We Will All Die.......

I wonder what TC would come up with…

Amir

Well I have always told my wife I want an open bar at my funeral. Seriously. I also told her to make the affair as upbeat as possible and to enlist my friends in telling good stories about me. Of course they should feel free to exagerate and embelish. I also told her I want it to be a celeberation of my life not a mourning of it’s passing.

Hope I can make it a fuffilling event. Always try to live that way.

Morbid thought and I hope it is many years in the future. Many years.

On the tombstone. “Husband, Father, Good man gone”.

I also toyed with the idea of leaving some money to my alma mater for a scholarship. Maybe for a kid from my town who is down on his luck financially. Not sure what the criteria would be. Something sincere but not too silly. Maybe a little ecentric.

To be put on my tombstone:
“I wish I would have spent more time at the office.”

No one has ever put that on their tombstone before…or at least that’s what people keep saying.

no need for a tombstone or even a grave…just drop my carcass off in a dumpster behind a mall somewhere

just put me out with the garbage…no need for a headstone or even a grave.

[quote]dastang21 wrote:
“We will eventually all die, everyones rate of survival is zero on a long enough time-line.” My wife and I had a discussion tonight about the war in Iraq and if I ever have to go after the deployment I am on now. We talked about Bush and how soldiers have died in Iraq, why we are there… blah blah blah ( I am a Republican, she a Democrat mind you). It all started becaused we watched a movie called Farenheit 911. That movie bugged the hell out of me but everyone has the freedom of speech, so if he decides to spend thousands of hours and millions of dollars to make a terrible movie let him do it, though he could better spend his time working out in the gym =*).My biggest pet peive in the world is people who complain but do nothing about what the are complaining about lol. They are just wasting time and air to me. [/quote]

I’m in a very similar situation.

Check out “FarenHYPE 911”. It replies to Moore’s accusations about 9/11 and the Bush family’s ties to the Saudi’s. It starts out with Moore at some liberal speaking engagement chanting over and over “There is no terrorist threat in this country”, while the crowd cheers loudly.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
mica617 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
No offense, but not everyone is in agreement with lives being lost under misguided pretenses.

X,
I think your missing the point he was trying to make. He was aiming more at the “what would you want said after you pass away” not “political should we be at war” discussion.

I understood what his point was. I also picked up on what seemed to be uncaring as to how he or others die. I wasn’t alone in that. It is his life. He can go out as he sees fit. My job puts me in the position of trying to either hold onto lives or make those lives better or healthier. I personally do care how someone goes out, especially when the war was mentioned.

Bottom line, if he didn’t want anyone commenting on his position as far as one of the most controversial events in history, then he probably should have left that out of his post.

Writings on a tombstone mean nothing. They are just words to be read by people in the future who never even knew you. Unless those words are designed to emotionally effect those who may eventually read them, worrying about what is on that tombstone when you seem to care little for how the life lived before it ended makes no damn sense.[/quote]

We really don’t know how controversial it is since it isn’t history yet. I don’t think we will be around when this is studied by generations to come.

Depending on how fine you want to split a hair, today will be history by tomorrow.

[quote]dvldog wrote:
We really don’t know how controversial it is since it isn’t history yet. I don’t think we will be around when this is studied by generations to come.
[/quote]

When half of the country seems to be split down the middle on the issue, I think it is safe to say that it is very controversial for this point in time.

I once saw a video where they froze a person’s corpse with liquid nitrogen and used a big bass note to shatter the corpse into a million pieces off of a cliff. Kinda like Jason X, only real. I want that.
-CA

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Ok so let me see if I understand. You dont care how or why you die?

I understand and agree with the part about remembering the good and so forth . Sounds like you dont care how or why you die just that you have lived well and thats what matters.

For example I think someone being killed by a drunk driver is worth getting angry over and doing something about.

Oh and to find out if your favorite Politician or Pundit served or not check out

[/quote]

I didnt want this to turn into a political thread or I would have posted it there!!! You can dig up dirty on anyone and that is all I will say.
But honestly, as long as I dont die in some communist’s hands, then I really dont care how or why I die, death is unpredectable. Just like the rest of life. I do see the point you are trying to make about the drunk driver, but we can’t plan life around that.Thank You
Dastang

mica617 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
No offense, but not everyone is in agreement with lives being lost under misguided pretenses.

X,
I think your missing the point he was trying to make. He was aiming more at the “what would you want said after you pass away” not “political should we be at war” discussion.

I understood what his point was. I also picked up on what seemed to be uncaring as to how he or others die. I wasn’t alone in that. It is his life. He can go out as he sees fit. My job puts me in the position of trying to either hold onto lives or make those lives better or healthier. I personally do care how someone goes out, especially when the war was mentioned.

Bottom line, if he didn’t want anyone commenting on his position as far as one of the most controversial events in history, then he probably should have left that out of his post.

Writings on a tombstone mean nothing. They are just words to be read by people in the future who never even knew you. Unless those words are designed to emotionally effect those who may eventually read them, worrying about what is on that tombstone when you seem to care little for how the life lived before it ended makes no damn sense.[/quote]

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” ~Mark Twain

“We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears. We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.” ~David Sarnoff

“If you spend all your time worrying about dying, living isn’t going to be much fun.” ~From the television show Roseanne

“I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived.” ~Willa Cather

“Our death is not an end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation. For they are us, our bodies are only wilted leaves on the tree of life.” ~Albert Einstein

“As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well used brings happy death.” ~Leonardo da Vinci

Just some food for thought from some people who have had some success in life.(except maybe roseanne)=*) What I posted is my opinion, you all have the right to disagree with it, I just thought some people might enjoy it and have some fun with it. Thank You
Dastang

First off, I want to be buried face down so the world can kiss my boney old ass!! I want the words of my fav’ philosopher (Bugs Bunny) on the stone: “Don’t take life so seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.”

[quote]Jimbob wrote:
First off, I want to be buried face down so the world can kiss my boney old ass!! I want the words of my fav’ philosopher (Bugs Bunny) on the stone: “Don’t take life so seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.”[/quote]

I think that was Yogi Berra who said that first

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
First off, I want to be buried face down so the world can kiss my boney old ass!! I want the words of my fav’ philosopher (Bugs Bunny) on the stone: “Don’t take life so seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.”

I think that was Yogi Berra who said that first[/quote]

Sounds like something Yogi would say. I just remember it from a Bugs cartoon long ago.

[quote]dastang21 wrote:
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” ~Mark Twain

“We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears. We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.” ~David Sarnoff

“If you spend all your time worrying about dying, living isn’t going to be much fun.” ~From the television show Roseanne
[/quote]

Good quotes, bro. I know I’m kinda weird about this, but I personally feel that if there is such a thing as a “sin”, it would be fear. That is why I celebrate acts of courage so much. What more powerful thing is there for one man in this life to experience than that feeling of teeth-gritted, single-minded, steel-willed, all-out determination?

When you are down in the hole on a PR squat attempt, what are you thinking about? The ones who fear – who doubt themselves or are worried about making it back up – those are the ones who fail. The same can be said about anything in this life. There are lessons everywhere around us if we are paying attention.

dvldog wrote:

When half of the country seems to be split down the middle on the issue, I think it is safe to say that it is very controversial for this point in time. [/quote]

It is contoversial. But are we going to know how this plays out in the next few weeks?

I would like my body to be used for medical research.

At least that’s more useful than “throw me in the dumpster.”

[quote]dvldog wrote:
Professor X wrote:
dvldog wrote:

When half of the country seems to be split down the middle on the issue, I think it is safe to say that it is very controversial for this point in time.

It is contoversial. But are we going to know how this plays out in the next few weeks?

[/quote]

We don’t need to wait. There are many dead in this operation as it is. I think they lost.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
I would like my body to be used for medical research.

At least that’s more useful than “throw me in the dumpster.”[/quote]

I plan to be pretty used up by then and not much good for anything else. If anyone want’s any parts, they’re welcome to 'em