Weakness Mid-Bench, Weak Anterior Delts

What are good assistance exercises for bringing up a weak middlepoint of bench press. Can I used pin press at just below mid points or just low benches halfway and press them up?

Any tips would be great guys?
I am thinking of doing a dynamic effort day like westside.

One thing you can try is pausing at that weak point. Pin and board presses below that point sound like good options too.

[quote]lift206 wrote:
One thing you can try is pausing at that weak point. Pin and board presses below that point sound like good options too.[/quote]
This plus floor press, slingshot, bands and chains. Just don’t overdo the last three. I have the same sticking point, 1 board and floor press seem to have helped the most.

Have you considered it may actually be a chest weakness or just a slow issue. I used to think it was my triceps and front delts and shit my bench never moved. Started working with Adrian Larsen and Amit Sapir and started focusing on training my chest more like a body builder and my bench is literally getting better and better. Still poverty level but better.

Was explained to me that my chest was actually weak so my triceps and front delts were taking all the load on the descent and by the time I got the press command the bar would shoot off my chest but by the time I got to the mid range my chest would be done and my triceps wouldn’t have enough juice to finish the movement because they were exhausted from trying to be the main mover.

Normally I am weak off the chest. I have made improvements by using paused benches , so now my new weakness is mid-point. I am still using pauses in the bottom position. .I could press out my PR 130kg but it took an awful long time.
Hopefully these eccentric/overloads 110% lowering will do the trick for another 10kg to hit 3 plates.

I am switching to Westside style for the upperbody , with the bench throw chucked in too.

Dave Tate is recommending 30-40% 1RMX for two cycles on Bench . It seems awfully low and not too different to bench throws which are at 30% of your max.

Your training just seems all over the place, first you are talking about throwing a barbell for bench press. Then zercher squats for everything, and westside but just for upper body. Seems like you are making it extra complicated on yourself.

[quote]decimation wrote:
Normally I am weak off the chest. I have made improvements by using paused benches , so now my new weakness is mid-point. I am still using pauses in the bottom position. .I could press out my PR 130kg but it took an awful long time.
Hopefully these eccentric/overloads 110% lowering will do the trick for another 10kg to hit 3 plates.

I am switching to Westside style for the upperbody , with the bench throw chucked in too.

Dave Tate is recommending 30-40% 1RMX for two cycles on Bench . It seems awfully low and not too different to bench throws which are at 30% of your max.[/quote]
Dave Tate is a multi-ply lifter. 40% of a multi ply bench is a lot more than 40% of a raw bench.