T Nation

Weak Erections and TRT

I’m 30 years old. A year ago I had my t-levels checked and they were low : 300.
I had all the symptoms of low-t. I moved to a country where Testosterone is readily available over the counter. I did my research (or so I thought) for almost a year before I decided to start 250-500 of test ethanate into my body weekly.

WORKED WONDERS. Erection, mood, memory and energy problems disappeared. I had morning wood for the first time in years. I had no intention of cycling the t. I wanted to keep a moderate dose supplemented into me every week until maybe one day I decided to have kids or something. 2 months later, and I’m running into some real difficulties maintaining an erection again. I’m running a low dosage of nolvadex to keep any bitch tits or estrogenic problems at a minimum.

Cialis and Viagra don’t even work all that well. Should I drop the t and run a PCT? I would really like to avoid it if at all possible.

The best thing for you is reading some stickies in this forum:

In this order:

  • advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections

At your age, we are looking at low-T as a symptom, not a cause of your problems. So what caused your T levels to drop? There are often other health issues. In the stickies, look for the issues that might apply to you. I also need to point out that many who come here have thyroid and/or iodine deficiency problems. You can check your overall thyroid function status by checking your body temperature.

You are using way too much testosterone. You need to reduce. Your E2 levels are probably very high. See the suggested protocol in the stickies. You need to resist the temptations of freely available drugs.

You are at high risk of loss of fertility!!!

Typical labs:
TT
FT
E2
prolactin
TSH
fT3
fT4
LH/FSH [too late, should be before TRT]

[quote]Atlos8585 wrote:
I’m 30 years old. A year ago I had my t-levels checked and they were low : 300.
I had all the symptoms of low-t. I moved to a country where Testosterone is readily available over the counter. I did my research (or so I thought) for almost a year before I decided to start 250-500 of test ethanate into my body weekly.

WORKED WONDERS. Erection, mood, memory and energy problems disappeared. I had morning wood for the first time in years. I had no intention of cycling the t. I wanted to keep a moderate dose supplemented into me every week until maybe one day I decided to have kids or something. 2 months later, and I’m running into some real difficulties maintaining an erection again. I’m running a low dosage of nolvadex to keep any bitch tits or estrogenic problems at a minimum.

Cialis and Viagra don’t even work all that well. Should I drop the t and run a PCT? I would really like to avoid it if at all possible. [/quote]

250-500 a week? You just pick an amount for the week and go with it? What are you running for a AI and at what dose? Whats your e2 at?

BTW- you are running a steroid cycle, not TRT.

Thanks for these. Yeah I feel like a complete idiot.

Can one run a steroid t cycle with say dianabol and then cut it down to a trt low-dose during off cycles? Or is it really one or the other?

No, I ran 250 for the first two weeks to make sure my body didn’t react poorly and then ran 500 for months. I’m going to cut it down
to 250 a week until I figure out the best solution.

I’m taking 20mg of Nolvadex alongside the t and that is all. I thought I got good advice but it seems I listened to the wrong people.
I am just trying to pull things back from the brink now.

If I was so erroneous to run this cycle thinking it could be TRT, what do I do now?

[quote]Atlos8585 wrote:
If I was so erroneous to run this cycle thinking it could be TRT, what do I do now?[/quote]

You could just lower the dose…

Nolva is a poor choice. You need to find a proper AI to control your estrogen.

Please read the stickies and go from a level of understanding.

Nolvadex protects “selected” tissues from the effects of E2. Nolvadex and other SERM’s increase E2 levels! You need anastrozole to reduce T–>E2 aromatization. If you get E2 into the lower 20’s [pg/ml], you will not need a SERM to manage “sides”.

Knowledge is power.

[quote]Atlos8585 wrote:
No, I ran 250 for the first two weeks to make sure my body didn’t react poorly and then ran 500 for months. I’m going to cut it down
to 250 a week until I figure out the best solution. [/quote]

That is still too much.

The average TRT dose is about 100 mg a week.

The Test Ethanate bottle comes in 250 mg. So I just remove 100 mg and toss the remaining 150 mg?

Thanks everyone for helping my dumbass.

I’m going to read through all the stickies I can now. I’ll lower the dose to 100 mg for AWHILE. Question : Can I run a 5 week cycle of Dianabol while running a 100 mg TRT? Dianabol has been known to stop any natural t production.

Will get anastrozole today to begin repairs. Hopefully, permanent damaged hasn’t been done.

[quote]Atlos8585 wrote:
I’m going to read through all the stickies I can now. I’ll lower the dose to 100 mg for AWHILE. Question : Can I run a 5 week cycle of Dianabol while running a 100 mg TRT? Dianabol has been known to stop any natural t production.

Will get anastrozole today to begin repairs. Hopefully, permanent damaged hasn’t been done. [/quote]

I don’t think you’re getting this. Stuff like dianabol, deca durabolin, and so on, are not part of TRT.

There is no “cycling”, “cruising”, “blasting”, “bridging” or whatever other patterns ROID USERS prefer to use hormones.

This is TRT:
Start at 100 mg injectable T per week or 5 grams of gel per day. Have DOCTOR adjust dosage according to results and unresolved symptoms.
Use HCG if desired and prescribed by doctor.
Use AI ONLY IF necessary.

How about you go to a competent doctor?

I understand what TRT is compared to cycling. I am wondering if you can do both. And yes, I met one today.

[quote]Atlos8585 wrote:
I understand what TRT is compared to cycling. I am wondering if you can do both. And yes, I met one today.[/quote]

You can’t do both at the same time. Using non-clinical doses that result in supraphysiological values of T is not TRT.

Technically you can do both of course. You can use roids at whatever dose your heart desires and then go on a clinical dose of T for whatever timeframe you like. But I don’t think a competent doctor would bother working with you if you are going to botch his practice or not see him during the timeframes in which you are “doing roids” so to speak. Mine certainly wouldn’t and he sees several members of this board.

[quote]Atlos8585 wrote:
I understand what TRT is compared to cycling. I am wondering if you can do both. And yes, I met one today.[/quote]

You cannot optimize TRT if you keep running cycles. TRT can take up to a few months to find the right protocol to stabilize symptoms (such as the ED you are having) and a cycle and just mess that up again for months afterwards.