% make over $90,000 and also eat their veggies and see doctors.

They also save money and have high ability to defer gratification.

It’s as if some people plan ahead and some people don’t.

And apparently, they are bad, evil, people who should take care of the idiots who are lazy, waste their money, and took woman’s studies in college instead of engineering or accounting or nursing or something that is a valuable skill.

3 Likes

Oh I get it you are trying to blame George Bush. Ha ha…8 years and Obamaites are still blaming George W. Bush.

Pathetic.

How many hours does the instigator and Chief have left?

My party begins tomorrow afternoon and goes all night. I wish you were closer I would invite you over. We can all be happy that the worst modern day President is finally going away.

:smile:

Stop making sense liberals hate that!

This is not a Republican or Democrat issue. It is a systematic issue. It is unsustainable. The system will eventually collapse as the internal contradictions become more and more tangible.

2 Likes

The Great Depression was in 1929 lol

2 Likes

Correct. I’m an employer. Have right at 200 employees. Most make over $100K a year. They also work their asses off in cold, hot, wind, snow, Sun, and blowing diesel mud.

All this stuff about “employer matching” or whatever is B.S.

I get an employee and have a schedule of all the things that I directly pay for for that employee: salary, tax, FICA, insurance, training, whatever. The employee gets it, too. If I didn’t have to match SS, the salary would go up. It’s as simple as that.

Then I have a schedule of each employee’s hours worked and how much he made me.

I need ~1800 hours to break even. I then start splitting the money up, with me taking less the harder someone bust their hump. So the guy who takes no vacations and is on a rig for 2400 hours gets a hell of a lot more money that the guy who scrapes in at 1800.

I have made this perfectly transparent to all my guys. Those who get it, get it. I have a monthly sheet with everyone’s hours and salary. Everyone gets a copy. The good ones compete. And those who only schedule 1700 get their asses fired or run off by the other guys because they drag them down.

I think you missed 98% of what my post was…pathetic rebuttal.

That’s what I said my friend

Did you miss the “recession” vs “depression” part?

Oh stop it. Any most sane adults know Obama was a disaster. I’m not going to trade 54 posts with someone half way across the country who will in the end never agree with me anyway because of built in ideological differences.

So…Hey want to come to my Obama is GOOOOONE PARTY?

Truthfully, I am not a drinker by nature but I am starting early today. And other than getting a little sleep tonight will continue to celebrate the final 24 hours of the worst President in modern day history.

Forgive me if I am not as sharp as usual. I know you hold great stock in sharp and witty debate. And that counts for a lot in life (well not really but it’s still fun).