T Nation

WDFPF World Champs Video

I’m just home from the world drug free powerlifting world championships. I embarrased myself at it. I fucked up really badly.

I went 180kg/115kg/210kg @ 90kg

I don’t know what happened with my bench. One things for sure tho, I’ll never let a meet like this happen again to myself.

one thing i think i noticed in your benching, is the arc you bench in. If i were you i would work on your form and try benching in more of a straight line to lessen distance you are pressing the weight,.

Well Done Hanley
Nothing to be upset about, you got some good lifts there, the squat looked a real head buster. It looked like a good meet; maybe I’ll see you at the world’s next year.

I’m just about to compete in the BDFPA on 02/12/06 so you never know.

Nice one
Chris

I wouldn’t suggest the dive bomb technique for the squat, it messed me up in the past as well.

cool vid, like the music, hope they don’t print my results, i’ll be ashamed for anyone to see them.

Hanley, you totaled over 1000 pounds and you’re pissed at yourself? Pshaw. With that attitude, I’ll bet you WILL blow them out of the water next time.

It’s a damn decent showing in my book.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
Hanley, you totaled over 1000 pounds and you’re pissed at yourself? Pshaw. With that attitude, I’ll bet you WILL blow them out of the water next time.

It’s a damn decent showing in my book.[/quote]

You’re joking right??? I’m 20 years old and 200lbs, I should be totalling alot fucking more. I was hoping for 540kg (1200lbs).

You know it’s funny… a few of my friends were like “what are you so fucking bummed about? think how many people couldn’t even qualify for this and you’re pissed at 4th”

I just looked at them and knew they’d never understand.

[quote]tigerak02 wrote:
I wouldn’t suggest the dive bomb technique for the squat, it messed me up in the past as well.

[/quote]

You squat fairly wide tho right??

I used to control my weights down and now I’ve started to try and jsut accelerate the last 6 inches into the hole and drive out and it’s been working well thus far. Obviously it didn’t work on the 2nd attempt but there’s abotu 10 things that went wrong there!!