T Nation

We Need This Game Show Here

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1736393/

Seriously.

“Every Japanese game show clip you see instantly becomes the best one you’ve ever seen.”

LOL! So true - that is wicked.

That show is awesome. I have seen it in Japan and in NZ. In Japan its name is ‘Sasuke’. In English it is called “Ninja Warrior”. The dude featured in this clip is a fisherman who wins the series.

There is one for chicks too.

is there going to be another pissing match about these guys not being strong? God I hope so.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
is there going to be another pissing match about these guys not being strong? God I hope so.[/quote]

They’re not big, that’s for sure.

It’s on all the time on G4TV

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
is there going to be another pissing match about these guys not being strong? God I hope so.

They’re not big, that’s for sure.[/quote]
No, not big at all. Doesn’t matter. Just waiting for the 30% BF folks whine that these guys aren’t strong.

Makoto Nagano can do some bad ass shit. That’s why he is a Ninja Warrior.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:

No, not big at all. Doesn’t matter. Just waiting for the 30% BF folks whine that these guys aren’t strong.

[/quote]

I wanna see a 30%BF guy jump around like that and pull himself up with such ease.

That dude is a beast, even at a low bodyweight.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:

I wanna see a 30%BF guy jump around like that and pull himself up with such ease.

That dude is a beast, even at a low bodyweight.

[/quote]

I am a far cry from 30% bodyfat, but like hell do I think I could ever do some of that shit. At least not nearly as quickly as that guy did.

Simple physics set in at a certain point. 280 pounds gets pretty f’ing heavy to haul up and down ropes, eventually, regardless of how strong you are.

Do those contestants get to practice those events prior to competing in them? Looks like a huge bit of tactics/skill, in addition to athleticism.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:

Do those contestants get to practice those events prior to competing in them? Looks like a huge bit of tactics/skill, in addition to athleticism.
[/quote]

One of the regular competitors builds replicas of some of the events in his backyard so he can practice. Other competitors travel to his place to train. The gas station attendant also built some mock ups of some of the grip events around the outside of his gas station so he can practice at work.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:

One of the regular competitors builds replicas of some of the events in his backyard so he can practice. Other competitors travel to his place to train. The gas station attendant also built some mock ups of some of the grip events around the outside of his gas station so he can practice at work.

[/quote]

The guy who won is a fisherman. He used to climb the mast of his ship and do all kinds of pullups and ab training and other grip stuff 20-30m up in the air. Talk about motivation not to let go.