Weak 20 Year Old Log

I’m a scrawny little 20 year old from Australia and I just thought I’d start logging my workouts here as I have been creeping this site forever following the likes of Bug and Waylander. This log is not intended for people to troll on or follow but you’re more than welcome to if anything I post is of interest to you. :slight_smile:

I am 73kg, about 178cm tall and my best lifts (which obviously are not great at all) are as follows:

Deadlift: 130 x 5
Benchpress: 92.5 x 1
Squat: 115 x 1
Dips: Bw + 40kg x 3
Pullups: Bw + 30kg x 3

My split is basically:

Mon- off
Tue- [Deadlift day] back/rear delt/bi
Wed- [Bench day] chest/mid delt/tri
Thur- off
Fri- [squat day] Legs/Calves
Sat- [Military press day] (usually shoulders/back)
Sun- off

I’ve been training for a while and study Human movement and psychology at university so I know how to write a training program etc, not that I have much to show for it.

Todays workout went as follows:

1. Pre fatigued chest with some moderately weighted incline DB flys
  2. Benchpress (worked up to 75kg x 3) then dropped the weight down to 55kg and stayed on the bench until i hit 25 reps.
  3. Dips (20kg x 8,6,6,6) super-setted with incline barbell press (50kg x 6,5,5,5)
  4. Skull crushers super-setted with some close grip pushups

Have a good day everyone.

p.s. I hope this is where you post your logs otherwise, if not please inform me guys.
cya!

Friday 2nd November : Legs

1. Walking Lunges super-setted with Leg curls
  2. Back squats (up to 90 x 3 super-setted with calf raises (with the same weight on the bar used for each ramping set)
  3. Straight leg deadlifts supersetted with leg extensions

Saturday 3rd November

1. Military Press up to 57.5 x 3
  2. Rear delt fly’s super-setted with side raises (7.5kg x 10-10, 10-10, 10-10, 10-10)
  3. Alternating grip chinups bw x 10,10,10,10,20
  4. Random Tricep work (as tri’s lag)
  5. Abs

Tuesday 6th November

1. Dead-lifts: 70 x 3, 80 x 3, 90 x 3, 100 x 2, 110 x 1, 120 x 1, 130 x 1, 140 x 1, 142.5 x 1. (weights couldn’t fit on the bar anymore, need to get rid of all my small weights and buy more 10’s or something)
  2. T-bar rows: up until i couldn’t hit 15 anymore.
  3. Chin-ups
  4. Barbell Curls
  5. More bicep work

Hey man, welcome.

What are your goals? Is this mostly physique oriented work or are you trying to get stronger? What sort of program are you using? Does it have progressive overload?

Sorry to hammer you with questions right out the gate.

Don’t apologize Ambugaton haha, I’m stoked to have someone following the log and to be curious about it!
Amb,

My goals are a bit tricky to explain really. I don’t want to train exclusively be a ‘power lifter’, nor a ‘bodybuilder’. I will never compete in a meet or step on stage in posing trunks, but I wish to increase strength/ability in the most useful major lifts: squatting, dead lifting, benching, pull-ups, dips, etc, whilst eating a calorie surplus consisting of reasonably healthy foods to increase size and muscle mass. Obviously I want to look muscular and as best as I can naturally, however I’m not concerned with having a chiseled 6 pack or anything too superficial. I lift because I love it and am passionate about studying the body (both the mental and physical aspects) The changes we can create through things like resistance training amaze me and I just want to try to reach my peak natural potential. Lifting is amazing. You can begin your session concerned with exams, relationship trouble, work issues, or a range of things… but when you’re in the middle of a heavy set none of that rubbish matters. :slight_smile:

I guess I follow a Wendler 5/3/1 style for most of my big lifts and so progressive overload is defiantly utilized.

Ambugaton feel free to ask questions whenever, I have learnt a lot about this stuff over the past three years at uni and throughout my lifting experiences and although there are probably hundreds of members on this site who know more than me, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about resistance training etc.

Cheers. Will post my chest/tricep session in a minute.

Thursday 8th November

Had an exam today so I ate little and stressed lots.
Have another tomorrow and a third on Saturday but what can you do.

Pre-exhaust chest with flys

1. Benchpress: up to 85kg x 1, then did 70kg x 10 (rest-pause style) then 50kg x 20.
  2. Dips: bw x 5, 5. 10kg x 5,5,5,5.
  3. Pushups- max x 3 supersetted with tricep work

Almost 10pm. Time to eat and study for tomorrows psychology exam.

Exams all finished for the year. 2 weeks until I go to Europe for a holiday, time to get some serious food/training in.

Legs today
Sunday 11th November

1. Leg extension Leg curl super-set
  2. Squats: 70 x 2, 90 x 2, 100 x 1, 110 x 1- into a dropset (90x2,70x5,50x10)
  3. SLDL ss Lunges
  4. Leg Extensions ss Calves

[quote]logmylifts wrote:
Don’t apologize Ambugaton haha, I’m stoked to have someone following the log and to be curious about it!
Amb,

My goals are a bit tricky to explain really. I don’t want to train exclusively be a ‘power lifter’, nor a ‘bodybuilder’. I will never compete in a meet or step on stage in posing trunks, but I wish to increase strength/ability in the most useful major lifts: squatting, dead lifting, benching, pull-ups, dips, etc, whilst eating a calorie surplus consisting of reasonably healthy foods to increase size and muscle mass. Obviously I want to look muscular and as best as I can naturally, however I’m not concerned with having a chiseled 6 pack or anything too superficial. I lift because I love it and am passionate about studying the body (both the mental and physical aspects) The changes we can create through things like resistance training amaze me and I just want to try to reach my peak natural potential. Lifting is amazing. You can begin your session concerned with exams, relationship trouble, work issues, or a range of things… but when you’re in the middle of a heavy set none of that rubbish matters. :slight_smile:

I guess I follow a Wendler 5/3/1 style for most of my big lifts and so progressive overload is defiantly utilized.

Ambugaton feel free to ask questions whenever, I have learnt a lot about this stuff over the past three years at uni and throughout my lifting experiences and although there are probably hundreds of members on this site who know more than me, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about resistance training etc.

Cheers. Will post my chest/tricep session in a minute.[/quote]

It sounds like we have pretty similar goals. I’ll be following. What is your course of study?

Studying 2 degrees, ‘Human Movement’ and ‘Psychology’.
And do you have a log on here? If so post the link up and I’ll have a look.

On a ‘deload’ week. Not eating enough! Not sleeping enough! Losing weight and frustrated.

10 days till I go overseas, and I don’t want to leave being any less than 73kg as I know I’m going to lose weight over there due to lack of food and not having access to gym equipment :frowning:

Frustrattttttingggg.

1. DB fly’s: 8,8,8.
  2. Benchpress: (focusing on being explosive out of the bottom position) 50 kg x 5,5,5,5,5.
  3. Close-Grip pushups: 10,10,10.

16th Nov

Dead lift: 70 x 4, 90 x 4, 100 x 4, 110 x 5, 120 x 5, 130 x 4. (120 x 3,3,3)
T-Bar Rows: up to 50kg x 23.
Pull ups: BW x 8, 8, 8, 8. (different grips each set)
Preacher curls: 4 sets
Incline bench dumbbell curls: 3 sets

18th Nov

Fly’s

1. Benchpress - up to 80 kg x 5, 75 kg x 5, 60 kg x 10.
  2. Incline benchpress (slow negatives)
  3. Dips SS incline fly’s
  4. Delt/Tricep work

20th November

Did sprints last night so legs today might be interesting…
warmup with leg ext and leg curls and jumps

1. Squats: up to 70kg x 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3. (practicing form)
  2. SLDL: 50kg x 7,7,7,7. SLOW supersetted with BW calf raises
  3. Some quad shiz

21st November: Shoulders/Tri/Abs

Push press: 50 x 3, 55 x 3, 60 x 3, 65 x 2 - 50 x 3, 30 x 10(ds)
Incline presses SS Band pulls
Skull Crushers SS abs