Weak, Immobile and Small - Strong, Athletic and Big

I’ve always struggled with injurys due to my lack of mobility but it recently just got serious, I got tendonitis in both my elbows and knees that has put me out of training. Combined with serious, I’ve lost 1stone (12lb).

I had my injuries looked at the other day and here was the diagnosis: Tight chest, tight hamstrings, biceps, triceps, forearms (extremely) and ITB band. As well as weak glutes, hamstrings, upper back and core.

I’m still suffering from tendoitis but instead of waiting around losing more weight, I want to strengthen the weak areas and increase mobility in the weak ones.

My goals: Injury rehab, increase muscle mass, get stronger and improve rugby performance.

16th June

80kg = Far too light.

Forearms: Right 30cm and Left 29.5cm
Arms: Right 33cm and Left 33.6cm
Chest: 102.5cm
Glutes: 95.3cm
Legs: Right 60.5cm and Left 59cm
Calves: Right 38.5cm and Left 38cm

Following this same diet for a week, if no weight is gained, I will eat more. ALthough I am not traning properly due to injurys.

Breakfast:
4eggs (3white 1whole), Handful spinach, fish oil, multi, orange juice

Snack:
1scoop of whey, handful frozen fruit, 1/2 Oats

Lunch:
150g brown rice, 70g frozen veg (uncooked weight), 1 can of tuna and fish oil

Snack:
2 High carb muffins (homemade), 1 scoop of whey and a apple

Tea (will change during the week):
White bread, salad and 2 chicken breasts

check this out:

I used this strategy to FIX my patellar tendonitis. Completely fix. And I found a use for the leg extension machine!

Warm up - agile 8, rugby skills

  1. Squat (practice due overdeveloped quads) 5x2
  2. Good mornings: Barx11, 32kgx10, 42kgx10, 42kgx10, 42kgx10, 42kgx10
  3. Bent over rows: (learning): 14.5kg 10x5
  4. Glute bridge: (5seconds hold then rep): 5x40seconds
    **. Calf raises: 12,12,15,15 @ 40kg
    **. Plank: 3x1minute

STRETCH

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:
check this out:

I used this strategy to FIX my patellar tendonitis. Completely fix. And I found a use for the leg extension machine! [/quote]

Thanks for this very intresting article! The problem is, I workout from home and dont have a leg extension machine

[quote]JT4Rugby wrote:

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:
check this out:

I used this strategy to FIX my patellar tendonitis. Completely fix. And I found a use for the leg extension machine! [/quote]

Thanks for this very intresting article! The problem is, I workout from home and dont have a leg extension machine[/quote]

My idea would be to try the same thing with sissy squats in a doorway or something similar. I’d use lots of upper body assistance on the concentric portion. I haven’t tried this, so approach conservatively!

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:

[quote]JT4Rugby wrote:

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:
check this out:

I used this strategy to FIX my patellar tendonitis. Completely fix. And I found a use for the leg extension machine! [/quote]

Thanks for this very intresting article! The problem is, I workout from home and dont have a leg extension machine[/quote]

My idea would be to try the same thing with sissy squats in a doorway or something similar. I’d use lots of upper body assistance on the concentric portion. I haven’t tried this, so approach conservatively! [/quote]

by same thing i mean the same principle. I wouldn’t do single leg sissy squats unless you’re outrageously strong

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:

[quote]JT4Rugby wrote:

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:
check this out:

I used this strategy to FIX my patellar tendonitis. Completely fix. And I found a use for the leg extension machine! [/quote]

Thanks for this very intresting article! The problem is, I workout from home and dont have a leg extension machine[/quote]

My idea would be to try the same thing with sissy squats in a doorway or something similar. I’d use lots of upper body assistance on the concentric portion. I haven’t tried this, so approach conservatively! [/quote]

by same thing i mean the same principle. I wouldn’t do single leg sissy squats unless you’re outrageously strong [/quote]

I may have to give this a go tomorrow. Nice theory behind it, let hope it works!

Tuesday

Warm up- JoeDeFrancos Upper warm up and passing

OP (5,3,1): 37kgx5, 43kgx5,49kgx10
Barbell shrugs: 10x5 48kg
Kettlebell rows: 10x5 16kg
Glute bridge (rep every 5 seconds then hold): 40secx3

Hate not being able to go full out but suprisingly my elbow didn’t feel any worse after. Been stretching and foam rolling 3x a day

Tuesday

Breakfast: 4eggs (1whole), handful spinach, fish oil, multi, orange juice

Snack (shake): 1 scoop powder, 1/2 cup oats, 1 handful of frozen fruit

Lunch: 150g rice, 70g frozen veg, 1 can tuna and a fish oil

Pre workout: 2 high carb homemade muffin and an apple

Post workout: handful of frozen fruit, 1 scoop of why, 1/2 cup oats and honey

Tea: Chicken leg, potatoes, ratatouille, apple, orange and muffin

Snack (sludge): 1 scoop of whey, 1 tbsp PB, handful of fruit and fibre

Morning weigh in

I haven’t been weighing myself on a hard floor, the result was 79kg

Wednesday

Breakfast: 4 eggs (1whole), apple, kiwi, multi and fish oil
Snack: 1/2 cut oats, 1 scoop whey, 1 handful frozen fruit and golden syrup
Lunch: 150g rice, 70g frozen veg, 1 can tuna and a fish oil
Snack: 2 homemade muffins, 1 scoop shake, grapes and apple
Tea: Spinach and pepperoni pizza

Thursday

Breakfast: 4eggs (1whole), 1handful of spinach, multi, orange juice and fish oil
Snack: 1/2 cup of oats, 1 scoop whey, 1 handful frozen fruit
Lunch: 150g brown rice, 70g frozen veg, 1 can of tuna and fish oil
Snack/ pre workout: homemade muffin and an apple
Post workout: 1/2 cup of oats, 1 scoop of whey and a handful of frozen fruit
TEA!: Sticky honey ribs, sweet potatoes and a tone of veggies
Snack: Cheesy egg whites
Snack: 3 spoonfuls of B&J

Monday

Agile 8 and passing (warm up)

Squats: Barx10, 50kgx8, 70kgx6, 85kgx5
OP: Barx10, 40kgx3, 50kgx3, 55kgx3
1 leg KB deadlifts: 12kg 10x3
Plank: 1min, 1min, 1.10min
EZ curls: 10kgx12,15kgx12,15kgx12,15kgx15

First time doing squats in ages! So happy to be doing them again even though im extremely weak but I’ll start off light and build up. First time doing bicep work, ever but who doesnt like a good set of arms! Generally a good session

Tuesday

Sprints

About 35, 20meter sprints

Very happy just because its the first time doing fitness again, felt unfit but better for doing it.