T Nation

WDFPF World Championships

I’m Kevin Meaux: a Teen 2 90 kg unequipped lifter. I’ll be competing for the US team on Nov 22 at evansville Indiana.

So far my best in comp lifts are 140 kg SQ, 120 kg BP, and 170 kg DL. My best total is 420 kg. I;ve been in two sanctioned meets so far and I may get a third in before world. The BP record for my category is 110 kg so that will be cool.

With some technical work my squat could be 150-160 easy. I plan on keeping my bench on maitenence/ back burner. I plan on focusing on my deadlift and try to bring it to 4 plates by Nov. I’m going to try to use the ROM progression scheme outlined in a recent article.

Is anyone else competing in this? Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve never competed with a belt before. Do you think it would help and how soon should I start training with one?

I assume I’m lonely in my fed? Where do the other PLers lift in?

If you want to use a belt in the comp; try it out soon- so that you can either get used to it or decide you don’t like it and train without.

[quote]Kevin_Meaux wrote:
I assume I’m lonely in my fed? Where do the other PLers lift in?[/quote]

I’ve lifted in the last two WDFPF world champs, but I’m not flying to the back arse of nowhere USA for this one!! I’m lifting int he WPF champs in Vienna instead!

I lifted at the Euro’s but don’t have the funds to fly out to the states unfortunatly!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Kevin_Meaux wrote:
I assume I’m lonely in my fed? Where do the other PLers lift in?

I’ve lifted in the last two WDFPF world champs, but I’m not flying to the back arse of nowhere USA for this one!! I’m lifting int he WPF champs in Vienna instead![/quote]

Aww, c’mon, Evansville, IN is one of our best kept secret hideaway vacation spots. I hear they have indoor plumbing there…very Hamptons-ish…

Yeah I really have to go buy a belt. I’m thinking elitefitness. Has anyone had good experiences with their belts?

I’d say WDFPF isn’t bad. It’s a little religious for my taste but what can ya say. On the plus side the national office is only a couple hours away and I’m 4 from evansville.

[quote]Kevin_Meaux wrote:
Yeah I really have to go buy a belt. I’m thinking elitefitness. Has anyone had good experiences with their belts?

I’d say WDFPF isn’t bad. It’s a little religious for my taste but what can ya say. On the plus side the national office is only a couple hours away and I’m 4 from evansville.

[/quote]

It’s only that ADFPF that has that Chrisitan strength buzz going on. Worldwide, it’s not like that at all.

I’d wear a belt. i got a lever belt. Great idea, after a set you don’t have to struggle for 5 minutes to get the thing off. But if you don’t have any problems with your form in the squat and deadlift you might not need one. I’ve found if i don’t come up right in the squat i lose my arch and start to round over, and its times like that i’m glad i’ve got a solid belt on.

Good luck in the competition. I liked the sound of the WDFPF because it kept separate records for the equipped and unequipped lifters, but in my state the WDFPF affiliated league is new and very small, so for competition’s sake i had to go elsewhere.