We Are All Going To Die!

Posted on another site…

Oh my god…Another ignorrant one here…You must have been hiding under a rock or you are confusing steroids with Marijuana…Okay:

Androgenic anabolic steroids (AAS) used for improving physical performance have been considered responsible for acute myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac death…Plus remember Arnord Schwarzenegger?..In 1997 he underwent an operation to repair a heart valve and thats was because of the Steroids he used to take early in his career…There has been reported links of people who has taken steroids dying from heart attacks because of the steroid use.

This is a issue of USA Today from last year:

Steroids played a role in the deaths of several pro wrestlers since 1997, according to medical examiners, family members and the wrestlers themselves, including:

� Curt Hennig, 44, died of acute cocaine intoxication in February 2003, medical records show. But his father said last year that a lethal combination of steroids and painkillers contributed to his death.

�"The British Bulldog," Davey Boy Smith, 39,died in 2002 in Canada of an enlarged heart with evidence of microscopic scar tissue, possibly from steroid abuse, a coroner said. “Davey paid the price with steroid cocktails and human-growth hormones,” says Bruce Hart, a veteran trainer who worked with Smith and was his brother-in-law.

�Louie “Spicolli” Mucciolo, 27, died from coronary disease in his San Pedro, Calif., home in 1998, according to his autopsy. Investigators found an empty vial of the male hormone testosterone, pain pills and an anxiety-reducing drug. The Los Angeles County coroner’s office determined the drugs might have contributed to his heart condition.

�Richard “Ravishing Rick Rude” Rood, 40, died from an overdose of “mixed medications” in Alpharetta, Ga., in 1999, his autopsy shows. In 1994 he testified that he had used anabolic steroids to build muscle mass and relieve joint pain.

�"Flyin’ "Brian Pillman, 35, was taking painkillers and human-growth hormones when he died from heart disease in 1997, his widow said several years ago. Investigators found empty bottles of painkillers near his body in a Minnesota hotel room.

See the resemblance with Tommy’s death?

Heres what you dont know about Steroids:

Steroid abuse has been associated with cardiovascular diseases (CVD), including heart attacks and strokes, even in athletes younger than 30. Steroids contribute to the development of CVD, partly by changing the levels of lipoproteins that carry cholesterol in the blood. Steroids, particularly the oral types, increase the level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and decrease the level of high-density lipoprotein (HDL)…High LDL and low HDL levels increase the risk of atherosclerosis, a condition in which fatty substances are deposited inside arteries and disrupt blood flow…If blood is prevented from reaching the heart, the result can be a heart attack…If blood is prevented from reaching the brain, the result can be a stroke.

Steroids also increase the risk that blood clots will form in blood vessels, potentially disrupting blood flow and damaging the heart muscle so that it does not pump blood effectively.

Steroids alos messes up the liver…Steroid abuse has been associated with liver tumors and a rare condition called peliosis hepatis, in which blood-filled cysts form in the liver…Both the tumors and the cysts sometimes rupture, causing internal bleeding.

So unless you have alot of money to buy yourself a liver than it will be all over for you.

Also remember that Steroids causes Roid Rage which can be lethal for your body…Researchers dida study dealing with a series of medicolegally investigated deaths of 34 white male (20-45 yo) users of anabolic steroids…The causes of death were homicide (n=11), suicide (n=9), accidents (n=12) and indeterminate (n=2). Chronic myocardial pathological changes, e.g., myocardial hypertrophy, coronary arteriosclerosis, myocardial fibrosis, were observed in 12 of the 34 deaths. The homicides, suicides, and accidental drug overdoses were related to impulsive and disinhibited behavior marked by violent rages, mood swings, and uncontrolled drug intake e.g, ethanol, cocaine/amphetamines, opiates, and benzodiazepines. Only 5 of the 33 urine drug abuse screens were negative.

Yeesh. So, the fact that there are known risks that have to be managed means that anything somehow associated with steroid use is evil?

This is as bad as the “ephedra association” that was done in the recent past.

I like how myth is combined with grains of truth to blow everything out of proportion to equate steroids with the devil.

I guess you could do this for any supplement or drug if you wanted to. As when those wrestlers that were doing aerobics in the sauna to make their weight class died of dehyrdration and it was blamed on creatine use.

Until the government is willing to consider the reality of the situation in a responsible manner, I don’t imagine we’ll ever see the end of people spreading myth and propaganda.

I feel like someone should write an article about the dangers of, say, driving a car, and compare it to steroid use.

When will these people realize that ANYTHING can be dangerous when it is abused?

Those guys really like their painkillers.

I’m taking a required PE class at college. Today the topic of AAS and other supplements came up. The teacher basically classified all supplements, including creatine, with AAS. She also taught exactly what the media tells us about AAS.

Everyone in the class seemed to buy it and one guy commented on how steroids helped his friend get big but also made him angry a lot. I asked how his friend was before steroids. Because he was nervous, he blurted out “he was angry a lot then too”. After realizing what he said, the dumb look came across his face and he shut up.

That was followed by class members with looks at me like, “oh he must be on those testicle shrinking, roid rage, murder inducing, evil drugs”. I promptly put my nuts on the desk to show off their full size. Ok kidding about the last part. Just thought I’d share with you how ignorance about AAS is not escaping classrooms either.

though I would post my reply here also to this person…

**Ok so let?s take a closer look at what has been implied. First of all copying and pasting articles from the internet does not make something fact.

**As I said earlier I am not for or against steroids use I just wish people would get their facts straight.

Oh my god…Another ignorrant one here…You must have been hiding under a rock or you are confusing steroids with Marijuana…Okay:

Androgenic anabolic steroids (AAS) used for improving physical performance have been considered responsible for acute myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac death…Plus remember Arnord Schwarzenegger?..In 1997 he underwent an operation to repair a heart valve and thats was because of the Steroids he used to take early in his career…There has been reported links of people who has taken steroids dying from heart attacks because of the steroid use.

**Now lets take a look at the wording here ?have been considered responsible for acute myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac death? ? what this really means is they don?t know. The studies that were done into this were inconclusive (you might want to look them up). However I suspect due to pressures from the ?establishments? that the report was written in such a way as to put fear in to the public with steroid use.

This is a issue of USA Today from last year:

**Now where do I start here ? first it was in USA Today so it must be true!

Steroids played a role in the deaths of several pro wrestlers since 1997, according to medical examiners, family members and the wrestlers themselves, including:

? Curt Hennig, 44, died of acute cocaine intoxication in February 2003, medical records show. But his father said last year that a lethal combination of steroids and painkillers contributed to his death.

**Need I say anymore ?acute cocaine intoxication? ? the cause of death ? so where do steroids come into it ? oh? his father said?

?“The British Bulldog,” Davey Boy Smith, 39,died in 2002 in Canada of an enlarged heart with evidence of microscopic scar tissue, possibly from steroid abuse, a coroner said. “Davey paid the price with steroid cocktails and human-growth hormones,” says Bruce Hart, a veteran trainer who worked with Smith and was his brother-in-law.

**Now we were talking about steroids. hGH can in fact cause a number of problems and may in fact contributed to his death however steroids did not.

?Louie “Spicolli” Mucciolo, 27, died from coronary disease in his San Pedro, Calif., home in 1998, according to his autopsy. Investigators found an empty vial of the male hormone testosterone, pain pills and an anxiety-reducing drug. The Los Angeles County coroner’s office determined the drugs might have contributed to his heart condition.

** Now let?s get the facts straight here; ?Spicolli, who used prescription pills virtually every day for years, partied with friends while watching wrestling videos at his house in San Pedro, Calif. on Saturday night. He downed as many as two dozen somas (muscle relaxers) while also consuming wine all night. He went to sleep, according to his friends, around 2 a.m. He turned off an alarm just past 5 a.m. A few hours later, a friend who crashed at his house noticed a smell coming from Spicolli’s room. He entered and found Spicolli’s skin discolored and vomit around him. An official autopsy has not taken place, but the believe is he either choked on his own vomit or had a bad reaction to mixing drugs and alcohol.? ? Steroids where not involved.

?Richard “Ravishing Rick Rude” Rood, 40, died from an overdose of “mixed medications” in Alpharetta, Ga., in 1999, his autopsy shows. In 1994 he testified that he had used anabolic steroids to build muscle mass and relieve joint pain.

**again overdose of mixed medications!!! Not steroids.

?"Flyin’ "Brian Pillman, 35, was taking painkillers and human-growth hormones when he died from heart disease in 1997, his widow said several years ago. Investigators found empty bottles of painkillers near his body in a Minnesota hotel room.

**Again hGH

See the resemblance with Tommy’s death?

**Not with steroids!

Heres what you dont know about Steroids:

Steroid abuse has been associated with cardiovascular diseases (CVD), including heart attacks and strokes, even in athletes younger than 30. Steroids contribute to the development of CVD, partly by changing the levels of lipoproteins that carry cholesterol in the blood. Steroids, particularly the oral types, increase the level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and decrease the level of high-density lipoprotein (HDL)…High LDL and low HDL levels increase the risk of atherosclerosis, a condition in which fatty substances are deposited inside arteries and disrupt blood flow…If blood is prevented from reaching the heart, the result can be a heart attack…If blood is prevented from reaching the brain, the result can be a stroke.

Steroids also increase the risk that blood clots will form in blood vessels, potentially disrupting blood flow and damaging the heart muscle so that it does not pump blood effectively.

Steroids alos messes up the liver…Steroid abuse has been associated with liver tumors and a rare condition called peliosis hepatis, in which blood-filled cysts form in the liver…Both the tumors and the cysts sometimes rupture, causing internal bleeding.

**Not when the athlete knows what they are doing ? and in 99% of cases they do. And it has been shown in studies that any disturbance in liver function is returned to normal when the steroids are stopped ? that is one of the reasons for cycling them.

So unless you have alot of money to buy yourself a liver than it will be all over for you.

Also remember that Steroids causes Roid Rage which can be lethal for your body…Researchers dida study dealing with a series of medicolegally investigated deaths of 34 white male (20-45 yo) users of anabolic steroids…The causes of death were homicide (n=11), suicide (n=9), accidents (n=12) and indeterminate (n=2). Chronic myocardial pathological changes, e.g., myocardial hypertrophy, coronary arteriosclerosis, myocardial fibrosis, were observed in 12 of the 34 deaths. The homicides, suicides, and accidental drug overdoses were related to impulsive and disinhibited behavior marked by violent rages, mood swings, and uncontrolled drug intake e.g, ethanol, cocaine/amphetamines, opiates, and benzodiazepines. Only 5 of the 33 urine drug abuse screens were negative.

**This is interesting because a study was conducted in Australia where one group were given steroids (testosterone enanthate) and the other group a placebo. One individual dropped out because he felt the steroids were effecting his aggression to a point where he had no control. He was latter told that he was in the placebo group. Interesting enough some media reports stated that the steroid group had the aggression problems. ? look the actual study up.

everything in moderation.just remember that less is more sometimes!

I cant comment on every fact mentioned in this post but I will comment on Davey Boy Smith, who is a member of the Hart family, a prominent wrestling family in Calgary, my hometown. I am familiar with Harts on a semi-personal basis and one thing I can tell you is that many of them had / have problems with cocaine use. Many of them use or abuse cocaine. When Davey Boy Smith died (in Calgary by the way) many people connected it with his cocaine use rather then his steroid use, or a synergistic effect of the two.

Allso I think Arnold Schwarznegger and Pro Wrestlers are probably on the higher end of steroid use. I was reading one survey of 100 steroid users and it found that 75% of steroid users use less then 1000 mg’s/week. Another study has been done following healthy adult males given 600mg’s/week test enth. And no negative side effects were reported in the group other then acne and increased rate of hairloss (with a few users).

I would be inlcined to think that using a low dosage of steroids is probably pretty safe. Stay away from the ingestables and your liver will be doing OK. I see some people using mega-stacks of like 4 different steroids and 2g’s+ week, and though I understand why and I wouldnt mind doing a hardcore cycle myself, I think there must be increased risk in higher dosages.

When you move to professional body builders some spending 30 - 50 thousand dollars a year on steroids and HGH then of course there are going to be more side effects. Hell if you spend 1,000 a year on alcohol you are probably gonna be allright, if you spend 20,000 a year on alcohol you are probably gonna get sick.

[quote]HE-MAN wrote:
everything in moderation.just remember that less is more sometimes![/quote]

Thank you! Everything in life has plusses and minuses!

[quote]The Dmachine wrote:
I cant comment on every fact mentioned in this post but I will comment on Davey Boy Smith, who is a member of the Hart family, a prominent wrestling family in Calgary, my hometown. I am familiar with Harts on a semi-personal basis and one thing I can tell you is that many of them had / have problems with cocaine use. Many of them use or abuse cocaine. When Davey Boy Smith died (in Calgary by the way) many people connected it with his cocaine use rather then his steroid use, or a synergistic effect of the two.

Allso I think Arnold Schwarznegger and Pro Wrestlers are probably on the higher end of steroid use. I was reading one survey of 100 steroid users and it found that 75% of steroid users use less then 1000 mg’s/week. Another study has been done following healthy adult males given 600mg’s/week test enth. And no negative side effects were reported in the group other then acne and increased rate of hairloss (with a few users).

I would be inlcined to think that using a low dosage of steroids is probably pretty safe. Stay away from the ingestables and your liver will be doing OK. I see some people using mega-stacks of like 4 different steroids and 2g’s+ week, and though I understand why and I wouldnt mind doing a hardcore cycle myself, I think there must be increased risk in higher dosages.

When you move to professional body builders some spending 30 - 50 thousand dollars a year on steroids and HGH then of course there are going to be more side effects. Hell if you spend 1,000 a year on alcohol you are probably gonna be allright, if you spend 20,000 a year on alcohol you are probably gonna get sick.[/quote]

yeah, i agree man…i have heard (although, i don’t know for certain), that since the pro-wresters have to be in shape all the time, most off them are never actually off the juice…