Weaker After Deload

I just finshed a deload of one week. I went ot vaction so I ate badly and I wresled with my cousins a lot and played soccer with them. Although I came back and did rep upper body and I felt stronger but my box squat was weaker. I did dynamic lower body this thursday and today(Sad) I did max effort lower body. I know it is recommended 72 hours but I forgot and worked out but I felt fresh thats why I forgot. Any idea why I had a bad day?

[quote]motherofpearl wrote:
I just finshed a deload of one week. I went ot vaction so I ate badly and I wresled with my cousins a lot and played soccer with them. Although I came back and did rep upper body and I felt stronger but my box squat was weaker. I did dynamic lower body this thursday and today(Sad) I did max effort lower body. I know it is recommended 72 hours but I forgot and worked out but I felt fresh thats why I forgot. Any idea why I had a bad day?[/quote]

probably because you didn’t get enough rest between your ME/DE? you got 1 full day of rest… thats hardly good if you’re not used to it.

just quitting lifting cold turkey doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to be stronger a week later…

peace

[quote]adarqui wrote:
motherofpearl wrote:
I just finshed a deload of one week. I went ot vaction so I ate badly and I wresled with my cousins a lot and played soccer with them. Although I came back and did rep upper body and I felt stronger but my box squat was weaker. I did dynamic lower body this thursday and today(Sad) I did max effort lower body. I know it is recommended 72 hours but I forgot and worked out but I felt fresh thats why I forgot. Any idea why I had a bad day?

probably because you didn’t get enough rest between your ME/DE? you got 1 full day of rest… thats hardly good if you’re not used to it.

just quitting lifting cold turkey doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to be stronger a week later…

peace[/quote]

I still worked out just with a deload type training. Even if you felt fresh? thats the only reason I worked out cause I felt fresh and forgot about not needing to rest.

you were weaker because of a lack of rest between DE/ME not because of the deload.

1 week off shoudnt make you weaker 2 weeks perhaps, at elite levels 2 weeks off can cause a 10% drop in strenght.

lesson, put 72 hours between DE and ME.

[quote]Kerley wrote:
you were weaker because of a lack of rest between DE/ME not because of the deload.

1 week off shoudnt make you weaker 2 weeks perhaps, at elite levels 2 weeks off can cause a 10% drop in strenght.

lesson, put 72 hours between DE and ME.[/quote]

thanks for your help.

I have had that happen.

Neurological tricks like peaking and deloading are, in my experience, very hit-or-miss depending on the person or circumstances. The results vary greatly from person to person and so many variables can come into paly like sleep, stress, food, and emotional state.

[quote]Pinto wrote:
I have had that happen.

Neurological tricks like peaking and deloading are, in my experience, very hit-or-miss depending on the person or circumstances. The results vary greatly from person to person and so many variables can come into paly like sleep, stress, food, and emotional state. [/quote]

Well thanks for the advice someone at your strength level and knowelge would even respond to my theard. I am very thankfull. Ya I didn’t really eat right during my vacation.