Weak Momo's at UoAlabama

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
no, he’s not coming back from a debilitating injury or illness. he spent the rest of the time bouncing up and down how about ‘effing hot’ the weightroom staff is

he’s simply weak as hell. and it blows me away that some guys are college age and can’t even press the bar off their chest.

i’m willing to bet we won’t do well. even the majority of people on T-Nation (at least 50%) are not doing ‘well’. they’re still sitting here at 125lbs holding a shoe and asking what bf% they are.

i just can’t see how someone can go that long and feel adequate in day to day activities.[/quote]

K I can understand why ProfX would go on a rant about how T-Nation posters aren’t hardcore enough, he’s been here since the vietnam war. But who the FUCK are you?

I forget where I read it(maybe this site), but there was a champion bench presser who would sometimes come into the gym and press only the bar a few times because he felt that was the right way to train that day.

Anyone else find it funny that you’re all attacking a first time poster for attacking a first time lifter?

Shake it off HolyMacaroni. Better luck next time.

that’s fine, if you want to lift the bar a few times b/c it made you a champion, great.

i’m talking about a guy who CAN’T even lift the bar.

i didn’t know i had to have an inflated post count in order to rant.

and in regards to you, kataklysm. i’m just going to assume that in relation to you, i’m a tad stronger, bigger, faster, and generally more successful than you.

[quote]masonator wrote:
I also go to bama. If you were interested in seeing strong people, you wouldn’t be lifting at the rec.[/quote]

I drove by the weight room there on the way to the indoor football field for a practice and I saw some decently strong dudes. One dude doin’ weighted dips with a few 2 or 3 plates dangling from his belt. Don’t know why I felt compelled to add this.

Don’t get my wrong, there are some huge dudes that lift at the rec center. but yesterday i saw two guys at the bench press, one of them spotting the guy lifting THE BAR.

THE BAR. as a college student. the guy probably can’t even do a single pushup.

it just boggles my mind that some guys can go an entire 20 or so years before wondering if they should try getting a little stronger.[/quote]

Its funny how people that learn to bench 135 somehow look down on those that cant. I remember when I had to start at the bottom, not everyone starts early in there life.

if your so great why dont you help him.

that’s fine, if you want to lift the bar a few times b/c it made you a champion, great.

i’m talking about a guy who CAN’T even lift the bar.

i didn’t know i had to have an inflated post count in order to rant.

and in regards to you, kataklysm. i’m just going to assume that in relation to you, i’m a tad stronger, bigger, faster, and generally more successful than you.[/quote]

Ok. Let’s assume you are that much e-stronger than me, at least I have much more friends than you, because personnally I encourage beginners instead of shitting on them.

[quote]AssClown wrote:
masonator wrote:
I also go to bama. If you were interested in seeing strong people, you wouldn’t be lifting at the rec.

I drove by the weight room there on the way to the indoor football field for a practice and I saw some decently strong dudes. One dude doin’ weighted dips with a few 2 or 3 plates dangling from his belt. Don’t know why I felt compelled to add this.[/quote]

There are some. But they are few and far between. What I was implying is that OP should hardly be shocked. All the serious lifters (powerlifters, comp BB’s) that I know either train at the aquatic center or other small, private gyms in the area.

[quote]MISCONCEPTION wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
Don’t get my wrong, there are some huge dudes that lift at the rec center. but yesterday i saw two guys at the bench press, one of them spotting the guy lifting THE BAR.

THE BAR. as a college student. the guy probably can’t even do a single pushup.

it just boggles my mind that some guys can go an entire 20 or so years before wondering if they should try getting a little stronger.

Its funny how people that learn to bench 135 somehow look down on those that cant. I remember when I had to start at the bottom, not everyone starts early in there life.

if your so great why dont you help him.

[/quote]

Exactly.

Anyone can complain, but be a liitle different and try to find a solution. (i.e. help)

I don’t feel compelled to help you, unless you have tried to help yourself first.

the same way all of you complain about those weiners who show up and say ‘tell me info about ____’ without searching for it first. the same way i’m not going to just stroll around a gym and start offering advice. at least be able to lift more than my (or most likely any of yours) girlfriend(s).

I don’t feel compelled to help you, unless you have tried to help yourself first.

the same way all of you complain about those weiners who show up and say ‘tell me info about ____’ without searching for it first. the same way i’m not going to just stroll around a gym and start offering advice. at least be able to lift more than my (or most likely any of yours) girlfriend(s).[/quote]

should I laugh at you because your deadlift form sucks? and you cant rep 500lbs the way I can?

there are lifters that don’t deserve advice, *( you seem like one) because they know it all and laugh at everyone. The there are those starting out and words like hey, there is a great website that could offer you allot of info about working out, (t-mag.com) check it out. )hey thanks man>

then when he surpasses you you will probably feel bad and go and join tae bo!

the same way all of you complain about those weiners who show up and say ‘tell me info about ____’ without searching for it first. the same way i’m not going to just stroll around a gym and start offering advice. at least be able to lift more than my (or most likely any of yours) girlfriend(s).[/quote]

They started lifting, so they are helping themselves, no?

Why do you care about how weak they are?

thread title: Weak Momo’s at UoAlabama

what is a Momo??

[quote]mjc381 wrote:
thread title: Weak Momo’s at UoAlabama

what is a Momo??[/quote]

Aren’t Momos like some kind of baby thing or something?

i don’t deserve advice because i laugh at ‘everyone’?

lol, give me a break. i put in my fair share of hard work. i ask for advice when i need it, i give it out when it’s asked from me.

am i supposed t apologize for when it blows me away there there are some guys out there that are patheticatly weak?

lol, give me a break. i put in my fair share of hard work. i ask for advice when i need it, i give it out when it’s asked from me.

am i supposed t apologize for when it blows me away there there are some guys out there that are patheticatly weak?

[/quote]

No it just shows how much of a wet douche you really are. Thanks for making it clear so we didn’t have to find out.

[/quote]

So, then it would be ok if the people who are much stronger than you, laugh at you for being pathetically weak?

really??

obviously i would be ‘weak’ only in a relative sense to them.

i’m refering to people who are weak across the board, in reference to anyone.

really??

obviously i would be ‘weak’ only in a relative sense to them.

i’m refering to people who are weak across the board, in reference to anyone.[/quote]

It’s all still relative, no matter how you say it.

Anyway, have a good night. :slight_smile: