We Almost Got Asteroided Last Night

[quote]schultzie wrote:
i work with this guy who says in 2012 hes going to take all the girls at work and put them in cages and drive up north and start a girl farm[/quote]

Im gonna plow those fields.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
SSC wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
SSC wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Shit, at this rate we won’t even make it to 2012!! Agh!! Time to go rape, pillage, and plunder! Who’s with me?!

Oh… whoops. I thought we were starting that already.

Back to the actual story, though, that’s interesting. Since there’s apparently SO much evidence against 2012 I find it funny an asteroid like this can be so under the radar.

The universe is random, this asteroid was random, any cause and effect generalizations we as humans make to things beyond our control are just flaws in our psychological schemas.

So wait… you just gave very un-quantitative ‘evidence’ that the Planet-X/Nibiru theory could happen, hmm?

Nawww, just saying why people find it easy to believe that the Mayan calendar signals the end of the world. Not really on topic, but I can do whatever I want with my posts.
[/quote]

Huh? I wasn’t questioning what you can or can’t do with your posts… I’m just saying, with all of the random and unknown aspects of the universe, for people to try and use scientific research to actually DISCREDIT something like 2012 (a mere proposed outcome) is kind of absurd.

It’s kind of like using scientific evidence to convince people Nematoads don’t exist.

+1 E-points for you if you know that reference without google.

[quote]SSC wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
SSC wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
SSC wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Shit, at this rate we won’t even make it to 2012!! Agh!! Time to go rape, pillage, and plunder! Who’s with me?!

Oh… whoops. I thought we were starting that already.

Back to the actual story, though, that’s interesting. Since there’s apparently SO much evidence against 2012 I find it funny an asteroid like this can be so under the radar.

The universe is random, this asteroid was random, any cause and effect generalizations we as humans make to things beyond our control are just flaws in our psychological schemas.

So wait… you just gave very un-quantitative ‘evidence’ that the Planet-X/Nibiru theory could happen, hmm?

Nawww, just saying why people find it easy to believe that the Mayan calendar signals the end of the world. Not really on topic, but I can do whatever I want with my posts.

Huh? I wasn’t questioning what you can or can’t do with your posts… I’m just saying, with all of the random and unknown aspects of the universe, for people to try and use scientific research to actually DISCREDIT something like 2012 (a mere proposed outcome) is kind of absurd.

It’s kind of like using scientific evidence to convince people Nematoads don’t exist.

+1 E-points for you if you know that reference without google.[/quote]

No points for me, but do I get points for not trying to google it? Surely you can’t discredit it, but that doesn’t mean that evidence against something can’t make one realize how unlikely it is. That just because you can’t disprove something, doesn’t mean it has an equal chance of happening as not happening.

Weren’t Nematoads in the cartoon Doug?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Weren’t Nematoads in the cartoon Doug?[/quote]

No, no, no. You’ve got it all wrong.

Goomba’s were in Doug.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Asteroided?

Guess anything turns into a verb[/quote]

“If it had hit the ocean, it would have tsunamied.”
I guess so.

[quote]Scrotus wrote:
schultzie wrote:
i work with this guy who says in 2012 hes going to take all the girls at work and put them in cages and drive up north and start a girl farm

Im gonna plow those fields.[/quote]

lmao! too good

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
StevenF wrote:
Weren’t Nematoads in the cartoon Doug?

No, no, no. You’ve got it all wrong.

Goomba’s were in Doug.[/quote]

I thought they were in Mario Brothers the real life movie version?

and obviously the game. but they looked cool in the movie

[quote]schultzie wrote:
i work with this guy who says in 2012 hes going to take all the girls at work and put them in cages and drive up north and start a girl farm[/quote]

Well shucks y’all, I’m just a simple girl farmer…