We Need Another Christianity Thread

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
My own country is almost 100% atheist, and it is exceedingly successful and peaceful. We have something like 2% church attendance. Say no to churches and their religious bullying, which more often than not comes under the guise of a helping hand. [/quote]

Well, let me express my distaste for etatist bullying based upon incredible and unproven myths.[/quote]

Excuse me, what?[/quote]

If you have a problem with bullying based upon incredible and unproven myths and you live in one of them there Scandinavian countries, just a guess, your problem is definitely not religion.

At least not in the traditional sense.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
My own country is almost 100% atheist, and it is exceedingly successful and peaceful. We have something like 2% church attendance. Say no to churches and their religious bullying, which more often than not comes under the guise of a helping hand. [/quote]

Well, let me express my distaste for etatist bullying based upon incredible and unproven myths.[/quote]

Excuse me, what?[/quote]

If you have a problem with bullying based upon incredible and unproven myths and you live in one of them there Scandinavian countries, just a guess, your problem is definitely not religion.

At least not in the traditional sense. [/quote]

Would someone like to translate this for me, because I have no clue what he’s trying to say.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

Excuse me, what?[/quote]

Would someone like to translate this for me, because I have no clue what he’s trying to say.[/quote]

Mwuahahhaha… no, why would you…

Why do you see the splinter in someone else’s eye and not the one in your own?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

Excuse me, what?[/quote]

Would someone like to translate this for me, because I have no clue what he’s trying to say.[/quote]

Mwuahahhaha… no, why would you…

Why do you see the splinter in someone else’s eye and not the one in your own?[/quote]

If you have some point to make, make it. Don’t dance around it like a little girl. You were mumbling something about “them there Scandinavian countries”, and it’s not making a whole lot of sense.

What it’s like to be an Atheist:

Every time you hear anyone talk about God, just imagine they’re talking about Santa, and you’ll know how an Atheist hears the conversation. It’s not that they hate Jesus or you; they might even have pleasant memories of religious gatherings and the warm fuzzies of faith; it’s just weird hearing a grown person giving thanks to something that doesn’t exist (think Santa). It’s like watching someone have a trick played on them for their entire lives.

[quote]florelius wrote:
Inb4 this thread slides down crap mountain.

carry on, I bring my bucket of popcorn ;)[/quote]

Holy shoulder-to-waist ratio! Way to win the genetic lottery.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

Every time you hear anyone talk about God, just imagine they’re talking about Santa, and you’ll know how an Atheist hears the conversation. It’s not that they hate Jesus or you; they might even have pleasant memories of religious gatherings and the warm fuzzies of faith; it’s just weird hearing a grown person giving thanks to something that doesn’t exist (think Santa). It’s like watching someone have a trick played on them for their entire lives.[/quote]

It’s more like watching a slave that knows the master could be listening in. But I can’t blame those people, after all these are the stories they’ve been told since childhood. What amazes me are the people that struggle with their faith, but HOPE that it’s all true. They actually wish the vengeful and jealous god of the bible to be real, and THAT concept is what boggles the mind.

I would choose oblivion before I’d choose an eternity of glorifying some vain deity.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

Every time you hear anyone talk about God, just imagine they’re talking about Santa, and you’ll know how an Atheist hears the conversation. It’s not that they hate Jesus or you; they might even have pleasant memories of religious gatherings and the warm fuzzies of faith; it’s just weird hearing a grown person giving thanks to something that doesn’t exist (think Santa). It’s like watching someone have a trick played on them for their entire lives.[/quote]

It’s more like watching a slave that knows the master could be listening in. But I can’t blame those people, after all these are the stories they’ve been told since childhood. What amazes me are the people that struggle with their faith, but HOPE that it’s all true. They actually wish the vengeful and jealous god of the bible to be real, and THAT concept is what boggles the mind.

I would choose oblivion before I’d choose an eternity of glorifying some vain deity.[/quote]

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
Inb4 this thread slides down crap mountain.

carry on, I bring my bucket of popcorn ;)[/quote]

Holy shoulder-to-waist ratio! Way to win the genetic lottery.[/quote]

Thank you Oleena :slight_smile:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:<<< Being greeted by you at the door to the asylum is a fitting enough metaphor. But I think you’ll find your doctors cloak is really a straight jacket. [/quote]Not bad man. That was kinda funny. I’ll be happy to discuss this with ya, but you have to promise not to run away like Oleena did when faced with the utterly content-less futility of every single thing you are, think, do or say. That is, by your standard of alleged atheistic unbelief. I actually think much more highly of you than you do.

Well, forget the promise. You’ll probably run away anyhow, but that’s ok. I’m very used to it. Do not misinterpret what I’m saying as some arrogant declaration of my own invincible intellectual capabilities. I’ll simply point to His infallible truth and you WILL run away.

Lemme ask a favor. This is an honest request. Please? Tell me what you think I am going to say, if you have any idea. How would you expect an ultra fundamentalist, young universe, six day creation, all the bible down to the words nutcase like me to defend what I believe? I’m askin you sincerely. Please don’t go cheap on me with something like “there is no defense”. Tell me. What kind of “proof” would convince you that the tri-personal God of the ancient historic Christian faith and scriptures exists?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:<<< Being greeted by you at the door to the asylum is a fitting enough metaphor. But I think you’ll find your doctors cloak is really a straight jacket. [/quote]Not bad man. That was kinda funny. I’ll be happy to discuss this with ya, but you have to promise not to run away like Oleena did when faced with the utterly content-less futility of every single thing you are, think, do or say. That is, by your standard of alleged atheistic unbelief. I actually think much more highly of you than you do.

Well, forget the promise. You’ll probably run away anyhow, but that’s ok. I’m very used to it. Do not misinterpret what I’m saying as some arrogant declaration of my own invincible intellectual capabilities. I’ll simply point to His infallible truth and you WILL run away.

Lemme ask a favor. This is an honest request. Please? Tell me what you think I am going to say, if you have any idea. How would you expect an ultra fundamentalist, young universe, six day creation, all the bible down to the words nutcase like me to defend what I believe? I’m askin you sincerely. Please don’t go cheap on me with something like “there is no defense”. Tell me. What kind of “proof” would convince you that the tri-personal God of the ancient historic Christian faith and scriptures exists?
[/quote]

MY understanding of Christianity is written plainly in the OP. I wouldn’t presume to put words in your mouth nor do I wish to play games. Speak plainly and to the point, no one is running anywhere.

You’ll have to do better than the vague slights about my origin that I’ve gotten this far.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
Christian point of view : God was bored and needed a set of doormats/housepets…
[/quote]

Your point of view: The state atheism of various dictators, Stalin for example, was only flawed in it’s inability to completely wipe out religious thought. How’s Norway doing by the way? You folks ever reach replacement level fertility yet? I know they’ve been handing out some sweetheart welfare benefits just to get you guys to breed. I also note the speed at which the Orthodox and Muslims are growing.

There. Now we’ve assigned to each other a point of view, without any regard to the actual “point of view” of the other. Let’s troll each other for 30 pages. It was obviously the purpose of the thread. Heck, it got Oleena in here. As Oleena, even.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

MY understanding of Christianity is written plainly in the OP…
[/quote]

You didn’t claim that to be YOUR UNDERSTANDING of Christianity. You said it was OUR point of view. Please do continue. Perhaps you’ll have us drinking the blood of atheist children, by the time you’ve finished informing of us of our thought and practice. It was a well done troll post, but you still have room to improve, finishing even stronger.

This thread is now about Iowa. Who takes it? Gingrich, Romney, or even Paul (he’s polling second now…)?

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[/quote]

You didn’t claim that to be YOUR UNDERSTANDING of Christianity. You said it was OUR point of view. Please do continue. Perhaps you’ll have us drinking the blood of atheist children, by the time you’ve finished informing of us of our thought and practice. It was a well done troll post, but you still have room to improve, finishing even stronger.

This thread is now about Iowa. Who takes it? Gingrich, Romney, or even Paul (he’s polling second now…)?

[/quote]

It is my understanding of your point of view, you dunce. Did that really have to be spelled out for you? You better stop this guy from posting, Trib. He’s not helping your case any.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is my understanding of your point of view, you dunce. Did that really have to be spelled out for you? You better stop this guy from posting, Trib. He’s not helping your case any.[/quote]

Right. And the above was my understanding of your point of view. So, how do you propose the establishment of ‘re-education’ camps for us? Where you will place our children, when you take them from us under the guise of mental abuse? Is our fate with the lions, or in a gulag?

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
He’s not helping your case any.[/quote]

But we’re not discussing our case, we’re discussing my point of view, of your point of view, of the Christian point of view. So, tell us more about us.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is my understanding of your point of view, you dunce. Did that really have to be spelled out for you? You better stop this guy from posting, Trib. He’s not helping your case any.[/quote]

Right. And the above was my understanding of your point of view. So, how do you propose on funding the ‘re-education’ camps for the religious? Where you will place our children, when you take them from us under the guise of mental abuse? Is our fate with the lions, or in a gulag?[/quote]

Where did I say that I want to re-educate you? I’m saying, and this is after being raised a christian and whos parents and siblings are christian, THAT… (read OP)

I don’t deal in damnation (or vicarious redemption), that is the way of the religious.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
Where did I say that I want to re-educate you?[/quote]

But it’s my point of view of your point of view. Now spend 30 unproductive pages proving that this isn’t your point of view to me (anyone could say it isn’t, prove it), a guy who isn’t really even interested in your point of view (much like yourself), all the while never having even a chance of convincing me otherwise. So, who will it be in Iowa?

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

I don’t deal in damnation (or vicarious redemption), that is the way of the religious.[/quote]

No, you deal in ‘sheeple.’ Or in the ‘brainwashed.’ The ‘non-brights.’ You describe wasted lives spent within religion, regardless if the life feels wasted or not to the person. As if there were rules handed down by your cold, dumb, universe, as to what human lives must be filled with in order to fulfilled. This is my point of view of your point of view, of course.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
Where did I say that I want to re-educate you?[/quote]

But it’s my point of view of your point of view. Now spend 30 unproductive pages proving that this isn’t your point of view to me (anyone could say it isn’t), a guy who isn’t really even interested in your point of view (much like yourself), all the while never having even a chance of convincing me otherwise. So, who will it be in Iowa?
[/quote]

You are making absolutely no sense, simply because my post is based on what your holy book says and implies. I didn’t make anything up here.

Good bye and thanks for playing.