T Nation

Weak Voice

In the last year my voice has really weakened. I sound like a f -n peon . I don’t know why or how or whay to do. Anyone have any ideas. Chinese acupuncturist says its a yang imbalance, but I don’t know how sure I am about that. I am 29

Get so big that people will be afraid to look at you let alone spark up conversation.

It’s a yang imbalance.

It could be allergies or acid reflux. Acid reflux can cause voice problems, even if you don’t have heartburn or other symptoms. Also, some people get into the habit of tensing up their vocal cords.

Is your voice always weak, or is it off and on?

My vocal cords are scarred from a childhood infection, and I have allergies. My voice is normal about half the time, but often quite flat and weak. It wears out quickly if I do much talking. I never know how it will come out until I start talking, so sometimes I start off at an almost inaudible level and have to crank it up and start over. For a while I had acid reflux, and that made it much worse.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
It’s a yang imbalance. [/quote]

But does he need more yang, or less?

Look at Ronnie Coleman, no one’s calling him on his unusual voice for his size, least not to his face.

Solution: Get huge, I hear steroids are packed fulla yang.

Chugging hot sauce should do the trick

Hot tea with honey mixed in. If that doesn’t work, shoot Mike Tyson an e-mail and ask how he gets through life.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
It’s a yang imbalance. [/quote]

Maybe it’s a wang imbalance.

Could be a tumah.

[quote]larryb wrote:
It could be allergies or acid reflux. Acid reflux can cause voice problems, even if you don’t have heartburn or other symptoms. Also, some people get into the habit of tensing up their vocal cords.

Is your voice always weak, or is it off and on?

My vocal cords are scarred from a childhood infection, and I have allergies. My voice is normal about half the time, but often quite flat and weak. It wears out quickly if I do much talking. I never know how it will come out until I start talking, so sometimes I start off at an almost inaudible level and have to crank it up and start over. For a while I had acid reflux, and that made it much worse. [/quote]

Yea man, most likely it’s a food allergy, isn’t everything?

I heard food allergies causes are, but not limited to:

dizziness, fatigue, swelling of the throat, irritation of the eyes, limp dick, storage of fat in the waist, PLS, PMS, and of course, what you’re experiencing right now, a high pitched voice.

You should probably cut any dairy out of your diet. This is a good assumption because everybody except for 1% of the population is lactose intolerant (even those people have a small case of lactose intolerancy).

You say it’s weakened. As in you’re not as loud as you once were or it’s gotten high and whiny like Mike Tysons?

No its not high and whiny. Its just lost its power, weak sounding. It has defenitely changed in the last year. I don’t know if its t related or thyroid or what. Yeah yang deficient would be the term. I thought someone would have insight like oh yeah that is low t levels, but using the example of ronnie coleman I guess I cant compare that. I do notice things that are mucos producing make it worse, like cottage cheese.

[quote]scattered wrote:
No its not high and whiny. Its just lost its power, weak sounding. It has defenitely changed in the last year. I don’t know if its t related or thyroid or what. Yeah yang deficient would be the term. I thought someone would have insight like oh yeah that is low t levels, but using the example of ronnie coleman I guess I cant compare that. I do notice things that are mucos producing make it worse, like cottage cheese. [/quote]

You may have allergies (dust, mold, pollen) that don’t cause classic symptoms, but do cause frequent post-nasal drip. If I had to place a bet I’d take acid reflux though.

Find a voice enhancement book, there is a lot of them!

At least you don’t have a voice emodulation problem…

Just see yourself as confident, and tell yourself every night that you’re confident with a strong voice, and you’re jacked. In a couple months you’ll love your strong voice.

Have you considered seeing an homeopath, an iridologist, a Qigong master or a faith healer? Seems to me you haven’t really explored all the alternatives quackery has to offer.

[quote]Rykker wrote:
Could be a tumah.[/quote]

IT’S NOT A TOOMAH!!!

Sounds to me like you lack confidence in your physical dominance.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1184724&pageNo=0