We Are Her Babies' Daddies

Anyone else been watching this story? Is there not some kind of background check before having this procedure done? This is just nuts.

"A big share of the financial burden of raising Nadya Suleman’s 14 children could fall on the shoulders of California’s taxpayers, compounding the public furor in a state already billions of dollars in the red.

Even before the 33-year-old single, unemployed mother gave birth to octuplets last month, she had been caring for her six other children with the help of $490 a month in food stamps, plus Social Security disability payments for three of the youngsters. The public aid will almost certainly be increased with the new additions to her family.

Also, the hospital where the octuplets are expected to spend seven to 12 weeks has requested reimbursement from Medi-Cal, the state’s Medicaid program, for care of the premature babies, according to the Los Angeles Times. The cost has not been disclosed…"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_on_re_us/octuplets

You really need to change that avatar. It’s creepy as fuck.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Anyone else been watching this story? Is there not some kind of background check before having this procedure done? This is just nuts.

"A big share of the financial burden of raising Nadya Suleman’s 14 children could fall on the shoulders of California’s taxpayers, compounding the public furor in a state already billions of dollars in the red.

Even before the 33-year-old single, unemployed mother gave birth to octuplets last month, she had been caring for her six other children with the help of $490 a month in food stamps, plus Social Security disability payments for three of the youngsters. The public aid will almost certainly be increased with the new additions to her family.

Also, the hospital where the octuplets are expected to spend seven to 12 weeks has requested reimbursement from Medi-Cal, the state’s Medicaid program, for care of the premature babies, according to the Los Angeles Times. The cost has not been disclosed…"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_on_re_us/octuplets
[/quote]

It seems, in my view, that she committed insurance fraud and defrauded multiple state and federal agencies to pay for her in-vitro fertilizations.
If this is the case, she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

She’s clearly a cunt with psychological problems. Hell, anyone whose highest aspirations are to have children is suspect in my book(evolution aside).

The fact that she’s sucking off the taxpayer’s teet and living in filth is just icing on the cake.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
You really need to change that avatar. It’s creepy as fuck.[/quote]

Dude, don’t say that. He’s had much worse.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
anyone whose highest aspirations are to have children is suspect in my book.
[/quote]

no kidding…any vag can pop out a kid.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:
anyone whose highest aspirations are to have children is suspect in my book.

no kidding…any vag can pop out a kid.[/quote]

I would say it’s a noble aspiration if you can take care of them yourself. I enjoy being a father more than I enjoy anything else in my life.

Frankly, I’m getting really tired of hearing about this. I see little benefit to chastising one individual, who obviously isn’t psychologically stable, instead of attacking the system as a whole.

Well, once the embryos were created, her choice was to have the kids or to not use the embryos.

I would think that many of the regular posters here would be happy to help support her choice.

[quote]Christine wrote:
Well, once the embryos were created, her choice was to have the kids or to not use the embryos.

I would think that many of the regular posters here would be happy to help support her choice.[/quote]

I think a few of us are wondering why it even got the point of having embryos ready for a welfare case with 6 kids.

And, to flip it around, I suppose some may see this as the power of choice in action. A woman exercising her reproductive rights despite what anyone else might think of the situation.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:

I would think that many of the regular posters here would be happy to help support her choice.

I think a few of us are wondering why it even got the point of having embryos ready for a welfare case with 6 kids. [/quote]

Yes. But the embryos were created, for good or bad.

I would think most of you would support the decision to have the children.

[quote]Christine wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:

I think a few of us are wondering why it even got the point of having embryos ready for a welfare case with 6 kids.

I would think most of you would support the decision to have the children.[/quote]

I do. I also support making sure nothing like this can happen again.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:

I do. I also support making sure nothing like this can happen again. [/quote]

So, you support government intervention into a personal decisions.

[quote]Christine wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:

[/quote]

Do you support government intervention into personal decisions? Such as when, where, and if we should be charitable. I’m speaking of the welfare state, of course.

Follow up. Was she worried about the lives of the taxpayers who were already supporting her (when the state is the red, by the way), and who will now very likely be forced to support her even more?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:

Do you support government intervention into personal decisions? Such as when, where, and if we should be charitable. I’m speaking of the welfare state, of course. [/quote]

I support helping people once they are here.

I don’t give a shit about embryos.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Follow up. Was she worried about the lives of the taxpayers who were already supporting her (when the state is the red, by the way), and who will now very likely be forced to support her even more?[/quote]

Why should she? You don’t give a shit about her children once they leave the womb.

[quote]Christine wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:

I would think most of you would support the decision to have the children.[/quote]

If she had the money to raise 14 children, it would not be an issue to me. The fact that she continues to pop out children with no financial means to support them other than welfare, is what is the problem.

[quote]Christine wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Christine wrote:

Do you support government intervention into personal decisions? Such as when, where, and if we should be charitable. I’m speaking of the welfare state, of course.

I support helping people once they are here.

I don’t give a shit about embryos.[/quote]

But, you don’t actually support other women being allowed to do something like this at society’s expense, right?

[quote]Sloth wrote:

But, you don’t actually support other women being allowed to do something like this at society’s expense, right?[/quote]

As wonderfully biblical as it sounds, I do not support punishing the children for the perceived sins of the mother.

She is obviously unstable. Her children are not going to have an easy time as it is. She cannot support them. Would you prefer orphanages and workhouses?